The only way you can absolutely be sure of the gender of your child is through an ultrasound scan. However, finding the sex of the child through ultrasound is illegal in India, and rightly so, looking at the statistics of female infanticide.As an educated and a smart parent, we are sure you do not have anything against the girl child. In fact, you might be hoping to have a sweet little daughter. But, did you know that there are many “non-scientific” ways to guess your baby’s gender? This is how your grandma or an older aunt predict your child’s gender by your look, or by your behavior. Let us look at 10 symptoms that might suggest you are having a daughter. But before, that remember these key things.
- These are non-scientific. That means, no research has proved that if you have one of these symptoms, you will be having a girl. It also does not prove that if you have none of these symptoms, you will not have a girl
- Consider this as a fun exercise. Since the gender of the baby is a big suspense, it will be fun to sue this list to guess the gender
- Understand there is no way you can be sure, unless through an ultrasound scan
10 Signs You Are Pregnant With A Girl
Now that you know our disclaimers, read on for 10 symptoms that you are having a girl:
- Your baby has faster heart rate: The average heartrate for a baby in the womb is 140 heart beats per minute. If your child’s heart rate is higher than 140, then you might be having a girl! So next time you go for ultrasound scan, you know what to watch out for
- You are carrying high: Your tummy’s position is apparently a big give away! This is how most ladies from older generation predict the gender after having one fleeting look at you. If you are carrying high, that means if you are heavier on the top portion of your tummy, then the chances are you are having a girl
- You glow: The pregnancy glow usually signals the arrival of a daughter. The glow is due to the increased production of estrogen in the body. On the contrary, a dull, acne-prone skin will indicate a baby boy
- You are moody: All pregnancies come with mood swings, no doubt. However, did you know that your “prominent mood” might be indicative of your baby’s gender? If you feel depressed or irritable most times, then it might be a girl on the way. On the other hand, if you feel aggressive and bold, it might be a boy
- You sleep on right: For a healthy pregnancy, your doctor might advise you to sleep on your side, especially the left one. If you tend to sleep on your right more, or if you are more comfortable when you are lying on your right side, then get ready to paint the room pink!
- You have thinning hair: One of the best news during pregnancy is that you tend to have little to no hair fall. But if you hair starts looking thin and dull, with no gloss, then you might be having a girl. A thicker and stronger hair growth indicate a boy
- You crave sweet: During your pregnancy, you are sure to crave for a lot of food items. The kind of food you crave, might give away your child’ gender. Are craving for everything sweet? A sweet girl is on her way!
- You pass the garlic test: This is one very popular old wives’ trick. Eat a clove of garlic and wait. If your body starts to smell of garlic, you are having a boy. If there is no change in the way you smell, then you are having a girl
- You have bad morning sickness: While feeling nausea in the morning is part and parcel of pregnancy, if you have a really bad bout of morning sickness, then you might be having a girl
- You do the baking powder test: Another trick right from your kitchen. Take a disposable glass, add a tablespoon of baking powder, and add in your urine. If there is no reaction, that is if the mixture does not turn frizzy, then you might be having a girl
While it is fun to guess the gender of the baby, please remember that what matters is that you have a strong and healthy child. Gender is only secondary. In India, it is illegal for the radiologist to disclose the gender of the unborn baby. It is also illegal for you to ask.
Good luck with your pregnancy.
Previous Article Next Article