We have aimed to cater to all the lucky iPhone X users who have managed to book and buy the latest Apple model and are seeking to gain information and tips on how import photos to iPhone X from their previous devices.
If you have bought the new iPhone X device, you may have some doubts regarding data transfers and how to go on about it. There is no question that cannot be solved through proper research and consultation. Hence, we bring you some apt methods on how import photos to iPhone X. Your picture memories are important projections of your emotions and moments, and we intend to keep it that way. Through the steps and tricks provided below, you can now have all your important photos, whether on the PC or older devices, transferred easily to your new iPhone X. Your switch to the new iPhone X device will not hamper your photo memories. Read on to know more on how import photos to iPhone X using quick ways and more importantly, without the loss of data.
About New iPhone X:
The iPhone 8 and iPhone X devices are the freshly released model by Apple which are on-demand all over the world. This time, the latest models have been infused with newly introduced augmented reality features, which have attracted a lot of attention worldwide. In addition, the iPhone X model is a surprise bonus model by Apple containing the most futuristic features like the super retina screen, intuitive gestures, artificial intelligence, augmented reality and much more for the user’s ultimate convenience.
In this recent age of innovation in science and technology, we can see a large range of upgrades and trends on fresh gadgets. Such upgrades are tempting, and it is only natural that people would want to update to the latest technology influx to get access to the ultimate and most convenient tools. If you have managed to book the fresh iPhone X on time and are holding it in your hands at this time, then you are a few of the fortunate ones.
We have divided the column into three distinct parts for your reading convenience.
Part 3: How to import photos to iPhone X from old iPhone or iPad through the use of AirDrop?
Besides the dr.fone program, there are also a large variety of methods, by which you can transfer images to iPhone X from previous devices. In this instance, we have taken to utilizing the AirDrop feature. Follow the step below to learn how to import photos to iPhone X using AirDrop.
Step 1: Start by turning on AirDrop feature on both devices used for the transferring.
Step 2: Next, access the application and choose the images, which you want to share.
Step 3: Then tap on the ‘Share‘ button.
Step 4: Then choose phone name of close by Apple device or an AirDrop user, with whom want to transfer the image files.
Step 5: When you have successfully shared your contents a different phone, you will see the ‘Alert notification‘ message on your device. On accepting it, you can initiate the image transfers, which you will be shown in the photos application.
Through this way, you can transfer images using Airdrop.
Additionally, you can make use of the dr.fone program which is easy to use and makes such transferring tasks very easy for you. This program is nowadays instantly recommended to users for performing such tasks. dr.fone – iOS Transfer is the top substitute to iTunes, which can allow you to move any number of desired and valuable data among different devices.
These above methods are highly versatile and easy. After having completed through these parts, you can aptly learn how to import photos to iPhone X using the right tools and steps.
Import photos to your Mac with the Photos app
Apple has set up very easy methods for you to download photos from an iPhone to a Mac. You can use a USB cable to transfer your photos to the built-in Photos app on your Mac. The Photos app used to be the iPhoto app.
To import your photos into Photos:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Open the Photos app. If your Mac doesn’t automatically launch the app, you can either If your Mac doesn’t automatically launch it, you can use these shortcuts. You can go to the Launchpad and click the Photos icon. Or click the Spotlight search icon in the menu bar and type “photos” in the search box.
- Under Devices in the sidebar, you can see your iPhone listed there. Click your iPhone, and you’ll see all the images on your iPhone camera roll.
- Select the images you want to transfer, and then click Import Selected. If you want to download all the images, you can click “Import All New Items”.
Once the transfer is completed, you can see your photos in the Photos section under Library in the sidebar.
Transfer photos to your Mac with AirDrop
AirDrop is another method to share photos directly from the Photos app on your iPhone to your Mac. It’s my favorite way to transfer photos to my Mac because it’s fast, easy, and most importantly, wireless.
To send photos from your iPhone to your Mac with AirDrop:
On your Mac:
- Choose Go > AirDrop from the Finder menu bar, or select AirDrop in the sidebar of a Finder window. If your Bluetooth and WiFi are not turned on, you’ll see a button to turn them on. AirDrop doesn’t require an internet connection for photo transfer. But you need to turn on Bluetooth and WiFi on both devices.
- In the “Allow me to be discovered by“setting option, select Contacts Only or Everyone. This doesn’t matter that much because you’re sending photos from your iPhone to your Mac. Leave this window open until the transfer is done.
On your iPhone:
- Turn on Bluetooth and WiFi.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap Select, and choose the photos you want to share, then tap the Share icon.
- Find the device. Your should see an icon of your name and device (your Mac) in the AirDrop row.
- Tap the device icon (your Mac), and the transfer starts automatically.
When the transfer is completed, you can find your photos in the Downloads folder.
Download your photos to a computer from iCloud.com
There are times when you want to transfer your photos or other documents from your iPhone to a computer but don’t have your MacBook or laptop with you. iCloud.com comes handy for you to download files stored on your iCloud account.
Make sure you have turned on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone (go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos).
To download photos and documents from iCloud.com:.
- Visit iCloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. Do NOT select “Keep me signed in” when you use a public computer.
- Enter the verification code sent to your iPhone.
- If you sign in to iCloud for the first time, you’re asked: “Trust this browser?” Select Not Now if you use a public computer.
- Click Photos.
- Select photos you want to download and click the Download icon.
- Choose [your name] > Sign Out when you’re done. This step is very important when you use a public computer.
Note: you can also download files stored on the iCloud Drive, documents saved on Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.