No more hiding behind cozy winter sweaters! If you’re dreaming of that hot beach bod and want to lose weight before summer hits, I totally get where you’re at. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy feeling fit and skinny, right? Not too mention totally sexy in the little bikini you’ve had your eye on.
Twenty pounds is totally realistic, though the best type of weight loss is slow and steady. But if time is an issue, check out these killer strategies for shedding the pounds fast to get the results you crave.
Continue reading to learn our best tips and diets like the military diet!
How to lose 20 pounds in 2 months
I like this plan the best. You’re way less likely to feel deprived if you choose a two month time frame because it becomes an awful lot less restrictive.
Also see: Adele’s weight loss
Plan Your Meals Ahead of Time
Prepping your meals and snacks for the week ahead is easy and takes way less time than you may think. Mix it up by finding some new healthy recipes, then write out your shopping list. Aim to get most of your groceries from the perimeter of the supermarket, meaning fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and dairy, and stay away from most shelf-stable items in the aisles. Cook a batch of grilled chicken for the week ahead, slice and dice your fruits and veggies so they’re ready for snacking, and try your hand at things like egg muffins. They’re packed with protein and are a convenient, grab-and-go choice that’s way healthier (not to mention tastier) than a fast food breakfast or something you’d find off a coffee cart.
Catch Some zzz’s
Getting a good night’s rest is important no matter what. Make sure your bedroom is a serene sanctuary, sans TV and cell phone. Pick soothing paint colors for the walls, add some blackout shades, and diffuse some lavender essential oil. Aim for 8 hours of shut eye.
Play Social Director
Eating out is totally fine if you’re careful about where you go and what you pick off the menu. Take charge of the next girl’s night by vetting out restaurant options that serve things that cater to your healthy lifestyle. Or instead of heading to happy hour, suggest other outings, like group mani/pedis or a movie. Follow these tips and you can learn how to lose 5 pounds in a week with ease.
Finally, remember that no matter the goal, an active lifestyle is vital for weight loss. Cardio is always more fun with friends, so grab a few for a kickboxing class and make sure that resistance training is part of your routine. The more you train, the stronger you’ll get, so keep challenging yourself by increasing the weight you’re using each week. Strong is the new sexy and here’s a 30 day ab challenge that will flatten your tummy in no time!
Eating less seems simple enough. But, truth is, a healthy diet permeates more of your daily habits than you might think. Here are a few examples:
- Buy, prepare, pack, and eat raw vegetables at every meal
- Eat food that you prepared for each meal
- Spend time every week doing meal preparation
- Men – drink 5 or less alcoholic drinks per week. Women – 3 or less
- Minimize or eliminate sweets – especially around the office or when you’ve had a “hard day”
Move 3-5 hours a week. Simple enough. Why is it so rare that people actually stick to it? There are plenty of factors that contribute to non-exercise – schedule, not knowing what to do, difficulty forming a habit, losing interest, and budget. Here are some examples of what it actually will take to stick to an exercise routine:
- Chances are, you’ll need to hire a coach or trainer. Most access (“globo-gym”) facilities are set up to where less than 5% of people paying a membership actually go. Read: You probably won’t either.
- You’ll need to wake up early. Meaning, the first number on your alarm clock will probably be a 5.
- You’ll need to pack a gym bag everyday. If you go home before the gym, you probably won’t make it to the gym.
- Childcare – you’ll need to make arrangements.
- Be proactive – block out your workout time in your schedule. Leaving it up to chance means it won’t happen.