Are you hoping to conceive a baby boy?
While natural methods for gender selection can never guarantee the result you wish for, there are a few things you can try wich may sway the odds.
In fact, when your preference is for a boy, Mother Nature has already given you a slight advantage: Worldwide, approximately 105 baby boys are born to every 100 girls.
Many of the methods for trying to conceive a boy are also better for your overall fertility than the methods for having a girl, and shouldn’t make it more difficult for you to conceive in the first place.
Other tips for conceiving a baby boy
While Dr. Shettles’ Method remains the reference for trying to influence the gender of your baby naturally, here are a couple bonus tips that the good doctor might not have been aware of:
Tip #4: Eat your breakfast
A British study of the relationship between women’s diets and the gender of their babies found that breakfast cereal was the only food item strongly associated with infant sex: Women who had baby boys consumed more breakfast cereal than those who had baby girls.
The study also found that individual mothers had a greater chance of having baby boys if their overall energy intake was high before they got pregnant. So if you’re hoping to conceive a baby boy, this isn’t the right time to go on a diet, and definitely don’t skip your breakfast.
Bonus tip: Marry a billionaire
If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve already chosen the father of your children, and this tip is coming too late. But if your man happens to be a billionaire who inherited his fortune, you’re in luck: Male billionaire heirs get more male children than the general population, according to a recent study.
Unfortunately, the same isn’t true for self-made billionaires. But if a self-made billionaire was all you got, we’d still recommend that you keep him. You’ll just have to put your faith in Dr. Shettles.
As we have included in the previous article ” How to conceive twins naturally? “, here is the summary of fertilization that you should also understand. This may help if you feel not clear about how a baby girl or baby boy is fertilized in your womb.
Fertilization: The process of fertilization includes complex interactions between egg ( from female) and sperm (from male). In a normal case when a single ovum is fertilized by sperm cell of the male, there, life begins. By which means an offspring is the result of the combination between two cells, male and female. It involves biochemistry and binding and activation of molecular receptors on the sperm head and egg.
The process of fertilization: The process of human fertilization is a complicated one, but the egg and sperm will unite in the long run. Although technical in nature, you could also look at it as a journey to find the perfect match. The egg will sit waiting for one sperm out of up to 150 million that begin the race, and it will merge with that sperm to create human life. While the egg waits, the sperm race and compete to be the first to penetrate the egg. When the one sperm and egg finally meet, electricity fills the air. Seriously, electric signals are released. Although the details may not be so romantic, remember that it is the journey that counts. Human fertilization begins with a woman’s menstrual cycle. This cycle prepares a woman’s body for fertilization. About half way through this cycle, the woman’s body is ready to begin the process of human fertilization. It is at this point that an egg cell is released, or ovulated, into the Fallopian tube. Inside this Fallopian tube, fertilization will take place. Once united, the egg and sperm form a zygote, which contains 46 chromosomes – 23 from the female and 23 from the male, which will ultimately determine the genetic make-up of your child. These chromosomes will determine the sex and physical characteristics of the fetus, and influence personality and intelligence. Chromosomes are tiny threadlike structures that each carry around 2,000 genes. Genes determine a baby’s inherited characteristics, such as hair and eye color, blood group, height, and build. A fertilized egg contains one sex chromosome from its mother and one from its father. The sex chromosome from the egg is always the same and is known as the X chromosome, but the sex chromosome from the sperm may be an X or a Y chromosome.
Sex determination: Genetically the mother has XX chromosomes and the father has XY chromosomes. When a woman conceives she is contributing an X chromosome while the man is contributing either an X or Y chromosome. If he contributes an X chromosome it will be a baby girl but if he contributes a Y chromosome it will be a baby boy. Since the man is carrying a boy and a girl chromosome it is he who is responsible for the gender of the baby. Male sperm is weaker than female sperm and survives for a shorter period of time once released. It needs to get to the egg first and as soon as possible. On a good note, male sperm can swim faster than female sperm. So, if the woman’s fertile mucus is high in quantity, male sperm can be nourished to survive longer.
Noticeable Symptoms Of Baby Boy During Pregnancy
Anyhow, there are some of the noticeable symptoms of a baby boy during pregnancy.
- Tummy positioning: Tummy positioning is one of the common signs that indicates that you will give birth to a baby boy. When you are carrying low, it indicates that you are carrying a baby boy in your womb.
- You don’t have a morning sickness: Unlike getting pregnant with a baby girl, when you are not experiencing the early symptoms of pregnancy like morning sickness, it is a symptom of conceiving a baby boy.
- Heart rate: During routine prenatal checkups, the doctor regularly monitors the heart rate of your unborn baby. If you notice that the heart rate of your baby remains under 140 beats per minute, it could indicate you are pregnant with a baby boy.
- Breast size: During pregnancy, your breasts tend to become larger as they prepare for breast milk supply and nurturing your newborn baby. However, when you conceive a baby boy your right breast becomes bigger than the left one.
- Hair growth: Another common sign to indicate you of getting pregnant with a baby boy is your hair growth rate. When your hair grows faster than the usual rate, it indicates that you are conceiving a baby boy.
- Salty foods cravings: Different from conceiving a baby girl, when you are pregnant with a baby boy, you probably crave for sour foods or salty foods.
- Weight gain: Along with a round belly, the nature of your weight gain significantly indicates that you’re having symptoms of a baby boy during pregnancy. When you carry a baby boy, the extra pounds are mostly visible to your stomach. However, in the case of baby girls, the mother gains weight all over their body including face.