All Recipes · Keto · low-carb · Quick and Easy Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Tuna salad made naturally creamy with the addition of avocado. This super easy to make salad is healthy, light and refreshing and is great for a keto or low-carb diet. If you love tuna and you love avocado then you’re going to LOVE this avocado tuna salad. Tuna salad is delicious as it is but with the addition of avocado, it’s 1000x better! The avocado adds flavor and a creamy texture to the salad and replaces mayo making this meal super healthy and nutritious.
For the tuna, you can use your favorite variety of canned tuna in oil or water. I like to use albacore or white tuna but any time of tuna or even sardines or salmon should work! To begin, Chop onion, celery, cucumber, parsley or cilantro and avocado. You can also add in tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, diced bacon, hard-boiled eggs, olives, or whatever you like. But keep in mind, the single most important ingredient is the avocado. The avocado should be soft and ripe so it can mash easily and replace the mayo. If you use an avocado that has not ripen, the tuna salad will not be creamy.
The 2nd step it to drain the can of tuna as much as you can. The more liquid you remove the better. After draining the tuna, combine it in a large bowl with chopped avocado and other add-ins and mix until the avocado is fully mixed through and partly mashed.
MY LATEST RECIPES
To store: Cover with plastic wrap to keep the avocado from browning. The tuna salad should last 2 days in the fridge if covered properly.
- 1 5 oz can tuna packed in water or oil drained
- 1 ripe avocado roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red or green onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork or spoon until the avocado is roughly mashed and mixed through.
- Serve on lettuce wraps, toast, or in a sandwich. To store, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.