By: Daily Tech Posts Editorial Team Updated: June 25, 2018 8:00 am
Rotating your PC’s display allows you to view your monitor in landscape, portrait, or flip it upside down.
The process is always straightforward; however, “How do I rotate my computer screen?” is a common problem that most people have.
Several ways can be used to rotate your computer’s screen. Ranging from using built-in display settings, keyboard shortcuts and using graphics cards. In this article, we outline all the options to help you flip your computer screen.
Method 1: Using Keyboard Shortcut
If you are wondering how do I rotate my computer screen using a keyboard shortcut, here are some easy steps that can help you.
Note that the process depends on the software and hardware configuration of your PC. Graphics software like AMD and NVidia allow you to create hotkeys to rotate your screen through different angles.
Steps to follow:
- Log-in to your computer if you are not currently logged in.
- Press and hold Ctrl +Alt keys while at the same time pressing Up arrow.
Note: You can press Crtl+Alt Keys with a combination of Right, Left, or Down keys to rotate your screen in different directions. After the process, you can flip your screen back to normal through Crtl+Alt+ Up Arrow.
Method 2: How to Rotate Screen Using windows Display Settings
The easiest way to rotate your screen in windows is to through the display settings.
You can swap between landscape and portrait by clicking on the orientation drop-down menu and select the style you want.
Steps to follow:
- Right-click on your desktop screen and select Display Settings (for Windows 10) or Screen Resolution for Windows 7 & 8.
- Select either Landscape or Portrait from the Orientation Menu.
- Click Ok or Apply.
- Select Keep changes when prompted.
Method 3: How to Rotate Screen 90 degrees Using Graphics Option
This one is a pretty simple method to rotate the screen, depending on the graphics card or graphics drivers installed on your computer. The most common graphics drivers include Intel, NVidia, and AMD graphics.
Here’s how to rotate your monitor screen with the help of graphics software.
1. Intel Graphics
If your PC is equipped with Intel graphics chip, follow these steps:
- Right-click on your PC desktop screen.
- Select Rotation and select Rotate to 90 deg
2. NVidia Graphics
If you’re using NVidia graphics on your computer, you can rotate your screen by:
- Right-clicking on the desktop.
- Then select the option “Display” instead of Screen Resolution.
- From the left-hand menu, click on Rotate Display, then select from portrait flipped, landscape, portrait or landscape flipped.
3. AMD Graphics
For AMD graphics card, follow the below steps to set up the hotkeys for rotating your screen.
- On your PC, right-click on the desktop and select Catalyst Control Center.
- Click on Preferences and then select Hotkeys
- Next, from the drop-down menu, choose Display Manager, and then select a set of combination keys you want to use for different rotation purposes.
- Be sure to check the checkboxes to enable your new hotkeys.