Hickeys or love bites are purplish bluish marks that occur when lovers nibble or bite down on the skin in heat of passion. It might feel good at the time, but a hickey can be embarrassing and can even be an eyesore if it is on the neck or other prominent areas of the body. Today we will study some easy ways to hide a hickey.
Many carrier and essential oils can remove the hickey in seconds. So rub some diluted Lavender, Peppermint or Tea tree oil on the lovebite. Cover it up with a bandage. Repeat application after 2 hours and continue to apply the oil until the lovebite has disappeared. You can also use coconut oil, sesame oil, jojoba oil or olive oil to lighten the hickey. Bio-Oil® or other scar fading products can also do wonders.
Foundation creams and powder makeup are one of the easiest ways to hide a hickey. Choose a produce closest in color to your skin tone. Apply it liberally on the hickey. Choose a waterproof product that lasts all day.
14. Rub a banana peel on hickey
Use the inside of a ripe banana peel to rub the lovebite and get rid of it within seconds. If the mark does not fade, repeat several more times every few hours. Banana peels have special enzymes and compounds that lighten the skin and fade marks, blemishes and bruises.
18. Tea bag remedy
Brew a tea bag and apply it on the hickey. Press gently. The flavonoids in tea lighten the skin tone, restore blood circulation and fade the hickey in few seconds.
Try these 18 easy ways to hide hickeys and make lovebites disappear overnight!
If these tips made your life a little easier, please share your experience in the comments.
How long do Hickeys Last?
If you have a hickey, the first question that comes to mind is, “How long does a hickey last?” A hickey is not a permanent mark. It fades with time and does not leave any scar behind. If untreated, hickeys typically last about 5 to 12 days. However, hickeys may linger for some time because of:
- Harshness- some hickeys are more severe than others are and take a longer time to heal. The amount of damage done to the blood vessels in the skin will affect the time it takes for the hickey to fade away.
- Personal Health- your personal health also affects how long you will have to live with a hickey. The healthier you are, the faster the hickey will fade.
How to Give a Hickey?
Having been a victim of a hickey, you may be seeking payback. Make sure your partner actually wants one before giving him or her a hickey. However, if you want to give your partner a hickey for another reason, here is how to give someone a hickey.
1. Know the Why
Before you give someone a hickey, try to understand why you are doing it. Hickeys are a primitive way of “marking territory” and they symbolize love and trust between people. You do not give your partner a hickey just because you know how to give a hickey; a hickey is a lot more than just a bruise.
Giving someone a hickey can cause them pain, and some people do not believe in them. They do not see how causing a loved one pain can be a symbol of love.
2. Be considerate
Try to find out what your partner’s feelings about hickeys are. Some people do not like hickeys or see them as an inconvenience. Others treasure them and see them as a mark of affection. Knowing how your partner feels about having a hickey will help you decide whether to proceed. It might also prevent any problems giving a hickey might cause.
3. How do you give a Hickey?
There are several ways to give a hickey. You can do it by sucking, kissing aggressively or biting the tender flesh found on the neck, the crook of the elbow or the inner thigh. If you want the hickey to be seen, the neck is the best choice. Sucking is the easiest way to give someone a hickey.
- To give your partner a hickey, place your mouth on their neck in a kissing shape.
- Your lips should be partially open such that they form an “O” shape. Suck the person’s skin into your mouth.
- The sucking has to be hard enough to cause the blood capillaries in the skin to rupture. You should keep the sucking up for about 30 seconds.
- If you find this to be uncomfortable, you can do it intermittently, but in the same area, about 10 seconds each time.
If you are not good at sucking, you can use your teeth to give the hickey. Nibble on your partner’s neck for some time to achieve this. However, this technique should be used as a last resort since you might end up hurting your partner. It is not too romantic either.
4. Wait for the Results
After you have finished, wait for the hickey to appear. Like most bruises, hickeys can take 5 to 10 minutes to appear. If you want to make the hickey a little darker after it has appeared, you can suck on it a little more.
In conclusion, we can learn three simple things about hickeys:
- First, a hickey is an injury. It needs to be allowed to heal. If you have a severe hickey or several hickeys that are causing you pain, you can remove them using the methods discussed.
- Second, a hickey can cause you a measure of embarrassment or discomfort. If you are not comfortable with a hickey, you can choose to conceal or remove it. You can conceal a hickey using makeup, hair or clothing.
- Finally, a hickey is a symbol of love. If your partner gave you a hickey, whether intentional or accidental, it should not be a cause of conflict between you. Giving you a hickey is a sign of how much they value you.
Check out our other HOW TO, DIY and HOME REMEDIES articles.
How to get a Hickey
What is a hickey? A hickey is also known as a love bite, kiss mark or a bug bite, it is a bruise caused by biting, aggressive kissing of the soft skin usually around the neck or on the arm, it can also be caused through sucking of the soft skin. When a person aggressively kisses your soft skin the blood capillaries are broken, letting the blood to seep out into the surrounding tissue. Initially the hickey is red in color but turns black or dark purple or brown after they heal.
Both men and women can have a hickey from their partners. A hickey is a gender exclusive thing and the fact that hickey are most common among women doesn’t mean that male cannot get them.
Many people always don’t get it right and have some sense of doubt; however what you should know is that you don’t need any kind of skill or technique for you to give a hickey. It is just a simple exercise, because it involves kissing or sucking very tightly until it leaves a mark. However you still need to follow some proven guideline of steps to make it happen in a simple manner and in the best way.
The below guidelines are the best way to follow if you want to give your girlfriend or boyfriend, whichever way a hickey.
- Ask for permission from your partner
Just like many other things, some people may avoid getting love marks even if they are willing to get, simply because they don’t want people to see their love bite, or one is still a school going person or for one reason or the other one doesn’t want to be open about his relationship. In such circumstances hickey or hickeys could be the most embarrassing or stigmatizing thing to have on your body. So make sure you don’t give your partner a hickey as a surprise thing, ask for permission first.
- Build attention by Soft play
Foreplay or soft play is usually known for sex, but the purpose of foreplay is to create attention. Before you start giving your partner a hickey, you need to have a clear way of going about it. You can begin by what your partner like most, kissing or massaging your partner, this will help build attention and make love bite more pleasurable.
After you have build attention through kissing and soft play now it is your turn to choose the place where you would like to give hickey. It could be on the thigh, lips, butt, neck or even nose. If your partner doesn’t want the hickey to be visible to other people then places like thigh or butt can be the best choice or if need be you can ask your partner for the suggestion on where to give a hickey as well.
Once you have decided on the location for the love bite. Start kissing that part slowly for few seconds and then a little harder. Just make your partner ready for this.
- Kiss aggressively, by use of your tongue
If you notice your partner is enjoying your kissing by her moaning, you should now start kissing more tightly, harder or aggressively. Use your tongue to lubricate the area. Now you need to know that while giving a hickey kiss, it is pertinent to know that your teeth are not involved and must you must also get rid of the excess spit as you should not leave a slobber on your partner’s neck.
Suck aggressively on the spot for over twenty minutes until the skin capillaries break, this will lead to appearance of the hickey mark.
Use the whole mouth to such the area instead of using your lips only. Bite a little bit if your partner is very much in agreement with it. Sack your partners for five minutes and during this process keep kissing and use your tongue to pleasure your partner. If you have kissed enough you will see the mark. If it doesn’t appear you can also bite hard too. Sometimes it may take few seconds for hickey to appear. Don’t get disappointed or embarrassed if you didn’t see any love bite, try again with more pressure. Still, you can also create a fake hickey if you want to show your friends.
How to Get Rid of Hickey
A hickey, however not very visible it is, it may be very embarrassing, but nothing to worry about in the long-term it is simply a bruise and if taken care of correctly and in timely manner using the tips enumerated below your bites will vanish in no time.
- Eat foods that are high in vitamin K.
Vitamin K is found in foods such as kales, broccoli, beans, spinach and brown rice. It helps the body absorb clots of pooled blood, including those causing your hickey. Take foods with vitamin K and your hickey will vanish off within two weeks.
If you still have a hickey after three to four days, it is helpful to bring heat into the equation to allow new blood to circulate over the area. This circulation will do away with the old blood that has made your hickey visible by bringing fresh oxygenated blood to the area.
Simply wet a washcloth with warm water before placing it on the bruised area for three minutes. Repeat the same process four times a day for two days.
- Use bristles of a toothbrush to stimulate blood circulation
Using toothbrush with super soft bristles such as oral-B ultra softer manual toothbrush helps to stimulate circulation of blood on and around the hickey area. Make sure you brush over your hickey with a little pressure, working the bristles in different directions so the clotted blood has room to spread. Repeat this process for twenty minutes. However, it is important to note that the outcome of this process depends on how dark or light the hickey looks like.
- Apply aloe Vera to speed up the healing process
Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer known for its healing and rejuvenating properties that reduce pain sensitivity. To minimize the size of your hickey use aloe Vera herbal cream or gel. Apply twice a day and let it sit for at least ten minutes before wiping it off. These will sooth off the area which then reduces any pain and lead your skin to speed up recovery.
- Use inside of a banana peel to sooth the skin surface
This sounds very strange but it does help to a great extend. The inside of a banana peel act as a cooling treatment that help to shrink the hickey. Here is how to go about it; remove the peel from a ripe banana and place the inside of the peel onto your hickey for about ten to twenty minutes. Repeat this up to three times a day. Your hickey will vanish off.
- Use the back of a cold spoon to reduce swelling
Place a spoon in your refrigerator for 15 minutes before lightly stroking it over the hickey. This technique is most effective when the hickey is still fresh. The cold will help minimize the blood seeping out of the blood capillaries into the skin. Repeat doing this five time of the day, and this will help to reduce the size of swelling on your hickey mark.
Cocoa butter is an effective healing agent for hickeys and other bruises. It promotes the growth of skin tissue and is an excellent moisturizer. If you choose to use cocoa butter to remove your hickey, always apply it after a warm compress to increase its effectiveness. Remember to massage the area after application of cocoa butter.
Massaging the hickey scatters the clotted blood and reduces its color. You can for this purpose use any essential oil like cinnamon cream. Massage the hickey gently by placing two fingers over the affected area and rub them in a circular motion in one direction. After three minutes change the direction of the motion and continue rubbing, this time round make sure you are rubbing the hickey firmly. However, it is important to note that the effectiveness of massage in getting rid of a hickey depends on how severe the hickey is.
Oranges are a good source of vitamin C, which is vital for the healing of bruises. The vitamin also has bleaching properties that can help clear hickeys as soon as possible.
Drink fresh juice as soon as possible you notice a hickey. It helps to a greater extend in the healing process. You can also prepare and apply an orange pack directly on to the affected area. If well timed, the orange can help you remove a hickey quickly.
How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds
- Rubbing hickey with alcohol
Rubbing alcohol on the hickey while it is still fresh is believed to be the fastest way to get rid of a hickey. Alcohol has a cooling, soothing and disinfectants properties that help to get rid of hickey quickly.
Apply rubbing alcohol to the hickey using a ball of cotton. Gently massage the area for several minutes to help minimize any discomfort. Once you are done, make sure that you apply moisturizing oil because rubbing alcohol can dehydrate the skin.
Peppermint is spicy and potent. It has a stimulant effect that help to improve blood circulation. It also helps to a greater extend in the healing of the blood capillaries. Apply peppermint oil gently on the hickey. You might feel a tingling sensation after application, but it will fade after a few seconds.
Alternatively, you can use peppermint based toothpaste, just rub a layer of toothpaste over the hickey gently and leave it for several minutes. When the hickey stops tingling, use warm washcloth to remove the toothpaste. The use of peppermint toothpaste produces the best results if it is done as soon as possible after you got the hickey. However, it is important to note that peppermint should not be handled carefully as it can cause skin irritation.
Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer well known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing qualities. It reduces skin sensitivity in the affected area and speed up the healing of the broken capillaries.
Arnica Salve is a medically proven ointment. It reduces soreness and swelling when applied to a hickey. It also helps to repair capillaries in the skin. If you are wondering how to get rid of hickeys quickly arnica salve can do it for you.
Hot compress is the best way to get rid of hickeys that are proving stubborn and hard to deal with. To use this method, saturate a washcloth in hot water. Wring the cloth out properly and place it on the affected area for a few minutes. Reheat the cloth if necessary.
The heat from the cloth helps to dilate blood capillaries and make way for fresh new blood to circulate to the hickey and clear up the mess.
In place of a washcloth, you can use a reusable heat patch. They are easy to use, cheap and stay hot for longer. You can get one at your local pharmacy. Alternatively use your hair dryer to heat the area while you massage it with your fingers.
Parsley is a herb that is usually added to vegetables as salad. This herb facilitates re-absorption of blood to the damaged blood capillaries in the inflamed hickey wound. This reduces the healing time of the hickey.
How to Hide a Hickey
Here are some simple ways, on how to hide your hickey from your parents, friends, colleagues, anyone who might pass you on the street, or anyone at a social gathering.
- Hide the hickey with the right shirt. Wearing a turtleneck long-sleeved shirt or a turtleneck sweater to hide your hickey may be the simplest way to hide your hickey.
- Wear a top that draws away attention from your neck. A shirt or top that has a funny logo, or with stripes, or unusual zipper can do well in this regard and for women avoid wearing jewelry that draws attention to your neck.
- Hide the hickey with the right accessory such as scarf and make sure you are doing so during the right season.
- If you are tired with the hickey, drape a sweater across your shoulders.
- If you are a long-haired lady or man, covering your hickey with your hair is the best thing to do.
- You can also stick a bandage over the hickey and make up a story.
- Hiding the hickey with make-up is also another best option.
- Brush the hickey and surrounding area with a stiff-bristled toothbrush.
- Apply cold ice to your hickey in any form this will help reduce the swelling.
- Apply a weak purple iodine solution to the hickey.
How to Get Rid of Love Bites Overnight
This is the most painful method used to remove hickeys but it can produce great results, should you choose to use it. To use scraping, stretch the skin around your hickey until it is flat. You can do this by pulling the skin away from the hickey on opposite ends. Once this is done, scrape the skin using the edge of a large coin, do it in circular motion spreading it in one direction.
This method requires that you scrap the skin as hard as possible, but not so much as to break the skin or hurt yourself. Scraping pushes out clotted blood out of the skin surface. After scraping your skin may be a little tender and reddened, but the redness goes away a lot faster than the hickey.
Alcohol has disinfectant and soothing properties that help to get rid of hickey quickly. By use of cotton ball, apply on raw or fresh hickey, rub the area with alcohol or spirit for a few minutes and then apply a moistening essential oil. After a few hours you will discover that the hickey starts to fade away.
Olive oil is an effective healing agent for hickeys and other bruises. It promotes the growth of skin tissue and is an excellent moisturizer. If you choose to use olive oil to remove your hickey, always apply it after a warm compress to increase its effectiveness. Remember to massage the area after application of olive oil.
Take a tender toothbrush or hairbrush with stiff bristles and gently brush over the hickey in a circular motion. This helps to speed up blood circulation and hence making the hickey to fade away. The redness and swelling may at first spread over the affected area but certainly die after about half an hour.
A coin may be used to give a massaging effect to the hickey. This result in dispersion of the coagulated blood under the hickey as a result the hickey fades away faster. To use a coin in getting rid of a hickey; stretch the area of the skin that is affected by the hickey, and then hold the coin at an angle. You can therefore gently scratch the affected area with the ridge of the coin outwardly and repeatedly. Continue scratching for about ten minutes.
You can use a lipstick cap or any small cylindrical object to massage your hickey out of the skin. The cylindrical object makes blood clot to scatter quickly. It also increases circulation around the hickey. This makes the hickey to disappear from your skin faster.
Soak a piece of cotton wool in the weak iodine solution and apply it on the hickey. Besides making the hickey to fade away, iodine helps to hide the hickey
There are medicines such as aspirin that can help relieve the pain of a hickey and speed up its disappearance.
This is the simplest and easiest way of getting rid of a hickey. Make a poultice of mustard. Spread it on a piece of cloth; cover the hickey with a piece of cloth such that the poultice sticks to the hickey. Mustard will help to draw the blood clot away from the hickey hence improving blood circulation in the affected area. As a result the bruises will fade and disappear. Mustard also helps to relieve swelling and pain.
What is a hickey
Hickies are skin bruises on neck, face, breast, on your back, lips and on your stomach. It is caused by biting or sucking on skin. Generally people get a hickey during love making which is why hickies are also called as Love Bite or Kiss Mark.
They appear as teeth bite marks or random red dots on neck. When your partner suck on your neck or around your breast it increases the blood flow. Such suction damages the tiny blood vessels and enters into the top layer of skin.
It is not fatal but can be embarrassing in many situations. People tend to find ways to get rid of a hickey in seconds. There are home remedies and DIY tips which help cover or remove hickies instantly. However, covering up is not the optimal solution. Consider this as skin damage and treat it like that.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey Overnight
They are embarrassing and generally causes gossips and breakups. So it is obvious that people want to know how to make a hickey go away overnight. It is a skin condition caused by clotting of blood and demages skin cells. Removing a hickey in seconds is not possible but you can hide it.
How to Hide a Hickey
Use a Scarf: Women can use a scarf to hide hickey on neck. Pick a non transparent scarf and roll it around your neck. Match the scarf with your dress to avoid much attention towards your neck.
Long Hair: If you have long hairs hide the love bites with them. Wear a hair style which covers the area without making it look suspicious. You can keep your hairs open to cover the neck and upper chest.
Diversion Dress: The way you dress is most important way to hide a hickey. You can wear high neck sweatshirts or clothes. Wear a dress which attracts attention towards other body parts such as chest/breast, legs or around your toned midriff.
How to Cover a Hickey
Makeup is the key to cover any marks on body. Women are found of makeup because it makes their skin smooth and attractive. You can cover up a hickey with makeup.
Makeup is best because you don’t have to use scarf or turtle neck to cover your neck. Women are on the safest side because makeup and women goes hand-in-hand (don’t judge).
How to use makeup to cover a hickey:
- Rinse the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Let it get dry naturally for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply yellow corrector directly on affected skin.
- Apply green corrector on outside to cancel the effects of yellow corrector.
- Pick a lighter color foundation as compared to your skin tone.
- Apply the foundation around the hickey to cover it completely.
- For added advantage you can also use concealer on top to cover the hickies effectively.
How to Give a Hickey
These kiss marks or love bites has its own nasty meanings and playfulness. People often want to know how to give a hickey to someone else. These marks are used as personal methods to claim your love territory. People often fall into trouble due to hickies. It is not gender biased any men and women can get them from their partner.
If you are trying to give someone a hickey just know that it hurts. Make sure you are confident in your partner because many people don’t believe that getting a hickey is fun. First of all be considerate that you are giving it to the right partner.
No matter how do you give a hickey to someone, just know that they are going to notice it. It is not any painless skin bruise. It will hurt them and can cause pain for some days.
What are the ways to give a hickey:
- Place your lips on the neck of your partner.
- Make sure to keep your lips apart forming an O shape.
- Gently suck on the skin making sure that your partner is comfortable.
- It will sting if the mood is not right.
- Hold the suction for a while(1-2 minutes) then release.
- You will notice red skin and formation of bruise on neck.
- It will take up-to 10-15 minutes for a hickey to show up.
- The appearance will become darker with time.
- Know that it is an injury to skin.
How to Prevent A Hickey on Neck
Are you getting frequent hickies on neck and chest or areaaround breast. Then its your fault that you are not preventing this from happeing. Generally these skin bruises are formed unknowing while making love. You should know when to stop it, to prevent a hickey.
- Don’t suck on skin for more than 20-30 seconds.
- Avoid kissing on same place repeatedly.
- Ask your partner to be gently while kissing.
- Tell your partner that you don’t want hickies.
- Avoid biting on skin.
- Don’t pull lips and skin while kissing.
- Apply lite pressure while you kiss.
Just being aware of the condition can help you avoid hickies on neck and breast. Be considerate and ask your partner about the situation.
So know you know hot to get rid of a hickey fast and how to remove a hickey. These remedies are effective and many people around the world uses them. It help increase blood circulation and treat bruises fast. It also help reduce inflammation and pain caused due to a hickey.
How to hide a Hickey, with Makeup & for Guys
Procedure to hide hickeys with makeup
The most common way of hiding hickeys is by use of makeup. Most hickeys appear to have a purple color. This means you must choose another color whose blend will camouflage the purple color of the hickey. Research shows that green color of makeup is what you need for concealing your hickey.
For instance, you can try Maybelline Cover Stick Corrector or a concealer in green. As well, Physician Formula Concealer Twins Corrector and Cover Cream Corrector in Green may work for you.
- Pat over the corrector with chosen concealer. The concealer should be is a shade lighter than your skin color.
- Making a thin layer of the products, blend them then apply them evenly on the hickey. You could use a concealer brush or foundation.
- As a finish touch, apply a light dusting powder.
- As the hickey heals, you may notice a green color appearance or even a sudden yellow color. In that case, you will have to camouflage this by a applying a pink concealer. For instance, you could opt to use Marc Jacobs Remedy Concealer.
The bottom line is, you must know what color of makeup to use to counterbalance the color of the hickey. A beauty specialist would guide you on the same.
Jennifer Trotter, an artist and owner of Lip Service Make Up suggests alternative colors to conceal your make up. For example, she advises that if your hickey is red, green make up will do while if it is green, you should try a yellow concealer.
Trotter emphasizes on the need to understand the color of your neck compared to your face. The neck may be slighter darker or lighter than your face. This is important at the end of the procedure when you are blending the edges of the hickey.
How to hide a hickey without makeup fast for guys
Men will most likely shy off from using make up to conceal the hickey. There are other options that are favorable for use by men and they include the following;
Wear the right shirt or sweater
If the hickey is on the neck, you can hide it by wearing shirts with collars that cover the neck. For instance, for a few days before the kiss mark goes away, you may consider wearing a long sleeved shirt that has a turtle neck.
The shirt should have something that draws people’s attention away from the neck regions, for example, a shirt with a funny logo on it.
Use a scarf
Provided it is in the right reason, you can cover the hickey if it is on your neck using a scarf. People may not easily notice why you have the scarf on if it is in winter since anyway, everyone will be trying to cover themselves from the cold.
Rub the hickey using a coin, a toothbrush, or a comb
You can hide the appearance of the hickey by rubbing the hickey hard but carefully. This disperses the blood underneath the skin which is what gives the hickey its color.
Other ways to conceal or cover love bites
There are many ways that you can use to hide the kiss mark. Nevertheless, most of them tend to favor the females. These methods include the following;
It is in the nature of women to wear jewelry. You can use your necklace if the hickey is on the neck to hide it. Choose a necklace that is designed well enough to cover the hickey surface. All the same, ensure the necklace sticks to your taste of necklaces otherwise your friends will notice the sudden change in taste.
Use your hair
This is still an option for most girls since very few men leave their hair to grow long enough to hide hickeys, say, on their neck. If you have long hair, style it in a way that it conceals the hickey. For men, if the hickey is around the bearded area, then you can just allow your beard to grow and hide the hickey.
How to get rid of a hickey with a coin/penny
A coin is classified as one of the quickest remedies of hickeys since it works by making the hickey look like a scrape instead of a kiss mark. This is way, you conceal the hickey and no one can really tell that you were given a love bite.
- Stretch out the area with the hickey by probably holding it out
- To distort the hickey mark, scrape outwards using a large penny or coin
- Your aim is to spread the blood clot outwards until it appears like a scrape mark and not a kiss mark. This will work very well with guys since it is okay for other people out there to notice a scrape mark on your body.
Remember not to use the coin method on areas such as the lips or the area around the mouth. You must also ensure the coin you use is sterilized and will not leave you prone to any infections.
How to get rid of a hickey with a spoon
A hickey forms when an area of your body has been sucked to a point of some capillaries breaking. This causes formation of something that looks like a blood clot. We can actually refer to a hickey as a minor blood clot.
A cold spoon will get rid of the hickey overnight since it works by spreading the ‘minor clot’. Remember, it is the blood that has collected in this particular area that gives the hickey its appearance.
More precisely, the cold spoon reduces the bleeding by the capillaries that were broken during the sucking. It does these by constricting the capillaries.
- Freeze a steel spoon by placing it in the fridge for about ten minutes. Simply, just make the spoon cold enough.
- Place the cold spoon on the location of the hickey. Massage the hickey with the spoon gently for roughly two minutes.
- Should the spoon warm up, place it back in the fridge. Repeat this procedure severally, that is about four times keeping the spoon as cold as possible
Toothpaste on hickeys-Does it work?
Tooth paste works very well in getting rid of hickeys. The sooner you apply the toothpaste after getting the kiss mark, the faster it works. Toothpaste that is peppermint based is the best for hickeys. Peppermint works by stimulating blood circulation. Apart from that, the toothpaste containing peppermint helps heal the broken capillaries.
- Gently, apply the toothpaste on the hickey using your fingers.
- Leave the toothpaste on the hickey for about ten to fifteen minutes
- You will experience a level of tingling which goes away after a short while. When the tingling goes away, remove the toothpaste using a washcloth dipped in warm water.
- Repeat this procedure if need be on the following day. You are warned against using the toothpaste more than once in a day as it is likely to cause skin irritation.
Among the fastest healing remedies of hickeys is parsley. This is because parsley has very strong anti-inflammatory properties. WH Foods explain further that parsley is very rich in vitamin C. Powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that come with the Vitamin C explain the parsley’s ability to do away with hickeys overnight.
- Crush fresh parsley leaves in a bowl
- Apply the crushed leaves on the location of the hickey
- Leave the leaves already spread on the hickey for about ten minutes
- Using cold water, rinse the area carefully s
- When you wake up in the morning, the kiss mark will have faded away
Top Home Remedies state that rubbing alcohol helps you get rid of kiss marks in a single night by offering both soothing and cooling effects.
- Deep a cotton ball into rubbing alcohol to dampen it
- Dad the cotton ball on whichever area you got a hickey
- For about three minutes, rub the area gently using the cotton ball
- In the end, apply your preferable moisturizer so that it counters the drying effects that come with rubbing alcohol.
- Repeat the procedure at least three times so that you can get rid of the hickey overnight
Use a banana peel
Just like rubbing alcohol, a banana peel gets rid of hickey overnight by offering soothing and cooling effect. That aside, the potassium contained in the banana peel contributes as well to the disappearance of the kiss mark.
- Take a ripe banana and peel it then keep its peels safely aside. Remember you are only interested in the peels and not the banana itself
- Depending on the size of the hickey, cut the banana peel into pieces
- If you wish to increase the coolness of the banana peel, place them in a fridge for a few minutes. Remember, the more cold the peels are, the more effective they become
- Ensuring the inner side of the banana peel gets into contact with the hickey; place the peels on the hickey for about twenty minutes.
- For the peel to work over night, repeat the procedure for about three times.
Use a toothbrush or a comb
You can use this method to get rid of a hickey on the neck. Since the lip area is extremely delicate, you should not use this method as it may cause more harm.
Brushing or combing the hickey around the neck facilitates flow of blood around the region. Proper flow of blood ensures supply of nutrients to the hickey location and this makes the healing procedure fast.
- Take a toothbrush that has strong bristles
- Brush the kiss mark ensuring you apply some reasonable level of pressure. However, be careful not to apply extreme levels of pressure as that would cause damage to your skin.
- If you do this before going to bed, you will wake up to find that the hickey disappeared.
Some people claim that they do not use chapsticks to get rid of hickeys since they cause pain. However, this is because, they do not know how to use the Chapstick correctly.
It is a very effective method which works through stimulation of blood flow in the hickey location hence breaking the blood clot.
- You are required to place the chapstick on the hickey
- You are then required to press it down for as long as you do not hurt yourself
- Twisting the chapstick in one direction, hold it in that position for about five minutes
Cold compress is one of the trusted ways that effectively help you get rid of hickeys. Ice when placed on the hickey stops the blood flow after the breakage of the capillaries that happens when you receive a hickey. It does so by constricting the capillaries.
- Place some ice cubes on a towel then press them against the hickey for about fifteen minutes (never place ice directly on the skin as it may cause ice burns). Remember to do it gently; you should only do alight pressing.
- Do this several times in a day and the inflammation and pain, if any, will go away in a day. In the end, the kiss mark fades away.
You can also opt to use creams for removal of hickeys. You are advised to opt for creams if you try other methods and they do not work for you.
The creams that are used for hickeys work by moisturizing and offering other properties such as anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Most creams work by making the healing process fast. The most commonly used cream is Aloe Vera cream.
It has the properties mentioned above as well as general healing properties. Additionally, Aloe Vera also soothes the skin. This way, it speeds recovery process of the hickey.
More Ways to get rid of Hickey Right Away in Minutes, one hour or a Day
In addition to the remedies of hickeys discussed above, you could also try the following;
As soon as you get the hickey, start rubbing it gently with your fingers as many times as possible. If you continually do the massaging, blood flows evenly around the hickey and it ends up disappearing. You should apply a warm cloth on the hickey before begging your massage. It makes this method more effective.
This method gets rid of hickeys that persist up to the second day. You can place a hot water bottle on the hickey or simply place a warm cloth on the hickey. This disperses the blood that collects to form the hickey. The blood is then reabsorbed into the body.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast or Extremely Fast
While very few methods or cures for getting rid of hickey bruises work almost instantly, most of these methods will give you fairly good results and your hickey will be gone in a relatively short time. Home remedies and treatments include cold spoons, toothpaste, and bottle caps. Toothbrushes and combs are also used to heal love bite bruises faster or immediately.
According to the Home Remedies Organization (see sources at the end), toothpaste works as a fast remedy for hickey bites and bruises because it fades the discoloration and makes the swelling disappear faster. It is also effective in calming inflammation. But which toothpaste should you use to heal bruises fast or in a day?
A website called What Is a Hickey recommends mint toothpaste and lotions that contain peppermint because they help increase the circulation of blood that will treat the hickey fast. Here’s how to use toothpaste on a hickey bruise.
Toothpaste that has mint can help soothe hickey bruises fast
- Take a small amount of mint toothpaste or peppermint oil or lotion.
- Apply to the area with a hickey or love bite mark – lips, neck, around mouth and chest.
- There should be a tingling feeling on the skin. Allow it to sit for some time until the tingling subsides.
- Wash off the toothpaste after with a towel dampened with warm water.
If you want to get rid of hickeys fast in a day or just 24 hours, you might need to repeat these steps a few times in the same day. However, be careful because overdoing it will cause irritation on the skin, which might be bad especially if you have a soft and sensitive skin.
2. Use parsley to get rid of hickeys in a day, 24 hours or by tomorrow
Pressure bruises are worse because of the inflammation that they cause on the skin. Parsley is known to be one of the best remedies for hickeys because of its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. According to WH Foods, parsley contains a concentration of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, which makes it capable of getting rid of hickeys in a day. After applying parsley leaves on your skin, face, lip or mouth area, the bruise will be gone a day after or by tomorrow. Here’s how to use it.
- Take fresh parsley leaves and crush them in a bowl.
- Apply and spread the crushed leaves over the area that is affected and leave it on for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
Some people claim that this parsley hickey remedy is quick enough that it gets rid of deep hickeys or the dark blue marks within hours.
3. How to get rid of a hickey quickly with a spoon
Why cold spoons? And how do they heal hickeys that fast? From the understanding of what these bruises are, a simple remedy such as cold compress or warm compress can be applied. Hickeys are a type of minor blood clot or minor internal bleeding.
Hickeys on the face can be removed with a cold spoon compress. Image source – Whatisahickey.com
In order to remove a love bite quick or almost instantly, the best way is to break down the clot and allow blood to flow in the area affected. Cold spoon remedy is one of the best ways to break apart the clot and “reduce the bleeding in the ruptured capillaries by constricting them.” [Source – How Hunter]
- Put a stainless steel spoon in a fridge for 10 minutes to freeze it or make it cold enough.
- Place the spoon onto the hickey on the face, neck, lip or breast area and gently massage the area for about two minutes.
- If the spoon warms up, put it in the fridge again and repeat the procedure three to four times in order to quickly get rid of hickeys on the face, forehead or wherever it is.
4. Can a coin get rid of hickeys instantly?
Another instant method of removing hickeys is using a coin. It has been touted to be one of the quickest ways to clear bruises. What a coin does is that it will make the hickey mark look like a scrape and not a kissing mark. This is a great method to clear hickeys instantly before work.
Since using a penny for hickeys is not a treatment or way of healing the bad bruise, it is more of a concealing method or if you like, one of the best ways to hide hickeys in minutes. Here’s how to use a coin for this.
- Hold and stretch the area affected so that the skin is well stretched out.
- Using a large coin or penny, scrape outwards to distort the hickey mark.
- Spread the deep blood clot outwards so that it ends up looking like a scrape mark and not a kissing lips mark.
Note, this may be the right way to hide hickeys but only on some areas of the skin. Do not use a coin on your lips or around the mouth. Also, make sure the coin is clean or sterilized to avoid getting a skin infection from it.
How to get rid of a hickey overnight
Overnight remedies hickey bruises include some natural treatments and homemade cures such as rubbing alcohol, aloe vera treatment, vitamin K and warm compress. If you have a fresh hickey that has been there for just a few hours and you want to remove it overnight, here are 3 fastest ways to get rid of it.
Use rubbing alcohol
According to Top Home Remedies, this remedy can remove bruises in a matter of 24 hours. Rubbing alcohol is known to have not only soothing and cooling but also disinfecting properties. So, how do you use rubbing alcohol to heal a hickey fast?
- Dampen a cotton ball using rubbing alcohol.
- Dab it on the neck, forehead, lips or mouth area with the hickey.
- Massage the area gently using the cotton ball for a few minutes.
- Apply a good moisturizer on your skin to cancel the drying effect of rubbing alcohol.
You can use this treatment two or three times a day in order to get rid of the hickey overnight or within 24 hours.
A banana peel natural remedy for hickey bruises
To minimize the appearance of hickeys on your skin, take advantage of the cooling and soothing properties of bananas. When the bruise is broken down due to the cooling effect of the peels and the potassium effect, the hickey marks will disappear fast or within a day.
- Get a ripe banana and peel it to get the peels.
- Cut the peels to a good size as you see comfortable to apply on the hickey.
- You may put the peels in a refrigerator to cool them. This is optional though.
- Place the banana peels on the bruise for about 20 minutes, making sure the inside of the peel gets in contact with the bruise.
- Repeat this procedure two or three times in order to heal the hickey overnight.
Use a bottle cap to get rid of a hickey easily on forehead, face, neck, chin, chest, and cheek
Hickey bite marks on the forehead, on the face, neck, and chin are common. While healing it will be the ultimate goal, you may want to just distort the whole scar in a few minutes or within the hour. Bottle caps work almost like coins. If you do not have a bottle cap, you can use a chapstick cap or a lipstick cap.
Cold spoon compresses get rid of bruises fast
- Ensure you have a small cylindrical cap for this method. A lipstick cap or chapstick cap can also do if you do not have a bottle top or cap.
- Place it right on the bruised area on the face, neck, cheek or chest.
- Put pressure on the cap by pressing down into the skin.
- As you apply the pressure, twist the cap so that the skin also twists with it.
- Keep the twisted cap (with skin) in position for a few seconds before releasing.
- Repeat just a few times within fifteen minutes to get rid of a hickey fast.
Note that while the pressure is necessary, ensure you do not overdo it because you can easily worsen the bruise.
Combing or brushing gently on and around hickeys gets rid of them because it helps stimulate blood flow around it. As the blood flows, it restores nutrient supply to the area making it heal faster. Within a night, the hickey will have gone. Here’s how to use a brush to get rid of a hickey right away or ASAP.
- Obtain a toothbrush that has strong bristles.
- Brush the hickey on the skin with it making sure you apply some pressure. Do not overdo the pressure as it will break your skin and cause bleeding.
- Do it the right way and the hickey will be gone in a few hours.