Smartphones these days can do so many fascinating things that we forget that those devices were initially used to solve the problem of communication. Even though it is the age of instant messaging platforms like WhatsApp there is still a large chunk of people who use voice calls and a few of them who use the voicemail feature in their smartphones. In this post, you will know everything about how to set up voicemail on iPhone. Excited? Let’s get started!
Let me break it down to you on how we are going through the process of setting up and using the voicemail on iPhone.
Here are a few things we will look at:
- How to set up voicemail on iPhone
- How to edit voicemail password
- Recording a custom greeting on iPhone
- How to listen to voicemail on iPhone
Firstly, let us go through the process of setting up voicemail on iPhone.
How to set up voicemail on iPhone
This is the first process that you need to do in order to setup Voicemail on iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
- Navigate to your Phone app located at the bottom of your iPhone home screen. Tap-open the Phone app.
- Once you have done that, you will see a voicemail logo the bottom right corner of the window that has opened, select that voicemail icon.
- That action will open the visual voicemail interface. At first, all you will see is a blank screen with a button at the center of the screen which reads – Set up now. Select that option.
- At this stage, you have two options – one, if you have already used voicemail on iPhone previously then you can simply enter that password and gain access to the old account. Two, If you did not use voicemail ever, then you can create a password and then re-enter the password for confirmation and then click on the Done option to go to the greeting screen.
- Now that you have set your password to your iPhone voicemail, the next screen you will see is the Greeting screen. This is where you can set the voice message that greets you every time you use voicemail. If you are not much into that stuff, you can select the option which reads – Default and then Done to complete the setup.
- You have an option called Custom, which you can click on and then record your own greeting and then select the Play option to repeat the greeting back to you. Once you are satisfied with the greeting recording, then you can click on the Done option to finish the voicemail set up on iPhone.
Your voicemail on your iPhone is officially all set up, you can now copy or move your voicemails around all the Apple-powered services. You can also share them via AirDrop with anyone, or simply share them by using the mail.
Now that we are all set up with the voicemail in iPhone, let us look at how we can change the password of Voicemail that you have just set in the previously mentioned steps. Changing passwords every once in a while can be really helpful to keep your account secure.
How to change voicemail password on iPhone
Changing your iPhone voicemail password is much easier than you think. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below and you must be good to go.
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iphone and open it.
- Scroll down till you find the option which reads Phone.
- Now, in the Phone settings you will find a option which reads Change Voicemail Password, Select it.
- Enter your new password or four digits or six digits.
- Then you will be asked to re-enter the password that you have entered previously.
- Once all that is done, select on Done.
That’s it! You have changed your voicemail password on iPhone successfully.
How to record a custom Voicemail greeting on iPhone
Have you left the greeting settings to default?. Do you want to change that setting now? It is possible, let me show you how to record a custom greeting for Voicemail on iPhone.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Select open the Voicemail option present in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, on the left top corner you will find Greeting. Select it.
- Tap of Custom and then tap on Record to record your custom greeting message. You can now click on Play to hear what it sounds like. Once you are satisfied with what you hear you can simply hit on the Save option. That’s it!
How to listen to voicemail on iPhone
Now let us come down to the actual usage of the voicemail feature in iPhone. When someone sends you a voice message you will see that the voicemail section in the Phone app is now different. It has a number next to the voicemail tab, that number represents all the unheard voicemail messages.
The process of listening to the voicemails you have received is stated in the steps below.
- Navigate to the Phone app and select open the app.
- Select the Voicemail option.
- Now tap on any of the voicemails that you want to hear.
- If you want to hear the same voicemails in the speaker then all you have to do is, open the playback options and choose Speaker.
- You can press on Play to listen to the voicemail. Pause button to pause the message.
- Also, you can drag your finger on the slider bar to rewind or fast forward the message.
Voicemail is a feature that can help you maintain a better connect with people in your circle. After all sending a voice message is far more conversational and personal than sending a simple text message to someone.
In this post, we have shared everything you need to set up a new voicemail account on your Apple iPhone, edit the greeting messages and also how you can change the password of the voicemail. That information should be good for you to start off with your voicemail. But if you still have any questions then you can always comment below and we will get back to you.
Set Up Email Manually on your iPhone 7 Plus
You can also set up or add email account(s) manually considering you know your email settings. This means you need to configure email settings including server settings and security type. If you prefer to go for manual email set up on your iPhone, here’s how:
- Go to Settings-> Mail-> Add Account-> Other-> Add Mail Account.
- Enter all the required information such as your email address and password along with the correct server settings.
- Tap Next.
- Set the account sync options such as Contacts and Calendars according to your preferences.
- Tap Save to complete the process.
- If this is the only account you have set up on your iPhone, you will be routed straight to your inbox. If you have multiple accounts set up, you will be prompted with the Mail screen.
- After you have successfully set up or added your email account, you may now start sending email from that account by default. All you have to do is scroll down on this screen and then select Default Account. After that, select the preferred account name.
- If your corporate server requires remote security administration, you will be asked to set up security features. To do so, just select Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with passcode set up.
- To view your inbox, simply tap Mail from the Home screen.
The following steps will help you set up an Exchange email account and stay update with the latest mails from your work inbox wherever you may go for as long as you have your iPhone with you.
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down and tap Mail from the Settings screen.
- If prompted with the Mail screen, tap Accounts to continue.
- Tap Add Account.
- Select Exchange from the given options (email providers).
- Enter your work email address and password.
- Tap Next to continue.
- Tap on the Server field and enter the server address.
- Verify and ensure all field entries are correct.
- Tap Next.
Note: If you don’t know the Exchange server settings for your work email account, contact your email provider or your company’s email/network administrator for the correct server settings.
- Tap to select the sync options you want to enable.
- Tap Save to complete the process.
Your Exchange account has now been configured. You may now access your work email’s inbox. To do so, just press the Home key then tap Mail to open the Mail application. Your Inbox will then be displayed on the next screen.
How to Delete Email Account from your iPhone 7 Plus
If you wish to delete any unnecessary email accounts from your iPhone, just follow these steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Select Mail.
- Under Accounts, tap the email account name you wish to remove or delete.
- Tap Delete Account.
- Tap the option to Delete from My iPhone to confirm deletion of the selected account.
Visual Voicemail is an interface that presents a list of messages for playback and lets select which ones to listen to or delete. On your iPhone, you can manage your voicemails by reviewing them in a list. You can also listen to your messages in any order without having to listen to prompts or prior messages, as well as rewind a message to any point in case you miss part of the message.
The following steps will help you set up and access visual voicemail on your new iPhone:
- Tap Phone from the Home screen. Doing so will launch the phone application or dialler.
- On the dialler screen, tap the Voicemail tab (icon) located on the bottom-right corner.
- Next, tap Set Up Now.
Note: If your phone will dial in to your voicemail inbox instead, it means your account is not provisioned for Visual Voicemail service. Contact your carrier for further assistance on this matter.
- Enter a password for your voicemail account.
- Tap Done.
- Enter the password again and tap Done to confirm.
- On the Greeting screen, you may either opt to use the default greeting by leaving the Default option checked and then tap Save to proceed. Otherwise, tap Custom to record a personal greeting you want to use.
- For this demonstration, tap Custom.
- To start recording your personal greeting, tap Record then say your greeting.
- When the recording is finished, tap Stop. If you want to listen to your new greeting, tap Play. If you want to record the greeting again, tap Record and then tap Save once the greeting is finished.
Your visual voicemail is now set up. You should now be able to get new messages shown on the voicemail screen for review and playback. Just tap a message to start playback.
More Helpful Tips on using Visual Voicemail with your iPhone 7 Plus
- To remove a message, just tap the Delete option next Call Back. Tap Deleted Messages to permanently delete messages and then tap Clear All to confirm action.
- To avoid any problems using Visual Voicemail, verify and ensure you have the latest version of the carrier settings on your iPhone. Activation of the Visual Voicemail feature requires the most up-to-date carrier settings.
- Also make sure you don’t have a data block on your account.
How to Set up iCloud on your iPhone 7 Plus
iCloud allows you to store photos, videos, documents, music, apps, and other contents securely and keep them updated across all your devices. With iCloud you can access your files anytime and anywhere you want them.
Here’s how to set up iCloud on your new iPhone:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll to and tap iCloud from the Settings menu.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Tap Sign In to continue.
If necessary, tap Create a new Apple ID and follow the onscreen prompts to create a new Apple ID account.
- When prompted, tap Merge to allow iCloud to merge contacts, calendars and Safari data on your iPhone.
- If your iPhone is already signed into an Apple ID account, you can skip to the next step.
- If prompted with the Wi-Fi Calling for other Devices message, tap OK.
- On the iCloud screen, scroll to and tap Backup.
- By default, iCloud Backup is enabled to help back up your personal information when your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- To create a new back up of your iPhone, tap the option to Back Up Now.
- Wait for iCloud set up to complete and your iPhone is backed up.
More Helpful Tips on iCloud
- In order to set up up iCloud on your iPhone, you will need your Apple ID. In case you still don’t have it, you can create one while signing in on an iOS device or a Mac computer.
- Be sure to use the same Apple ID for iCloud on your devices and on iCloud.com.
- An Internet connection is required for you to use iCloud.
- iCloud features may vary by area.
And that covers everything on this content. Please keep posted for more relevant posts to be added soon in our iPhone 7 Plus Tutorial page.
Engage with Us
Visit our dedicated tutorial page to view other tutorial topics including how-to guides and FAQs. You can also reach us through this form, should you be interested in getting help from our support team in dealing with certain issues or troubles while using your new iPhone. Just be sure to provide us with all necessary details of the problem you may have in order for us to be able to serve you better.
Voicemail Is Working!
Voicemail is working again on your iPhone 7 Plus and now you can listen to messages from calls you may have missed. It's frustrating when an iPhone 7 Plus won't play voicemail, so share this article on social media so your friends and family will know how to deal with this problem too. Thanks for reading!
Activation Step to Set up Voicemail on iPhone 6 Verizon and iPhone X/ 8 Plus/ 7 Plus/ 6S Plus/ SE/ 5S
Step 1. Form your iPhone home screen navigate Phone then
Step 2. Tap on Voicemail
Step 3. Tap Set Up Now.
Step 4. Now Enter the Password then Tap Done
- Remember – Enter password must be between 4 to 6 digits in length
Step 5. Re-Enter the password again then Tap Done.
Step 6. Tap Custom to record a greeting.
- Would you want to use default Verizon greetings then tap (check) Defaults?
Step 7. Tap Record to begin.
Step 8. When finished all things, tap Stop.
Step 9. Tap Save.
That’s it. Hope, voicemail set up on your new iPhone 6 will be activated successfully. Now, do start to Send Voicemail using Verizon carrier of your iPhone.
How seem this tip for Setting up Voicemail on iPhone 6 Verizon – iPhone X/ 8 Plus/ 7 Plus/ 6S Plus/ SE/ 5S. Share your feedback in the comment box; we’ll keen to read your response.