Chicken soup recipe – Learn how to make healthy vegetable chicken soup at home. It is mildly flavored with Indian spices and can be adjusted to suit your taste. You can add vegetables of your choice like potatoes, corn, carrots, peas, pumpkin & mushrooms. Simmering various kinds of vegetables lend a unique aroma and taste to the soup. Chicken soup can be made in so many ways. I never stick on to any particular recipe. I prepare it in whatever way I feel like and is easy for me. I prepare this almost daily when my kids have cold. I feel it helps them to heal naturally with in few days. I generally keep them only on this soup and few spoons of rice, as it is lighter to digest.
I also add some veggies or corn since my kids love them as well in the soup. This tastes very close to the chicken vegetable soup that is served in pizza hut in Singapore, except that mine has an added flavor of ghee and spices.
You may like to check these 70 Indian chicken recipes, Top 10 chicken recipes, Top 10 chicken biryani recipes.
Indian chicken soup recipe below
- 250 gms chicken (bone-in chicken)
- 1 cup mixed vegetable , carrot, potatoes, peas . choose any
- 1/2 cup corn , to thicken soup
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice (helps in fighting flu and cold)
- 1 tbsp ginger , shredded or grated or paste
- 1 tsp ghee / clarified butter or oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 pepper corn
- 2 cinnamon stick , Small
- 3 to 4 cloves
- Add potatoes, peas, corn, chicken, salt, 1 cinnamon stick and few pepper corn to a pressure cooker. Pour enough water (3 to 4 glasses) and cook for 3 whistles.
- Heat a deep pan with oil, sauté the rest of the spices. Then add ginger and fry for a minute.
- Add carrots and fry for a min. Cook till the carrots are soft and tender.
- Drain off the stock to the pan and set aside chicken.
- Shred the chicken and add it back to the pan.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and add pepper powder.
Chicken soup recipe | How to make Indian chicken soup recipe Calories 184 Calories from Fat 99 Total Carbohydrates 9g 3%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.