6 Omelette recipes – An omelet is a basic dish made by frying beaten eggs in oil or butter. Omelette is eaten across the world so it is made with so many variations. It can be made using veggies, leafy greens, mushrooms, herbs, garlic and even spice powders. It is mostly eaten with toasted bread. However most Indians love omelette as a side in their meal with roti, paratha or rice.
6 simple ways to make an omelet
1. Simple egg omelet with vegetables – Vegetable omelet takes its first place among healthy and quick Breakfast in our kitchen. It makes a protein rich breakfast. To make a basic omelet, onions, tomatoes, green chilies, capsicum, carrots, salt and coriander leaves are used. Spice powders like garam masala, red chili powder can also be used to suit ones liking. Vegetable omelet recipe here 2. Spinach omelette is great to make when you have some fresh palak lying in fridge and have no idea what to use it for. The taste of this omelet is so good that you will make it again and again every time you have spinach. Check the recipe here 3. Mushroom omelette – Garlic roasted mushrooms lend a unique flavor in this. Serve it for a breakfast or snack. Get the recipe here 4. Oats egg omelette – If you are trying to include oats in your diet then this recipe is a must try. You will love it for you breakfast Get the recipe here 5. Cheese omelette is a kids’ favorite at home. Enjoy it for a brunch with some hot toasted bread or paratha. Get the recipe here 6. Bread omelette sandwich is very delicious, simple and quick to make any time. Enjoy it for a brunch, lunch or dinner. Get the recipe here
Vegetable egg omelette recipe
- 2 eggs or 2 egg whites and a yolk (chose to suit your diet requirements)
- 1 tbsp onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capsicums finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato (optional) finely chopped firm deseeded
- 1/8 tsp Salt or as needed
- 1 Green chili chopped
- 1 Pinch turmeric
- 1 tbsp Oil or butter
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Wash and chop onions, tomatoes, chilies, coriander leaves and capsicum finely.
- Mix together with salt and turmeric.
- Break the eggs to the bowl and check for shells.
- Beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it on a medium flame. Do not let the pan turn very hot, it will brown the omelette without cooking well.
- Pour the egg mixture, allow to cook until set on a medium flame.
- When the base firms up, flip it to the other side and cook till done. Sprinkle crushed pepper or chilli powder if you like.
- Serve egg omelette hot with rice, roti or bread.
You can make an omelette even in one tsp oil. To keep away the egg smell, use a good amount of oil. Place it on an absorbent tissue if you don’t really want to consume much oil.
Omelette recipe | How to make omelette | Egg omelet recipes Calories 276 Calories from Fat 198 Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
How to make omelette
1. Wash the veggies. You can use only onion / shallot or other veggies like firm ripe tomatoes (deseeded), capsicum and grated carrots. Chop onions, capsicum, green chili and tomato finely and add to a bowl. Add salt and turmeric. Mix well. 2. Add the eggs.
3. Beat until frothy.
4. Add oil to a pan and heat it. Do not let the pan turn extra hot.
5. When it is just hot enough, pour the eggs mixture.
6. Wait until the base firms up, flip it to the other side. Cook until the egg and veggies are cooked.
7. I prefer to flip the omelette again and cook to make sure it is cooked thru fully. Switch off the stove. To finish off, sprinkle a dash of pepper powder or red chilli powder if you desire.
Serve it as it is or with rice, roti or bread.