Information – This PS3 Jailbreak has been updated and tested as of 2018 and works on all PS3 original firmware's 4.82 and below.
Before you are able to jailbreak your ps3, you must first understand what a ps3 jailbreak does, in terms of legal and hardware.
- Legal: The warranty will be voided as soon as you remove the original firmware and switch to custom firmware. But, luckily the ps3 jailbreak can e reversed, and we show that at the end of the tutorial below.
- Hardware: Your ps3 console will be “unlocked”, it will be able to run homebrew applications. Usually only ps3 licensed software can be used on the console, but this opens it up to a whole wide range of possibilities, here are some; Run games without a disc, Play MKV files, Use game mods and of course, run homebrew apps (Tutorials on how to perform these features can be found on this website).
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the what you use this jailbreak for, by following the steps below you acknowledge what you are doing, and accept full responsibility for any actions you have done.
Update PS3 Firmware
Remind there: Your Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) should be updated with the latest version of Firmware (4.81).
- Just go to “System Settings,” & check “System Information.”
If your PS3 firmware is outdated, Just follow the below procedure, download & install the latest firmware by clicking here.
Download NowThis is an Official firmware update link for Sony PlayStation 3.
Check out Most Popular post:
How To Jailbreak PS3 4.81 with USB
1. At first, visit on official site & download the Latest Jailbreak 4.81 Firmware for PS3.
2. Now Plugin USB Pen drives to Computer & Format it completely. ( Note:- It should File System in fat32)
Removable disk drive
3. Once Finished, Create a New Folder & give the name is as “ PS3 ”
3. Inside the “ PS3 ” Folder, Create an another New Folder & give the name is “ UPDATE ”
4. Now Extract the download file using WinRAR Software.
5. Move all files it to on “ UPDATE ” Folder. Once moved the file, Rename the firmware update file as “PS3UPDAT.PUP.
Move a File
6. Plug USB Pen drive into your PS3 Console.
7. Go to Setting > System Settings > Network Setting, Disable the internet as following below:
- Internet Connection.
- Media Server Connection.
8. Now navigate to Settings > System Update > Update via Storage Media -> Proceed.
9. Accept the User Agreement and wait for minutes to complete the update”
10. Congratulations, Your Sony PS3 is now be jailbroken.
To Revert back to the Orginal Firmware on your PS3, You may need to Install the Original Firmware from the PlayStation website.
Hope this article will help you to install a Jailbreak firmware on your PS3. If still have you any problem in understanding any steps, without any hesitation, please do comment your question. It would my pleasure to answer your query.
Instructions PS3 Jailbreak 4.83 CFW Download
These steps and instructions are very necessary for jailbreaking the PS3 on 4.83 firmware therefore read them carefully because you miss any of the instructions you will not be able to jailbreak your device properly and you also maybe might get banned. If you’re not on 4.83 firmware it should also work, just make sure you follow the instructions. Below are the mentioned steps and instructions for the PS3 jailbreak 4.83 firmware!
Step by step guide
1: First of all download the required files to jailbreak your PS3 on 4.83 firmware. You can download the file by clicking on one of the 3 buttons above. All 3 links are the same file, the only difference is the website in case a website doesn’t work for you.2: Unzip the file you’ve just downloaded by using WinRar, don’t have WinRar? Download it here.3: Plug a USB stick into your computer.4: Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3 and a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE. Do not forget the capital letters, it’s important.6: Once you’ve unzipped the file you’ve downloaded you’ll see a file called PS3UPDAT.pup place move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick. You should have this now:
7: Put the USB stick into your PS3.8: Navigate to Settings Tab.9: Click on System Update.10: Choose Update via Storage Media.
11: It will say the following update data was found: 4.83 – Ferrox [2.00]
12: Press OK.13: Accept Conditions and Install Update.14: After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.15: Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)16: Your PS3 is now jailbroken on the latest firmware which is 4.83 congratulations!