Guide PS4 PS4 Controllers
Don’t know how to sync PS4 controller? Keep on reading because we have the solution. Whether you bought a new PS4 controller or it’s the first time you’ve used one, this guide is for you. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make your PS4 controller work.
New PS4 Controller vs Original DualShock 4
Get to Know Your PS4 Controller
If you buy a standard PS4, you will automatically get one controller with the console. However, you can look for PS4 bundle deals out there which have an additional controller. It means you’ll get a good discount rather than buying the PS4 and another controller separately. Here is the specification of the PS4 controller so you can understand how it works better:
|Product name||Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4)|
|Keys / Switches||PS button, SHARE button, OPTIONS button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Left/Right), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), R1/L1/R2/L2 buttons, Left stick / L3 button, Right stick / R3 button, Touch Pad Button|
|Touch Pad||2 Point Touch Pad, Click Mechanism, Capacitive Type|
|Motion Sensor||Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)|
|Other Features||Light Bar, Vibration, Built-in Mono Speaker|
|Ports||USB (Micro B), Extension Port, Stereo Headset Jack|
|Communication Specifications||Bluetooth® v2.1+EDR USB HID Class, USB Audio Class|
|Battery||Built-in Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery
How to Sync PS4 Controller Wirelessly
- First go to PS4 dashboard.
- Second, go to Settings, Devices, Bluetooth Devices (using another controller or a media remote for your PS4).
- Then, press the SHARE and PS button of the controller you want to sync. Press and hold them down for about 5 seconds.
- At this point, PS4 controller will show up in the Bluetooth Devices screen, select it.
- Finally, test if the controller already works.
How to Sync PS4 Controller via USB Cable
- The USB cable is included in a standard PS4 package. In case you lose it, you can buy it from official Sony retail stores.
- First, turn on your PS4 console.
- Second, insert the micro connector of your USB cable to PS4’s mini USB port found at its back.
- Then, insert the other end of the USB cable to console’s USB port.
- Finally, press the PS button on PS4 controller.
If you’re still having issues, you can reset the controller using a paper clip or something similar. After that you should find that pairing the Dualschock 4 controller is much easier.
If you’re still having problems, find out how to fix your PS4 controller synching issues. Check out these other guides:
The Batman Arkham Collection is now available on the PlayStation Store. It contains Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Arkham Knight.
After weeks of waiting, DONTNOD Entertainment has finally provided fans with a Life is Strange 2 Episode 2 release date. Unfortunately, it’s still a fair ways off.
New Dragon Age information is scheduled to be announced by the end of the year.
Here’s how to use a PS4 controller on PS3
There are a lot of great controllers that work with the PS4. But no matter what, the DualShock 4 is one of the best controllers this generation without a doubt. So it’s no surprise that a lot of PS3 owners want to use the DualShock 4 to play their games.
First thing you’re going to want to know is that there are some sacrifices to be made in using your PS4 controller on you PS3. Because the connection is made using Bluetooth, you will not get access to the SixAxis or rumble features of the DualShock 4 controller. If these things matter to you a lot then you might be better off sticking with your DualShock 3 or checking out our section below on alternative PS3 controllers.
- First thing you want to do is make sure your PS3 is currently updated.
- In the PlayStation 3 setting menu go to Accessory settings and find Manage Bluetooth devices.
- You now want to Register new Device.
- Hold down both the Share and PS Logo buttons at the same time on your DualShock 4 until the light bar on the front flashes.
- The PlayStation 3 will find the DualShock 4 as Wireless Controller.
- Select Wireless Controller on the menu and the PS4 controller will work on PS3 for most of your games.
So after you go through all the steps above you’ll be able to use a PS4 controller on PS3 wirelessly. Remember though that the DualShock 4 will function as a generic controller. This means that some features will not work, such as Sixasis Motion and Rumble functions.
Another thing to note is that you’ll have to pair your DualShock 4 controller back to your PS4 every time you want to use it. You should also keep an extra PS3 controller handy because the PS4 controller PS button logo does not send you back to the XMB when you press it.
GameSir G3s Bluetooth Wireless Controller
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/compact_extra next=1]
Last up is one of the most popular gaming controllers out of this list. The GameSir G3s Bluetooth Wireless Controller is a multi-platform gamepad that features:
- Analogue sticks that have 360-degree positioning for ultra-accuracy
- A floating D-pad
- Individual detachable mobile brackets for smartphones
- Extremely soft touching feeling
- An ergonomic design for comfort
- Textured surface for better grip
- Buttons with built-in color LED lights
If you’re looking for a quality 3rd party PS3 controller to replace your DualShock 3 then you should definitely give this a purchase. The built-in lithium battery will last you about 18 hours in normal gaming conditions. There is even an automatic sleep mode to help save on battery power. The controller supports vibration feedback and works well with not just the PS3 but tablets and smartphones also.
Some online stores give us a small commission if you buy something through one of our links. Read our affiliate policy for more info.