- 2 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Loaf Italian Bread
- 1 Butter Stick, melted
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Cut lines in bread with a serrated bread knife, creating a grid like pattern.
- Do not cut all the way through the bread.
- In a small bowl combine minced garlic, parsley, olive oil and melted butter.
- Using a pastry brush, spread butter mix in between each cut of bread.
- Cut 1/8 inch slices of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Place 1 or 2 slices in between each cut of bread until it’s completely filled.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on top before wrapping.
- Tear off 2 pieces of foil to wrap bread in.
- Wrap the bottom of bread first and then wrap the top.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the top piece of foil, continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Make sure cheese has melted completely before removing from oven.
- Serve immediately.
Tips for Making Amazing Roasted Garlic Vegan Garlic Bread…
- If you’re opposed to cooking with foil, try a garlic roaster.
- Roasted garlic is freezer friendly, so every time I make it I roast a few extra bulbs for later. Wrap each bulb in plastic, then stick them all into a freezer bag and seal it tight.
- The garlic bread is also freezer friendly, and the best way to freeze it is before baking. Wrap the loaf in plastic, then stick it in a large freezer bag. Thaw it out on the day of serving, and bake according to the recipe. (
Recipe Pairing Ideas
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE
SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.
All photos and recipes on Rasa Malaysia are copyright protected. Please do not use the photos and recipes without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words instead of copy and paste and link back to https://rasamalaysia.com/pull-apart-garlic-bread/. Thank you very much!
Prep Time 1 hour 20 minutes Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Pinch of salt
- Some finely choppped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- Add warm water to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Sprinkle water with sugar and yeast. Let stand 5-10 minutes until foamy. Mix in butter, milk, salt and stir in the flour gradually. Knead for 7-10 minutes. Dough should stick to the bottom of the bowl but clears sides. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salt, parsley leaves, and garlic. Cut dough into small round pieces and dip into the butter mixture. Arrange the dough balls to your desired shape (I did 2×4). Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Reserve the leftover butter mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Baste the butter mixture on the pull-apart garlic bread after they are out of the oven.