GIF’s are a great way to communicate on social media apart from Photos and videos. At times, GIF’s are better than videos to get your message through or engage your friends/followers. GIF(Graphics Interchange Format) is a set of multiple images in one file making it animated. In the past, we shared how you can share GIF on WhatsApp and post GIF on Instagram. And in this tutorial, we will let you know how to upload or post GIF on Facebook, the social media giant.
If you are here reading this then it is safe to assume that you tried to upload GIF on Facebook like you upload a photo/video. Yikes, after hitting that Post button you see that your GIF is not animated and sits there as a normal image. Well, it is because Facebook doesn’t allow or supports uploading GIF directly. But you can use the method mentioned below to share GIF on Facebook.
How to post GIF on your timeline on Facebook Android?
- Go to Giphy and hit upload (No logins needed!)
- Select your Gif or video from your device
- Add description
- Once giphy stops processing, grab the URL of your new Gif from the browser
- Go to your Facebook App
- Start writing your post
- Paste the gif URL (tab & hold) – Don’t worry about the ugly link, it won’t show up when the post goes to your timeline.
- Write description
- Hit “post”, and now you are entertaining you friends with a gif loop.
Here us a video showing the same steps:
Steps to Post a GIF on Facebook
- Upload your own GIF file to one of above website or find a GIF from the GIPHY or any other image sharing website.
- Right-Click on the image and copy its Image URL.
- Now Go to the Facebook website.
- Paste GIF Image URL on the status updates field.
- Once you paste the GIF picture URL, wait a while, your GIF Image will appear.
- Then, remove GIF image URL or leave it there, and Click on the post button.
That’s it. Now your GIF image will be shared on Facebook as your status update.
How to add GIF to Facebook from Mobile (Android/iPhone)
- Choose an animated GIF from the image sharing websites or upload your GIF picture from mobile to an image hosting website.
- Once you uploaded it, tap and hold on the image and open it from a new tab.
- Copy Image URL from the address bar.
- Open the Facebook app on your phone, and paste the copied link on the Facebook status update section.
- Your GIF will appear on Status update section, remove GIF picture link from status update section or keep it there if you prefer.
- Finally, tap on the post button.
Now you are successfully posted your GIF on Facebook from your Mobile phone.
How to post an animated GIF comment on Facebook
It is also simple, you need to upload your GIF image to a free image hosting website if you wish to share your own animated GIF as a comment. Otherwise, you just need to copy the URL of the GIF image if you prefer to post an already hosted GIF as a comment so that First, get the URL of the GIF, and paste it into the comment box in where you want to post a comment with an animated GIF image.
Also Learn: How to Find GIFs on Google
I assume that after reading above guide, you would be able to post a gif on Facebook using your Mobile or PC. As I mentioned above, you can’t directly upload a GIF to Facebook instead you should host your GIF image on the free image hosting website such as GIPHY, Imgur, Tumblr, etc. After that, you can easily post your own GIF on Facebook as a status update or a comment. Hope this article will be useful for those who wish to post a Gif on Facebook. And if you have any queries related to this article, then leave a comment below.