Hey guys, today we are going to show you How to Jailbreak Firestick without using PC. All of you might familiar with Firestick and its feature but let us describe short intro for who doesn’t know much about Firestick.
Firestick enables you to watch your favorite Movies, TV shows or other streaming content at any time via popular apps such as Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Prime Video. You can feel some different streaming experience by using Firestick. Buy a new one from here if you don’t own yet.
There is one panic thing as well, All these streaming apps are premium and they charge some money every month if you want to continue with them. Is not a headache? Not at all. You can use other free streaming apps or Kodi Addons by Jailbreaking your Firestick device.
Using Jailbroken Firestick is not illegal so please be assured about that. You can do anything with your device but Keep in mind, Pirated Streaming on Jailbroken Firestick is illegal and We don’t recommend to do that as well.
We recommend to use a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 60% off any package from IPVanish which allows you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time
How to Jailbreak Firestick Using Downloader 2018:
Jailbreaking Amazon Firestick is not a big task, you have to follow some simple steps to get this done. You don’t require PC Windows, Laptop or any other devices for Jailbreak Firestick, just keep ready your Amazon Firestick with a good working internet connection; we will guide you rest of it.
We’ll also guide you for other popular apps such as Youtube, Mobdro, and Cinema HD.
Below are the steps to Jailbreak Firestick:
- First of all, We will enable Unknown sources apps option from Setting
- Go to Setting
- Select Device
- Select Developer Options
- Now Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources “option. Click on Turn on to avoid warning box. Now Turn on ADB Debugging option as well.
- Go back to Setting’s main menu
- Select Preferences
- Scroll and Click on Advertising ID
- Turn off Interest-based ads option
- Now Back to Firestick’s Home Screen
- Click on Search icon from the Top menu bar
- Type Downloader and Click on Search to Search the App
- Find and Select ” Downloader ” App from available results
- Click on Download icon to start the Download process
- Wait until download process finish
- Open the app once you see download completes
- On the Home Screen of the App, You will see URL Box. Click on it to type URL
- Type http://bit.ly/kodi176 and Click on Go to start the download. You can download Kodi 18 APK from here if you wish to install the latest Kodi Leia.
- Now Download will start automatically, Wait a couple of seconds
- Click on Install option once you see Kodi’s Installation Wizard
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Click on Open to start the Kodi App
- Finally, You are done with the Jailbreaking process. Now you have Kodi installed and you can watch your favorite content by installing Builds and Addons.
- If you are absolutely new to Kodi, Know How to install Kodi Builds and Addons on Krypton at the end of the guide; otherwise Go ahead and Enjoy Kodi.
Also Check: How to Install Area 51 IPTV on Kodi & Firestick – 1000+ Live TV Channels
How to Install YouTube on Firestick / TV 2018
Since Google blocked Youtube from Amazon Firestick, new users are struggling to get the app on Firestick. As we all know Youtube is the world’s largest online streaming video hub, no one really want to miss this app on any device and especially on a device like Firestick which brings the best experience to the big screen.
Amazon has been continually in talks with Google regarding Youtube and other Google app such as Home and Chromcast but seems Google no more want to associate with Firestick Device. Unfortunately, we will need to use an alternative app called Smart Youtube TV to access the Youtube Store.
First of all, let me clear some facts about Smart Youtube TV App. As this is not an official app, you can’t access full features of Youtube such as you will not have access to your own Youtube channels and latest TV Feature despite App name contains TV word.
To access Blocked features on Firestick we recommend to install Good Browser like Silk Browser. You can find that on the Amazon App store, Just search the Silk Browser and Click on Download to get the app. Now let’s move on to guide without wasting your valuable time.
As Smart TV Youtube is a third party app, we’ll need to enable Unknown Sources option from the setting menu. This step will make sure Android that App we are going to install is safe and does not contain any type of virus or dangerous malware. To do that follow the below steps. If you have install Kodi earlier then the option might Enable but if you are not sure about that you can still verify by following below steps.
- Launch Homepage on your Firestick Device
- Click on Setting menu
- Hover the options and Select Device option
- Click on Developer options
- Choose ” Apps from Unknown Sources ” option and Click on it to Enable. If the option is already Enabled then you can go for next steps without doing anything.
Now we have access from the device to install third-party apps so first, we will install an app called ” Downloader ” from Firestick or Amazon Store which is required to get the Youtube TV app. Following are the simple steps to download it.
- Click on Search Bar and Type ” Downloader “. Search it and see results.
- You might find Downloader at first place. Click on it
- Click on Download icon to install the app
- Launch the app once the installation process completes
Now we have all required stuff ready so we will follow steps to download Youtube TV APK file and then install it on Firestick.
- Launch the Downloader app
- Click on URL box and type this URL exactly: https://smartyoutubetv.github.io
- This is the step where most of the errors occur so please make sure you have type URL exactly as mentioned in the guide. Once you are done with typing Click on Go button.
- Once page load fully, Scroll down the page and you will see Download heading. You will find the following options to choose: Stable Version, Kids Version, and Add-ons.
- Click on the Stable version and download will start automatically
- The installation wizard will appear on the screen when the download will finish. Click on Install
- Once the installation process is done, you will have two option to choose; Done and Open, Click on Done and you will see downloader screen with Install, Delete and Done option. This means what you want to do with APK file. Since we have app installed successfully, we don’t need APK file so click on Delete to remove APK file completely from the device. Don’t worry, this will not remove installed Youtube TV app.
- You can delete APK file later as well if you chose the Open option during the installation process, to do that Go to download path. /SDcard/Downloader/, find and delete SmartYoutubeTV.apk file. Above provided path is default but it can be different if you have changed it before so navigate according to that settings.
- Now you are all set to use Smart Youtube TV app. To Launch the app go to apps and Click on Youtube TV app to start. Enjoy!
How to Install Cinema HD App on Firestick
Cinema HD is a newly launched streaming app to watch free Movies and TV Shows. Because of its vast feature list and quality streams, Cinema HD is one of the best Terrarium TV alternative available on the internet. Just like Kodi addons, Cinema HD also supports Real Debrid so you can add tons of new sources for the particular content. Post shut down of Terrarium TV, Cinema Hd and Morpheus TV are the best Terrarium TV Replacement.
As the Cinema HD loads content from Torrent and other third party sources which are not legal at some point, We recommend to use an IPVanish VPN with Cinema HD to avoid broken link issue and to be safe from Internet Throttling issue.
Now let’s move on for the guide to install the latest Cinema HD app on Firestick. Since we have Downloader installed on the device, we only have to download Cinema HD APK file as we did in the above guide. If you don’t have ” Downloader ” installed, You can download it by following the above guide.
- Launch Downloader app from your Firestick device
- Click on Browser
- Select URL Box and type exactly: https://bit.ly/2Pmisl6
- Click on Go button after verifying that entered URL is same as mentioned in the guide
- Wait until page loads, scroll down to Download option and Click on it to start the download process.
- You will find Install option on the screen after a successful download. Click on it and the installation process will start.
- Once it finishes, Click on Done. Now app will show downloader screen along with Delete and other two options. Select Delete to remove APK file or Choose Done to keep APK file on the device.
- You will see the Cinema HD app listed along with other apps on the Apps menu. Click on it and you are done. Enjoy!
How to Install Mobdro TV APP on Firestick
Another must use app for your Jailbroken Firestick. Now you might have a question that why we would install Mobdro when we have Cinema HD already installed. Let me clear your doubt. Cinema HD offers Movies and TV shows when Mobdro which is one of the best IPTV apps offers Live TV Channels to watch. Also, there is one big plus to use both apps along if one is not working for some reasons, you can use another until one start to works properly.
Maybe there is no better free app than Mobdro when it comes to IPTV and Live TV services. It has more things you might expect from an app. In this modern era where Cable providers are charging heavy amount, Mobdro can be proven the best alternative of those providers and apps. It will change the streaming experience when you are using it along with Firestick on Smart TV or any other big screen.
Most of the users use Mobdro to watch Live Sports match such as Football so if you are one Sports lover, this one is surely for you. Again, Installation method is same and easy as we have downloader already installed. Just download latest Mobdro APK using below steps and you will be ready with the app to use.
- Launch Firestick Device.
- Access Downloader App from Firestick Apps. Again, You can download it from the above guide if you haven’t installed.
- Go back and Click on Browser.
- Hover to URL Box and Type this URL: https://bit.ly/2iZT2hu
- Press the Go button once you verify that the entered URL is same as shown on the above step.
- You will see the Download option after page load completes. Click on it and download will start automatically.
- The setup wizard will appear automatically after successful download. Click on Install to start the process.
- After that, you will have Done and Open options. Select Open option to launch app directly or Done which will take you to Downloader screen where you can Delete downloaded APK file if you don’t want to store APK file. Don’t worry, App will be installed and even you can delete APK file later also.
- You can see Mobdro APP listed on the Apps menu along with other apps. Enjoy!
How to Install Kodi No Limits Magic Build on Krypton:
- Launch Kodi
- Select Setting
- Select File Manager
- Press Add Source
- Press None
- Type http://nolimitsbuilds.com/kodi/ and Press Done
- Enter a name for media Source, type No Limits & Press OK
- Go back to Home Screen
- Press Add-Ons
- Click on Install from zip file
- Press No Limits
- Press plugin.video.nolimitswizard.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Press Program add-ons
- Select No Limits Wizard
- Press No Limits Magic (No XXX Section) [ You can choose any version or sever ]
- Wait for the download to finish and install. (You will need to wait during shut down process)
- Now Restart and Enjoy the Build
How to Install Gaia Kodi addon on Krypton:
- Launch Kodi
- Click on Setting then File Manager
- Press Add Source
- Press None
- Type https://repo.gaiakodi.com/ and Press Done
- Enter a name for media Source, type Gaia & Press OK
- Go back to Home Screen
- Click on Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Press Gaia
- Press repository.gaia..zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Press Install from Repository
- Select Gaia Repository 1
- Press Video add-ons
- Select Gaia
- Click on Install
- Wait until you see Gaia Add-on installed message
- Gaia is now installed and ready to use.
How to Install Kodi Bae Exodus Repository:
- First Download Repo File from here
- Launch Kodi
- Press Setting
- Select Add-Ons
- Press Install from zip file
- Locate and press zip file you saved earlier repository.kodibae-x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Press Install from Repository
- Press Kodi Bae Repo
- Select Video add-ons
- Press Exodus
- Press Install
- Wait until you see Exodus Add-on installed message
- Exodus is now installed and ready to use.
Also Check: 11 Best working Kodi Build for Firestick and Android 2018 That’s all for now. I’ll back with some new Useful Stuff.
Get 25% off any VPN Plan with IPVanish VPN
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymize your traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- Prevent ISP throttling
- 7-day money back guarantee
Installing Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV
Don’t be fooled by scammers saying they are “jailbreaking” your device. Anyone can install Kodi simply by following the steps below. This works on both Amazon streaming devices. Check out my article “Fire TV vs Fire TV Stick” to see which device is right for you.
- From the Fire TV Home screen, select Settings
- Enable both the ADB Debugging and the Apps from Unknown Sources options. If you have the new Fire Stick interface, this is found in Settings > Device > Developer Options. If you have the old interface, go to Settings > System > Developer options.
- Go to Device -> About -> Network, and take note of the Fire TV’s IP address
- Install ES Explorer by searching for it and installing it from the Amazon App Store
- Start ES Explorer and expand the “Tools” menu in the left column. From underneath “Tools,” select “Download Manager”
- Press the “Right Button” on your remote, then highlight and click “New” at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in the direct link to the Kodi file for Android in the Download dialogue box. (As of 5/15/18, the link is “http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-17.6-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk”. However, check to make sure this is the latest at http://kodi.tv/download ). Click “Download Now”
- When the download completes, select “Open File”, then on the next box select “Install”
- Next, the Kodi installation screen will come up. Click “Install” again. Once the app installs, click “Open.” Kodi is now installed and will start.
- Read the section below before continuing.
Follow these steps to install Terrarium TV on FireStick
- Open your FireStick > Click on Settings > Click System > Go to Developer Options > Enable apps from unknown sources.
- Return to your FireStick home scree > Click search and type “ES File Explorer” > Click on ES File Explorer form the search result and download it.
- After installing the app, open it > Click Tools > Click on Download Manager > Click “+ New”.
Type the following details in the dialogue box
- Click Download Now.
- After downloading it, click Open File.
- Click “Install.
There you have Terrarium TV installed on your FireStick, now you can enjoy seamless streaming and it is free.
FAQ for Jailbreaking Firestick
What can you do with a Jailbroken Amazon FireStick?
A jailbroken FireStick can be used for streaming high quality content free without paying anything through various channels and applications available online.
What channels can you get free with FireStick?
You can get the following free channels on your FireStick for enjoying the entertainment you desire:
- Terrarium TV
- Pluto TV
- FreeFlix HQ
Is there a monthly fee for FireStick?
No, there is no such monthly fee for the FireStick itself, but there is a subscription fee for the channels and applications that are available FireStick.
What does a FireStick do?
FireStick is a plug and play streaming device that can be plugged in your smart TV allowing you to stream movies and other entertainment medium through its apps and channels by paying a certain subscription fee.
FireStick is undoubtedly an amazing thing to have if you are an entertainment freak and a streaming geek. It allows you to have the whole world of entertainment in the palm of your hand. The apps available on FireStick provide HD quality content and seamless streaming experience.
Another great thing about FireStick is that unlike other streaming devices, it does not require any tweaks time to time. However, the fact that users have to pay for each and everything that is available with it is something that makes streaming lovers reluctant in buying it.
Arsalan Saif Uddin Rathore is a business graduate and an experienced marketing professional. He has worked with multiple research think-tanks, NGOs and global organizations. Arsalan has been writing on technology and miscellaneous topics since 2013 and likes to provide a neutral and worthy insight to his readers. Besides being a writer, Arsalan is a Football player, Hunting & Trekking lover and Online Streaming Geek.
Amazon Fire Stick Jailbreak: Using ES File Explorer
This method is the most popular among firestick users. That is because you can easily jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick without computer and there are a ton of guides available online for the same.
- Power ON your Amazon Fire Stick and make sure that it is connected to the internet via WIFI.
- Now open Settings and Navigate to System.
- Inside the System, you will need to open Developer Options.
- Now you will need to make sure that “Apps from unknown source” and “ADB Debugging” is turned ON.
- Now go back to the home screen and select search from there.
- Here you will need to search for “ES File Explorer”
- The very first search result will be the one we are looking for. Select it and install it using the “Get” button.
- Once installed, open it up and open the menu on the left side in ES File Explorer.
- Select Favorites and then select “Add” option.http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
- Now you will see a popup asking for the name and address of the favorite you want to add. As we are installing Kodi, we will enter “Kodi” in the name section and the following URL in the path section.
- After that, save the favorite and now go ahead and select the favorite we just added from the list. A Page will open up and you will need to choose the APK file link from there.
- The last step is to select the “Open in Browser” option from the more menu. I have attached a screenshot for reference.
- The Download will start and you will be able to install “Kodi” APK file just like any other app.
Install Kodi 17 Krypton on Firestick without computer and without ES File Explorer
If the ES File Explorer doesn’t work for you or you don’t quite understand how to Jailbreak your FireStick using that, you can use this method. In my opinion, this method is the most underrated way of downloading Kodi on FireStick. That is because this is the easiest method but ES File Explorer method was first discovered by someone and that is method is still the most popular.
- First of all you will need to go to Settings and enable Apps from unknown sources. If you know how to do it, you can go to the next step. Inside Settings navigate to System > Developer Options and here you will need to enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”
- Make sure that your Amazon FireStick is connected to the internet and now go to the main screen and open Search.
- Now search for “Downloader” and install it using the “Get” button.
- Once installed, open Downloader app and now all you have to do is type this URL into the URL section and press the download button.
- The Kodi 17 Krypton APK will start to get downloaded and after download, you can open it and install Kodi by following the on-screen instructions.
Amazon Fire stick Jailbreak using Android phone
As of 2017, there are more than 2 billion Android devices running worldwide and there is a good chance that you have access to an Android phone. If that is the case then you can use your Android phone to Jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick. All you have to do is follow the instructions below and you should be good to go.
- First of all, you will need to make sure that your Amazon Fire Stick and your Android phone is connected to the same wifi network.
- Now you will need to open “Settings > System > Developer Options” and here you will need to enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- After that go back to the main screen of Amazon Fire Stick and open “Settings > System > About” and here you will need to note your IP Address. I recommend that you keep this screen open on your TV.
- Next up, go to Google PlayStore on your Android phone and download the Apps2fire app. If you are reading this on your Android phone, you can use the link given below for same.
- Now you will need to download APK file for Kodi on your Android phone. If you have new Amazon FireStick with Alexa Voice then you can use this link or use this link for Old Amazon Firestick.
- Once downloaded, open Apps2Fire and go to its settings. Here you will need to enter the IP address of your FireStick. Don’t forget to save it.
- The last step is to tap the upload button from the top bar inside Apps2Fire and select the Kodi apk file that you have downloaded.
- Wait for a few seconds and Kodi 17 Krypton will be installed on your Amazon FireStick. You can find it under “Settings > Apps”
Install Kodi 17 Krypton on Amazon FireStick using computer
This method of FireStick Jailbreak is the least preferred cause it involves using a computer. In this day and age, no one wants to boot up a computer just to jailbreak firestick. But If you don’t have any other method working for you, this is the only way around.
To jailbreak Amazon fire Stick and Install Kodi Kryton 17, you will need to download a couple of utilities on your computer and follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, download the ADB Drivers on your computer using this link and install it. Make sure to Press Y whenever the installation wizard asks.
- Now open Settings > System > Developers Options on Amazon Fire TV Stick and here you will need to enable both ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources as well.
- Next up, go back to the main screen of Amazon Fire Stick and Navigate to “Settings > System > About” and here you will need to take note of the IP Address.
- After that, come back to your Windows computer and press “Windows Key + R” to open the Run window.
- Here you will need to type cmd, just like the way it is entered in the image below.
- Click OK and it will open a Command Line Interface in front of you.
- Here you will need to enter a couple of commands as we have mentioned below.adb connect IPADDRESS
Is a hacked Firestick Legal With Kodi?
The big question, is it legal to hack your Firestick? Technically, yes it is legal. You can do whatever you want with it as it is your property. You will not be breaking any laws in America by doing so. I can not speak for other countries as laws may differ. Check with your local law making government.
Is Kodi legal in the USA? Yes, of course it is. You can get it on any app store such as Google Play. It is a legal, legit streaming media player. There is no wrong in downloading this app to your Amazon Firestick.
This means you can legally buy a Firestick with Kodi streaming and not be in any trouble. Which is why you see so many people selling them online. It may be too advanced and technicle for most to actually install Kodi on their home Firestick so they buy them already jailbroken.
Are you following? There is nothing illegal about the action of jailbreaking, unlocking or buying a Firestick with Kodi on it.
Watching TV For Free With Kodi – Legal or Not?
However, Kodi or other such hacked Firestick devices may open up a plethora of free streaming content which may otherwise cost money or have a subscription fee such as Netflix or Hulu. This is where you start to break the law. You are not allowed to violate copyrighted material or receive paid services for free. Do you follow? That is stealing.
If you are caught streaming or violating copyrighted material, your ISP may even suspend your service permanently and you won’t have any way to access the internet at all ever again. You may be sued, fined and more. Is it really worth it?
Kodi is not responsible for your use of third party add-ons and services to access illegal materials and they are very much against them.
Here is a statement they made regarding piracy. Source
But let’s face it, no one uses Kodi for anything other than streaming TV for free. That is where their user base comes from. Mainly jailbroken Fire Sticks bought on Craigslist and Facebook. They seem to be in denial.
We love 3rd party add-ons. Not the piracy variety you're referring to though. Popularity? Not bothered. Dead? No, just a nice small userbase
— Kodi (@KodiTV) October 2, 2017
How Do I Legally Watch Free Streaming?
This is why people who us services like Kodi on hacked Amazon Fire Sticks use services such as a cheap Kodi VPN to “hide their online activity”. It really is required to safely get “free streaming”.
When you use a VPN(Virtual Private Network), you basically hide your online tracks from your ISP and the services you access. So while it is illegal to infringe on copyrighted material by using a hacked Firestick, with a VPN you may remain invisible. So that is the catch, “free TV” but with the cost of a monthly VPN subscription and knowing you are secretly breaking the law. Not by owning or cracking your Firestick, but by accessing paid material for free. The good news is, you won’t be caught with a VPN. You’re just a bad person.
The benefits of a VPN do not stop at free Kodi TV. You can hide all of your internet tracks for every activity from your ISP and other prying eyes. This is becoming a standard among internet and computer savvy households. A VPN is now just part of using the internet. If you have privacy concerns, you need a VPN even if you do not plan on using a Kodi Firestick. In the future this will be a standard practice.
VPN or not, we are not suggesting you access paid streaming content for free, but to use such free streaming TV services like Kodi third party add-ons you are forced to use a VPN to hide your internet tracks. Anyone that doe snot is foolish and will pay the price when it catches up with them down the line. And it will.
The people selling you these devices online will not inform you of this cost or the legality of stealing tv shows because if they did you may not buy a hacked Firestick from them. But now you are informed and can make the choice on your own.
Is it illegal to sell Firesticks with Kodi on it?
Yes and no. If you are selling a jailbroken Firestick with the free media streaming app Kodi in its pure form, it is fine. Fully legal. However, if you are selling it with preloaded add-ons and advertising it as free TV and promoting piracy, you are breaking copyright laws and profiting from selling others paid services. You are not allowed to sell hacked services such as Netflix and Hulu.
TV Box – Is Kodi Safe?
Kodi is 100% legal on its own and a safe application. It does not contain any viruses or otherwise malicious code. The software is offered free on Google Play. But once again, it is not legal to use add-ons which provide pay services for free. You are not allowed to break copyright laws under any circumstances and if you plan to do so anyways, you must hide behind a VPN or pay the consequences.
Purchasing the Amazon Fire TV Stick
At first, I thought I needed to purchase the Amazon Fire TV. That device cost $89.99. I went to order it from Amazon, but that device was not in stock. I then drove over to Best Buy to purchase the TV stick, but it wasn’t in stock at Best Buy either. Eventually, I realized I didn’t need the $89.99 device. All I needed was the $39.99 Amazon Fire Stick, so I purchased it from Best Buy. Now, with fire stick in hand, I set about modifying it to stream all the goodies the internet had to offer.
A little Grandmotherly Advice: Before you jail break your Amazon Fire TV Stick, make sure to get a reliable VPN. I use IPVanish as my VPN.
Jail Breaking the Amazon Fire TV Stick
Thank you YouTube for being the prime institution for my School of Hard Knocks learning. To jailbreak the firestick I followed Franklin Ogbonna’s instructions and they worked like a charm. Here’s a link to his YouTube channel, but here’s the video I used to modify my Amazon firestick:
It takes about 25 minutes to go through the process, and then another 25 minutes or more to get familiar with the user interface. Actually, because I’m a bit slow on the uptake, it’s taking me much longer to get used to the interface.
When modifying (jail breaking) the fire stick, you must install Kodi. Kodi is the app that makes streaming content through the fire stick possible. Kodi is not limited to the firestick. It can also be installed on any computer, android or iOs device. With Kodi as the infrastructure, you then install third-party add-ons. For old-timers like me, I think of Kodi as the operating system and the addons as the various software programs.
With Kodi and add-ons, you can watch movies, live TV, sports, listen to music and even import your own images/videos to display. I’m still feeling my way around the program. I’m sure there are a host of other things it can do that I’m still too new to know about. Instead of learning from my limited experience, here are a couple of links to folks who really know what they’re talking about:
New Builds and Updates
One thing you’ll note with using Kodi and the add-ons is that it’s not a one-stop shopping where you set it and forget it. It appears you’ll have to update Kodi and add-ons from time to time as new builds are released and add-ons are updated. Think of the new builds/updates the same way as when iOS or Android update mobile devices. In the world of technology, nothing stands still. If you’re the type that likes your updates pushed thru to your device, then jail breaking the fire stick might not be for you. But, if you’re like me and like to tinker around then, give it a shot (it’s really not that bad).
I’ve only had the fire stick for a few days so I have much to learn. It is my intent to document my learning process here (that’s if I remember). If not, there are plenty of YouTube videos that will get any novice through the whole process well enough to be able to watch movies.
In the few days of using the fire stick, I’ve come up with the following questions. Guess they’ll be the subject of my next posts:
My nephew told me about another method for jail breaking the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The end results of this method is a more user-friendly interface. The video is put out by GoJoe Productions. I’ve used both methods and prefer this one.
One more tip: If you have a questionable internet connection when modifying the Fire Stick, I strongly suggest you use the Wi-Fi signal booster that comes along with the device.
Amazon Fire TV Stick – Working with Kodi, Misfit Mods and Covenant
Felicia (aka Low Tech Grandma) is a wife, mother, grandmother, freelance writer and low tech blogger.
Features of Roku Streaming Stick
- All those people who have a 4K smart TV, Roku 4 seems to be their first choice. Also, Roku is particularly developed for these HD Smart TVs.
- For many popular and favorite TV channels like Netflix and Hulu, there are many shortcut buttons.
- In order to get the videos streamed in the high definition quality, the same can be connected to the WiFi network.
- When it is used with both Exodus and KODI, it turns out to be a killer combination and the entertainment is what that comes guaranteed.
Now, there arises a question that will the roku be used even without installing kodi?