If you own an Xbox One gaming console and wanted to play Xbox 360 titles on it, Microsoft is granting your wish. At gaming conference E3, Xbox chief Phil Spencer announced that backwards compatibility is coming to the current-gen console.
At the event, the company demonstrated Mass Effect by Mike Ybarra, one of the most popular Xbox 360 titles, on the Xbox One console. The company notes that it is bringing “native” support for the old titles on the Xbox One. It will be bringing more than 100 such titles including Gears of War, Super Meat Boy, Halo Reach, Halo 3, and Borderlands, this holiday.
All your previously purchased Xbox 360 titles will appear on your Xbox One dashboard automatically. And don’t worry, the company won’t be charging you for titles you already own. Furthermore, you will be able to make use of modern gaming features like the ability to take screenshots as well as game DVR features.
If you’re signed up in the Xbox preview program, you will be able to try select titles starting today. As for game developers, you guys need to approve of titles you want to port natively to Xbox One, and the company will make it happen.
How to Play Xbox 360 Games On Xbox One [Step by Step]
Let’s follow the guide to Play Xbox 360 Games On Xbox One.
- First of all, you need to check out the comprehensive list of compatible titles that are supported or not on the official Xbox site. You’ll find a list of Xbox 360 games that can be played on Xbox One.
- Now go and turn on the Xbox One and navigate to the “My Games” section of your home screen.
- And Scroll all the way to the right, where you’ll find the “Ready to Install” section. You’ll find that your 360 games are accessible there for download if they are compatible with Xbox One.
- Select the game and confirm that you want it to be installed on your Xbox One. You’ll then be able to select it from your list of playable games.
If you have a disc-based Xbox 360 game then you can follow the below steps:
- First Turn on Xbox One.
- And Insert the 360 game discs into the console.
- After that, it will see a message that indicates that the game is downloading to your hard drive.
- Now, wait for it to finish downloading, which will depend on the size of the game.
- Once the game has finished downloading, you will be able to play it.
Here’s you can find the list of backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on the Xbox website.
The list of backwards compatible Xbox 360 games are daily updated, so check the list time to time if there are games you would like to add to your collection.
Hope you like this post and very helpful for you, Xbox one is a fantastic console for all if you tried to play Xbox 360 games, so it’s too enjoyable.
Want to play newer games? Check out our guide How to Play Xbox one Games on PC