If you have been ignoring your system and been saying to yourself “I will do it eventually,” then this guide is the fire under your ass to get it done.
Has your Xbox One or Xbox 360 been collecting dust because it has been running into issues that require troubleshooting? Maybe you have been planning on selling one or the other, and you are looking to remove all of your data from the system. It’s the holiday season, and this is the perfect time to sell your system to a customer in demand. You enjoy the cash while they get a great system. It’s a win/win scenario.
Read More: How to get free Xbox Live in 3 simple steps
Warning: As simple as these steps are, these measures are to reset your console, not to restart or refresh it. These steps will act to erase all data on the system and reset it to factory defaults. If you are looking for troubleshooting guides or how-to’s, this isn’t the guide for you. Stop while you are ahead before you give yourself one big console induced headache.
How to reset your Xbox 360
- Go over to Settings on your home screen.
- Select System > Console Settings.
- Scroll down to System Info and select.
- Write down the Console Serial Number that is shown. You will need that again.
- Go back to your System Settings > Storage.
- Select your Hard Drive that has your storage you want to delete.
- Select Format. Confirm the deletion. You will then need to enter the console serial number you wrote down before.
- Once the serial is confirmed, your Xbox will begin the reset operation.
How to reset your Xbox One
- Go to the Home menu > Settings.
- Select All Settings > System.
- Select Console info & updates > Reset console.
- You will see two options: Either Reset and remove everything or Reset and keep my games and apps. Select what you see fit, but to completely wipe the system, then select Reset and remove everything.
- Confirm your choice, and your Xbox will begin the reset operation.
Read More: This is probably why your Xbox One keeps turning on by itself
If you have been ignoring your system and been saying to yourself “I will do it eventually,” then this guide is the fire under your ass to get it done. You can use that extra money to get somebody in your life something special, or you can use the cash towards a new game or controller. I won’t judge, either way, just get it done.
GameTechieHow ToMicrosoftXbox 360Xbox One
Save money by NOT buying a 4K camera.
Are you trying to improve the quality of one of your images? Is it…
Are you frustrated by the fact that your iPhone fails to turn on? Well,…
Sometimes you don't want people to know you're online.
You can erase your YouTube history in just a few steps.
Here are three things to look out for.
Become an Evernote power user with these four tips.