There are a number of treatments for hyperhidrosis.
- Aluminium chloride (topical medication) -usually used for underarm sweating.
- Iontophoresis – regular treatments, placing affected area in electrically charged water/sodium glycopyrrolate
- Anti-cholinergic medication – suited to those who sweat in several areas
- Anti-wrinkle injections – injections used normally for facial wrinkles can be injected in areas such as the underarms/hands/feet. The average duration of effect is 8 months
- miraDry – a permanent treatment for underarm sweating using microwave energy
- Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (surgery) – an operation to that destroys a portion of the sympathetic nerve trunk to stop problems such as sweating, and facial flushing.
Hyperhidrosis is defined as sweating in excess of the normal needs of the body. There can be underlying medical problems causing this in some cases, and it needs to be investigated by a doctor.
At Victorian Cosmetic Institute we specialise in the use of anti-wrinkle injections and miraDry for the treatment of excessive sweating in the armpits, hands and feet.
How does miraDry permanently treat excessive underarm sweating?
The miraDry excessive sweating underarm treatment is the only non-invasive technology to provide lasting results for underarm sweat without using injections, chemicals or undergoing surgery. The miraDry system uses the exact amount of electromagnetic energy via a handheld device to the underarm sweat glands to eliminate them. This energy is directed below the skin surface into the sweat glands. While the sweat glands are destroyed by thermolysis (a heating process) the surface of the skin stays comfortable and cool. Sweat glands in your underarms will not regenerate after the miraDry system.
The benefits of the miraDry procedure include:
- Dramatic reduction of underarm sweat
- Immediate and lasting results
- Minimal to no downtime after treatment
- Non-invasive and toxin-free
While some patients report feeling localised swelling and/or soreness, this generally clears up in a few weeks. In rare cases, patients can experience short-term numbness in the underarm area or the skin of the upper arms.
At your initial consultation, our highly trained and experienced practitioners will discuss your suitability and expected outcomes of the miraDry excessive sweating treatment. Get more information about miraDry excessive underarm sweating treatment here.