Tinting the windows of your automobile will offer countless benefits including protecting skin by blocking UV rays, cooling your car, and reducing glare – just to name a few. But, before you make the initial purchase, ask yourself these 5 important questions to ensure you are on the right track.
1. How long will my window tint last?The lifetime of window films is dependent on many factors including product type and quality, the climate, and the amount of direct sunlight your car is exposed to. Generally, most automotive films are designed to last much longer than the typical owner will keep the vehicle; many films will perform well past 10 years.
2. How long will it take to tint my windows?The process can take anywhere from 45 minutes to a few hours depending on how many windows are being tinted. If you’re only adding window film to the two front side doors, the installation will be much quicker than if you desire a full installation that includes all four side windows and the back window. Your installing dealer may want to keep the vehicle for at least a half day in order to best complete the job and allow the film time to dry before returning the vehicle back to you. It is best to make arrangements for a ride the day of your window tinting appointment. Tip: Make an appointment with a professional window film dealer to ensure a quality job.
3. Is the film covered by a warranty?Most quality products come with a limited lifetime warranty. However, you should confirm the exact warranty length and stipulations prior to purchasing any film. Also, make sure you receive a manufacturer’s warranty that is completely filled out by your installer, so you’re covered even if by chance your installer ever goes out of business. It is important that you abide by all state and local tint laws. Most warranties will be void if your film installation is illegal. The local installing dealer should know all current tint laws that apply to you.
4. Which window tint is right for me?In order to select the best film for your vehicle, you should consult a professional window film dealer. Dealers offer a wide range of products in a variety of shades and colors, as well as different styles and performance benefits. A dealer can show you swatches and talk to you about which auto tint best fits your needs. You should also understand the tint laws of your state. Professional window film dealers can also help you with selecting the best tint for your vehicle that still adheres to state laws. That being said, your window tint is entirely up to you.
5. Which dealer is right for me?Never compromise. There are tons of companies in your area to choose from. Ensure that you have found the best professional window film installer by comparing customer service, prices, quality of products and brands, previous work, and the dealer’s overall reputation, as well as the reputation of the manufacturer or manufacturers of the window film they sell. With websites like Angie’s List and Yelp, it has never been easier to read reviews.
Remember, do your research. Gather quotes from multiple dealers and compare prices and the quality of the films. With all things above considered, you are on your way to a more enjoyable ride!
Find a Madico dealer in your area.