- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch x 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Cooked rice
- Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through. Serve over rice.
1 each: 317 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Originally Published on sitename.com
Pepper Steak Recipe
You have a favorite cut of steak, and you like it cooked either medium, medium rare, or well done, right? I enjoy steak too, and my favorite cut is chuck but I love my meat juicy and tender, so in this pepper steak recipe, we won’t cook the steak for 12 minutes because I want it to almost melt in my mouth.
Let’s not fight over how to cook steak, none of us will win, everyone like his steak prepared in a certain way. In this post, I will share how I made pepper steak, and you have the choice to follow your method of cooking steak, but I can promise you one thing, you’ll enjoy having it!
Let’s make some Pepper Steak!
- 1 lbs chuck steak cut into medium slices
- 1 large onion cut into medium strips
- ½ green bell pepper cut into medium strips
- ½ red bell pepper cut into medium strips
- 1 leveled teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- 3 tablespoon oil
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce I used low sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder you can use fresh
- In a pan, add three tablespoon oil and fry the chuck in two batches until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry the onion until translucent. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, fry the bell peppers for few seconds and keep aside.
- Add the fried chuck back to the pan, Season the chuck with salt and black pepper. Add two cups water and let it cook on medium heat for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add water if the meat is still tough and continue cooking.
When the meat is cooked add the onion and bell pepper.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the steak, stir until the sauce thickens.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com