The Apple Watch requires an iPhone for setup, management, and for many of its main functions. The Apple Watch and iPhone communicate mainly via Bluetooth and need to be as close as possible to pair, even though the Apple Watch can also communicate with an iPhone via Wi-Fi. However, communicating via Wi-Fi will require more power than communicating via Bluetooth, and battery runtime will be shorter. That’s why the Apple Watch uses Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi whenever possible. In fact, Bluetooth has an effective range of up to around 30 feet, depending on how many obstacles are in the way.
- 1 How to Pair the Apple Watch with an iPhone
- 2 Links
- Why not sell the devices you don’t need anymore to iGotOffer. Check out our prices. We pay the best price online for your used electronics, just drop by our page igotoffer.com Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment. Save money with us for your new model!
How to pair your new iPhone with your old Apple Watch
If you want to conserve your existing Apple Watch set up on your new iPhone, follow these steps.
1) Create a backup of your Apple Watch set up. To do so, you first have to go to the Watch app on your iPhone, then tap on your watch at the very top. Tap the ” i ” icon next to your watch, and finally, select Unpair Apple Watch.
Unpairing is the only way to create a backup of your Apple Watch. All contents and settings will then be backed up to your iPhone.
The next step is to backup your iPhone itself. You can do so either using iCloud backup, in which case, your Apple Watch backup will automatically be part of the iPhone backup.
You can also choose to do a backup of your iPhone using iTunes. If you choose that option, make sure to tick the Encrypt iPhone Backup option before backing up your iPhone.
2) Once you have unpaired your watch from your old iPhone and backed up that old iPhone, you can grab your shiny new iPhone and go through the set up process. Make sure to set it up from backup, and not as a new device. You will be offered to set up your new iPhone from the most recent backup we just did in step 1 above. Choose that back and continue on with the set up process.
3) Once your new iPhone is set up, it is now time to pair your old Apple Watch. Open up the Watch app and start the pairing process between your new iPhone and your existing Apple Watch. When the initial pairing process is completed, you will be offered to either set up your Apple Watch as new, or set it up from an existing backup. Select Restore from Backup. This will bring back all the data we backed up in Step 1 to your existing watch.
Restoring an Apple Watch is a lengthy process so you will have to be patient. After an hour or so, your Apple Watch should be all ready to go, and so should your new iPhone.
The chances are that the issue is related to your iPhone. Most of the times when we have come across Apple Watch issues, we find that they all relate to some aspects of iPhone’s erratic behavior, which usually are fixed with a few changes to settings.
One way to confirm this issue is to try and pair your Apple Watch with another iPhone. If you can do this, it confirms that your Apple Watch is working fine and the underlying issue is with your iPhone.
The pairing/re-pairing issues happen because of connection issues between the two devices. These could be related to Bluetooth or Network Settings.
Please follow each of the simple steps below and check if it addresses your pairing issue. Fully charge your Apple Watch before you attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Sometimes low power issues lead to connection issues.
Steps for Pair Airpods to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Watch, Mac
How to pair Airpods to iPhone
1: Open Airpods case near to your iPhone.
2: Tap on Connect button will appear on control center Airpods card.
They will turn on Bluetooth automatically on iPhone and deliver music to Airpods. On the same card, you can see battery level for Airpods and charge case.
To unpair: Go to the Settings App > Bluetooth > Tap on information icon > Forget This Device.
How to pair Airpods with Another iPhone
1: Open charging case in front of another new iPhone.
2: Tap the connect from control center Airpods screen card > Press and hold the button on the back of the Airpods case.
It will be connected automatically, wait for seconds.
How to pair Airpods to iPad
Your iPad can use Paired Airpods with iPhone automatically on iPhone when iPad using same apple ID. It will auto sync your Airpods with iPad.
How to pair/ unpair Airpods to Apple Watch
Your Apple Watch automatically paired once you paired with iPhone or unpaired it by released from iPhone.
How to pair/ Unpair Airpods with Mac/ Macbook
Pair with Mac: Any Mac device will pair automatically, by running on same Apple ID, iCloud automatically sync pairing.
Unpair: Press and Hold Alt key + Click on Bluetooth icon from Mac top menu bar. Find your Airpods in Devices Section > Remove.
How to pair Airpods to Apple TV
Lack of iCloud facility on Apple TV, we can connect Airpods to Apple TV using usual Bluetooth Headphone connect to Apple TV process.
Anyway if you are in a problem with Airpods not connecting on Pair Airpods to iPhone/ iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Get Troubleshooting tips. And Share your thought behind new Airpods from Apple.