Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Authentic TexMex Beef Tacos ranks as one of our all-time favorite dishes in the world.
I grew up in Texas and simply could not get enough tacos and it became one of the first dishes I learned to make many years ago, and I’m pretty sure these will rival any platter of TexMex Tacos you’ll find at any good TexMex restaurant.
That’s a bold statement, but make these tacos, and I’m pretty sure you’ll agree!
IS INSTANT POT TACO MEAT EASY TO FREEZE?
I’m glad you asked! Instant Pot Taco Meat is so easy to freeze. Actually, I love to make a large batch of it for just that purpose! My family loves to gobble it down in tacos, but it’s also a great way to spice up other recipes. Try it in my Instant Pot Ground Beef Enchilada Pasta or as a “taco twist” on Instant Pot Chili Mac!
CAN I DOUBLE OR HALF THE INSTANT POT TACO MEAT RECIPE?
Yes! This is one of the things I love about using the Instant Pot. Because it cooks the food at pressure, there is no need to adjust the cooking time when you change the size of the recipe. It will take a longer or shorter time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, but this happens on its own. You don’t have to do anything different!
If you are cooking for a smaller crowd, you can easily half the recipe. If you are cooking for a large gathering or would like to freeze any leftovers, feel free to double the recipe! My Instant Pot Taco Meat recipe is great for leftovers, and it can be used in so many ways!
What my family said about the dinner?
My family thought that this recipe was one of the best taco recipes I’ve ever made. I guess adding the sauted peppers and onions really enhanced the flavor.
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT GROUND BEEF RECIPES?
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 bell peppers (any color), diced
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- Brown ground beef in the Instant Pot, using the Saute function.
- Drain beef. Be sure to use hot pads when lifting out the inner pot.
- Add veggies and Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning with water and stir well so meat is coated.
- Close vent on Instant Pot, cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick Release the pressure.
- Cook off any extra liquid, by continuing to cook on Saute if needed.
- Serve on crunchy taco shells, soft taco shells or over corn chips or even lettuce for a delicious homemade taco dinner.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @sidetrackedsarah or hashtag it at #sidetrackedsarah.
Family Happenings From My Family of 9
We just had 4 new Yorkie Puppies, aren’t they the cutest?! My kids were waiting and waiting until they opened their eyes and one day, when they finally had their eyes open, we snapped this cute photo.