This detailed post will show you with text and pictures how to make a saddle in Minecraft. Unlike other items in the game, in Minecraft you can’t make a saddle with a crafting table or furnace, you need to find it instead and gather this item during the game. Most common places to find a saddle are inside a chest in a dungeon or Nether Fortress. Keep reading below for all the information. ( tl;dr – skip to the end of this post for a video )
Supported platforms where you can create a saddle:
Sadly, a saddle is not supported on all platforms and versions of Minecraft. So before reading any further maybe its a good idea to check if your version and platform has a saddle in it:
|Pocket Edition ( PE )||Yes|
|Education Edition ( EDU )||No|
How to Find Saddle in a Dungeon
If you don’t know how to find the Saddle in Minecraft game then don’t worry we will let you know about this.
For find a saddle in a Dungeon, you have to find the dungeon first which is necessary. Where to Find the Dungeon, don’t worry, the dungeon is present underground. Mostly, it is present in the small room where you can also see the bad spawner that is covering with a different number of items. items may be of any types. There are two types of materials using which Dungeon walls are made up of:
You just have to fly down in the underground or you can run the game in spectator mode in Minecraft.
How to Find Chest in a Fortress
The easiest way to add the saddle to your inventory is through putting the chest into the inventory. First of all, you have to find the Fortress then go and pick up from the chest of the fortress and add to your inventory.
Name, Id, and DataValue of each Saddle
Each Saddle has its own name, id, and datavalue for example if we take an example of an above Saddle. Moreover, you can make different or more than one Saddle. Then, it is easy to say that the above saddle has its own name, id, and datavalue which make them unique from each saddle.
There are few commands that you give to a saddle.
/give @p saddle 1
/give @p saddle 1 0
Both Commands are for different editions of a saddle to make it in Minecraft. Second command is used for 1.9, 1,10, 1,11, 1.12 editions. On the other hand, the first command is used for the 1.13 edition. Therefore, different commands run for different compatibility of the Saddle.
In the Long Run, What have we Concluded about making a Saddle?
Again, if you follow the above method then we assure that you can find and make saddle easily in Minecraft using a few clicks. So we learn How to Make a saddle in Minecraft. If you have any query about this you can ask in comments for making a saddle in Minecraft games or how to make a lead in Minecraft.
Also, let us know your experience about How to Make a saddle in Minecraft?
How to Make a Saddle in Minecraft
These methods do not work on all versions of Minecraft and platforms. However, they work on the following: PC, Mac, PE (Pocket Edition), PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, Education Edition, and Wii U. All you have to do is open the game and follow the steps outlined below to learn how to make a saddle in Minecraft.
Method 1: How to Find a Saddle in a Village
You can find a saddle in Minecraft by traveling through villages. Here’s how:
- Get yourself supplies of food and prepare for a long road.
- Villages can be found in the desert and grass biomes.
- Once you’re in one, you can start looking for tall buildings anywhere near.
- Once you’ve found such a building, it means you’re in a village.
- Start looking for chests in the village.
Saddle in a chest example
- If you find a saddle in one of them, add the saddle to your inventory.
Method 2: How to Find a Saddle in a Dungeon Chest
Looking for a dungeon chest is another way in which you can find a saddle in Minecraft.
- In order to find a dungeon, you need to start mining.
- Find a cave or just go underground. As soon as you reach a considerable distance, make your road ahead through the ground.
- When you hear a monster spawn sound, start looking around, it means a dungeon is close.
- You can identify a dungeon by its small size, and the fact that it contains a monster spawn and one or two chests.
- If you’re playing on a PC, use the Spectator mode to look for a dungeon, and then switch back to Survival or Creative mode.
- After you find the dungeon, kill the monster spawn.
- Open the chests and grab the desired saddle (if you can find one).
- Add the saddle to your inventory.
Method 3: How to Find a Saddle in the Nether Fortress
Here is how you can find a saddle in the Nether Fortress:
- If you’ve never visited the Nether Fortress before, build a Nether portal to take you there.
- Travel with the portal into the Nether and the Overworld.
- Make sure you are equipped with an armor and start exploring.
- When you see a structure resembling a castle, it means you found the fortress.
- Enter it and start looking for a chest (there might be several ones there).
- When found, open the chests and look for a saddle.
- If you can find one, add it to your inventory.
Method 4: How to Find a Saddle in a Temple
This is a method that not many people prefer, because it’s one of the hardest. Nonetheless, it’s totally worth the effort.
- You can find a saddle in a desert temple or a jungle temple.
- A desert temple is partially or completely buried in sand. You can find one in the desert biome.
- If you come across one, look for the blue block made of clay located in the center of the floor.
- Dig it out to expose a secret chamber with four chests.
- Open the chests to look for a saddle.
- When you find one, add it to your inventory.
- A jungle temple typically contains two chests, but is also full of booby traps, so you have to be careful.
- If you’re willing to take the risk, open the chests, and add any existing saddles to your inventory.
Method 5: How to Find a Saddle in an Abandoned Mineshaft
This is another method that is not extremely popular, due to its difficulty.
- Look for an abandoned mineshaft.
- This might contain several minecart chests, but it depends on its size.
- If you’re lucky enough to find a chest that contains a saddle, open it.
- Save the saddle to your inventory.
Method 6: How to Get a Saddle by Fishing
When fishing in Minecraft, you don’t just catch fish. You can also catch other items, such as saddles.
- Make yourself a fishing rod using the crafting table, two pieces of string, and three sticks.
- In order to increase your chances of fishing a saddle, you can use an enchantment, like the Luck of the Sea enchantment.
- However, getting this enchantment also requires luck, since you can trade for one or find one in a chest.
- If you have one, and you also have a rod, start fishing for a saddle.
- Fish in any type of water, be it artificially built or naturally generated.
- Once you’ve caught something, reel it in. Hopefully, it is a saddle.
Method 7: How to Get a Saddle by Trading
Finally, you can also trade for a saddle, although you cannot do it in Minecraft PE. Here is how:
- Find a leatherworker villager (the one wearing a white apron).
- Make sure you have 9 to 16 emeralds to have the ability to purchase a saddle, as well as 8 to 10 emeralds to trade for it.
- You can find emeralds mining, in chests, or by trading.
- Once you have all the emeralds, open the trading window.
- With 2 to 4 emeralds, buy the leather pants, then close the trading window.
- Open it again and buy the leather tunic for 7 to 12 emeralds.
- Close the window again, then reopen it for the third time.
- Now, you should see the saddle.
- Purchase it for 8 to 10 emeralds.
Minecraft PE 0.9.0+ Seed: FROYOYOLO
Minecraft PE Seed AKA:-1069205006
Large Village (Two Villages) Hello Blacksmith The Blacksmith’s Saddle! Iron Pick, Obsidian, Iron Leggings Gold Under Spawn Village from Spawn
Let us know what else you find below in the comments section! Thanks to Epic fan Paige for submitting the seed!