If you are sensitive to egg yolks, or your LDL (bad cholesterol) is high, then you may be trying to stay away from egg yolks and are eating egg whites instead.
We are all on different journeys, trying to reach different goals and we want to make sure that no matter what journey you are on, you are doing it the best you can and that you enjoy your journey as much as possible.
Many complain that they don’t like to eat egg whites because they don’t taste as good as the whole egg.
But this could just mean you aren’t preparing them right.
Here are three egg white recipes that are so delicious, you don’t miss the yolk!
And if you are eating whole eggs, you may just want to give these a try anyway, so you aren’t missing out.
EGG WHITE OMELET
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat your skillet over medium heat and add your olive oil, letting it coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sautee your onions in your pan until they begin to become translucent.
- Add your spinach and tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add your egg whites into the pan and cover your pan.
- Let cook until your eggs are cooked fully through.
- Once your eggs are cooked through, slide your omelet from your pan onto a plate, folding the eggs over as you transfer them.
Makes 1 serving
MacrosCalories – 118Fat – 5gCarbs – 7gProtein – 12.3g
EGG WHITE BREAKFAST BOWL
- 8 egg whites
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ avocado
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400º. Add your olive oil to a baking pan so that it covers the bottom.
- Add your diced sweet potato and season with salt. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and back for another 10, or until your sweet potatoes are brown on the sides.
- Remove your sweet potatoes from the oven.
- Coat the bottom of your skillet with olive oil and heat over medium high on your stove.
- Once hot, add your onions and cook until they are soft. Add your bell pepper and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add your egg whites and cook for 5 – 7 minutes, or until your eggs are fully cooked. Season with your garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add your sweet potato to your skillet and mix your ingredients together.
- Remove from heat and serve with two bowls (or pack one for later).
- Top your bowls with your diced avocado and sprinkle with paprika.
Makes 2 servings
MacrosCalories – 264Fats – 6gCarbs – 35gProtein – 19g
SOUTHWEST EGG WHITE FRITTATA
- 7 egg, large, whites only
- 1 tomato, Roma, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your broiler
- Coat a nonstick, oven-safe skillet with your olive oil.
- Play over medium heat and add your onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and bell pepper and cook for about 4 minutes, or until your veggies are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add your garlic powder.
- Spread your veggies in an even layer in the pan.
- Pour your egg whites over the veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Place your skillet under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until your eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from broiler and top your dish with black olives, green onions, and avocado slices.
- Cut into 4 slices and serve.
Makes 4 servings
MacrosCalories – 90Fats – 4gCarbs – 3.5gProtein – 6.5g
These recipes are the perfect start to your day. Plus, we included the macros so you can easily fit them into your Custom Meal Plan without worrying about sabotaging your goals. Try them out and let us know which one is your favorite!
And be sure to follow us on Instagram so you can make these and share them with us on your feed, using the hashtag #morellifit
1 Egg White
Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries from Naturally Ella
How to Mix Egg Whites into Cocktails from NoshOn.It
Sugar and Spice Candied Pecans from The Yummy Life
Crispy Wonton Mozzarella Sticks from Neighborfood
2 Egg Whites
Royal Icing from I Wash You Dry
Banana Oat Protein Muffins from Ambitious Kitchen
Soft Amaretti Cookies from Love and Olive Oil
Ramos Gin Fizz Cocktail from girlichef
Very Vanilla Cupcakes from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Egg White Bacon Breakfast Sandwich from A Zesty Bite
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups from Mom on Timeout
White Cloud Icing from Bless This Mess
3 Egg Whites
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie from NeighborFood
Crispy Baked Onion Rings from Simply Scratch
Frozen Strawberry Fluff from NeighborFood
Homemade Marshmallow Cream from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Blackberry Lime Bars from The Food Charlatan
Hazelnut Latte Chocolate Meringue Cookies from The Law Student’s Wife
Avocado Egg Whites from Oh Sweet Basil
Chocolate Hazelnut Macarons from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
4 Egg Whites
Peanut Butter Meringue Pie from NeighborFood
Coconut Macaroons from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Egg White Tacos from Katie’s Cucina
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips from Ambitious Kitchen
Meringue Kiss Cookies from The Novice Chef
Mixed Berry Pavlova from Beard and Bonnet
Chocolate Pavlova from Simple Bites
Flourless Chocolate, Almond, Coconut Cookies from NeighborFood
Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies from Gimme Some Oven
Lucky Charms Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting from NeighborFood
Chicken Bacon Cheese Egg White Quiche from It’s Yummi
Skinny Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole from Cookin’ Canuck
5 Egg Whites
Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese from Two Peas and Their Pod
Strawberry Pudding Souffles from Perry’s Plate
Salted Caramel Swiss Meringue Frosting from Shugary Sweets
Southern Coconut Cake from Completely Delicious
6 Egg Whites
Spicy Tex Mex Egg White Scramble from Sweet Treats and More
Spinach, Artichoke, and Parmesan Frittata from Can You Stay for Dinner
Gluten Free Chocolate Meringue Cake from Dinners, Dishes, Desserts
Pina Colada Cupcakes from NeighborFood
Pavlova Cake Roll from Cooking LSL
The Perfect White Cake from I Am Baker
8 Egg Whites
Meringue Shells from Cookin’ Canuck
Mexican Fried Cauliflower from Chef in Training
Southwestern Quinoa Egg Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
Oatmeal Protein Pancakes from Slender Kitchen
Margarita Cupcakes from Eats Well With Others
Gluten Free Chocolate Souffle from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
10+ Egg Whites
Homemade Angel Food Cake from Wanna Be a Country Cleaver
Angel Food Cake Waffles from Seeded At The Table
Healthy Chicken Enchiladas with Egg White Tortillas from Food. Faith. Fitness.
Still looking for more ideas? Check out Baked By Rachel’s post on Storing and Freezing Egg Whites. And don’t forget, if you’ve ever got leftover egg yolks, I’ve got 50 egg yolk recipes as well!