From treating medical ailments to simply providing a relaxing night, marijuana can be beneficial for so many things. But how do you quickly go through a marijuana detox? Read on to find out.
Though legalization and destigmatization are well on its way, you may still be faced with encountering one of the 57% of employers who drug test upon hiring potential candidates. it’s important to learn how to get the weed out quickly.
With that said, it’s important to learn how to get the weed out in an efficient and stress-free manner. With the following hacks, you’ll be well on your way to fast marijuana detox.
Let’s get into it!
File not found. Dilution Method
This method works best for urine tests, because it’ll dilute the concentration of THC metabolites in there. You must have at least 3 days before the test, so you can build up your creatinine by eating a lot of red meat – sorry vegans – and taking supplements.
You must also drink lots of water, so you get rid of toxins, and then, when taking the test, be sure to deposit your urine “midstream”, which is a fancy way of saying that you must pee first into the toilet and then into the cup. Really complex stuff.
Alter Your hair
If someone’s testing the follicles in your hair, you can simply shave it off and claim to be an olympic swimmer, or some sort of athlete. This isn’t a very smart move if the interviewer has already seen you with a head full of hair, so if this is your method of choice, be cautious and consistent. Go to your interview bald. You heard it from us.
Be Wary Of What’s Online
There are a million methods and marijuana detox kits that seem silly at best and dangerous at worst. Don’t fall for them and do your research. Most importantly, if you have a drug test coming up soon, get clean a few weeks in advance and be healthy for a little while. It’s not forever, and it’ll do your body good to take a break and eat right for once.
Marijuana Detox: What You Need to Know
Urinalysis (testing your pee) is the most common method of drug testing within workplaces. These tests determine metabolites, which determine the THC levels in your bloodstream.
Other test methods include a blood test or hair test, though these are more expensive and intensive. As a result, workplaces are much less likely to use them in testing.
THC, the main ingredient tested in marijuana, can remain in your body’s fat tissue for differing amounts of time depending on the following elements:
- Type of test required to take
- Testing levels measured
- Overall amount of THC in your system
You should note that the following methods are all suggestions. Inherently, they are not absolute. Like it or not, the best way to successfully achieve marijuana detox is to abstain from using marijuana.
Abstain from Marijuana
If you know you have an upcoming drug test or you’re actively looking for employment, here’s what you need to know in terms of how long marijuana stays in your system.
Most companies use the standard pee test. THC can be detected in urine between 3 to 80 days, depending on frequency and amount of use.
If you know you’re having a blood test, THC levels typically last between 24 hours to 1 week.
Hair follicle tests, which tend to be the most strict, can detect THC for up to 90 days.
Same Day Cleansers
Just like when you had a pop quiz in school, sometimes life happens, and you’re faced with needing to take an unexpected drug test.
Although this may psychologically stress you out, we promise we have a solution for you! It comes in the form marijuana detox kits. Purchasing a same-day cleanser addresses the urinary tract and produces a clean urine sample.
Purchasing a same-day cleanser addresses the urinary tract and produces a clean urine sample.
With this method, you induce rapid marijuana detox and could pass a drug test within 24 hours. Talk about a win-win!
And, there are marijuana detox method cleansers for all kinds of tests, ranging from urine to hair to saliva.
They come in the form of pills, drinks, body cleaners, and home test kits.
Quantum 9 Recommended Same Day Cleanser
How To Find Them
Be sure to check out a reputable seller before purchasing. You can ask your local head shop employees for assistance. Ask them what they recommend. This is their job, after all, and they should be able to refer you to safe and efficient sellers.
Don’t have a head shop near you? Need something fast and efficient, but maybe don’t feel comfortable walking into a place like that and asking around? Look no further than the Internet! There is an abundance of companies just waiting for your business.
If you order online, most companies ship in discreet packaging, which is obviously beneficial. This is not something you just want to cheap out on!
Remember, if you go this route, this is not something you just want to cheap out on! Invest in quality ingredients for the greatest success in your marijuana detox process.
We’ve all heard the saying desperate times call for desperate measures, right? If this is the case for your marijuana detox, there’s still hope for you!
You may not have time to work out some of the holistic, dilution methods. No problem. This is when fake urine comes in.
Most of the time, employers simply require a drug screen. However, with that said, they won’t actually be in the restroom watching you pee. This is great news for you: all you need to do is use synthetic urine for the sample cup.
Obviously, you will need to be discreet in carrying in the urine (under a coat or in a small handbag will typically work fine).
Make sure you keep the urine sample warm, as labs will likely measure the temperature levels to make sure it matches normal, human body levels.
Microwave the urine and keep it warm with a sealed hand warmer until your testing window. Then, simply urinate as normal into the toilet (as you never know if someone is out the door listening). Swap in the synthetic urine into the sample cup.
It’s important to consider the following situations where fake pee will not work:
- the sample is too hot or cold
- you’re being observed
- you can’t conceal the fake urine
- the test isn’t a urine test!
Quantum 9 Recommended Synthetic Urine
Stay Calm and Marijuana Detox On
Even if you’ve followed all the instructions regarding safe marijuana detox, it’s normal to feel a bit overwhelmed or stressed about your upcoming drug test.
That’s okay! Stress and anxiety are normal reactions to feeling pressured.
But, you don’t want to psych yourself out and make it obvious how anxious you look (this can be a dead giveaway, after all!).
Consider the following tips for keeping a clear mind and positive outlook for your marijuana detox:
- Practice meditative breathing exercises
- Visualize your negative drug test!
- Get plenty of sleep the night before
- Eliminate as many stressors as possible
- Plan something fun to look forward to after the test
- Be courteous to any medical staff/employees
Remember, marijuana detox has plenty of proven methods. You are certainly not the first, last, or only individual to take a drug test!
And, you are certainly not the only one who is worried about having a positive result.
Remember to breathe. Remember to visualize positive thoughts. And, most of all, remember, if you’ve done what you’ve needed to do to safely engage in marijuana detox, you should be absolutely, 100% good to go!
How to Detect THC?
There are many ways to test if THC is still in your system, but the most common way is urine testing. For employers, this is typically the simplest, cheapest, and fastest option.
The only problem with urine testing is that it doesn’t really test for THC, but rather a different chemical called THC-COOH, which is actually a metabolite of THC. THC-COOH is produced when the liver breaks down the THC, and while it may not be such a bad thing, THC-COOH can stay in your body for a much longer period of time than THC, and will thus appear on different drug tests for a longer period of time as well.
Quick Fact: Most employee drug tests actually test for the presence of THC-COOH (a metabolite of THC), rather than THC itself.
Also, did you know that according to the National Drug Court Institute, frequent users of marijuana can expect to test positive for 7-10 days following their last use?
Furthermore, if you smoke cannabis, then know this: Your mouth absorbs THC when you smoke, and it will remain in your saliva for nearly three days after consumption. Studies show THC can be detected in saliva for up to 24-34 hours after marijuana use, even among those who practice excellent oral hygiene.
The duration that THC stays in your system can also depend largely on the following:
- Cannabis Potency
- Frequency of consumption
- Amount consumed
- Testing Used
THC is an amazing substance; it makes us feel good, and recent research has shown promising signs that cannabis may be able to help treat cancerous diseases by altering our genes.
With that in mind, if you are required to take a drug test, make sure you cut back on smoking for a while as the THC-COOH could still be lingering around in your body — often times for much longer than you might expect.
Related Article: 5 Hacks to Increase THC When Growing Weed
Related Article: 5 Best Ways to Pass Marijuana Urine and Blood Tests
The REAL reason Why THC stays in your System
Will employers hire me if I have a marijuana possession charge?
Ultimately, it depends on your specific employer, what kind of job you are seeking, the employers’ hiring policies and other factors in your application.
Factors that may be considered include:
- How long ago you were convicted
- If you are a repeat offender
- How the charge relates to your potential job duties
- Your job history
What kind of jobs will drug test me?
Most any company can drug test its employees and potential employees. That said, some industries are more likely to drug test than others. If you are applying for jobs in these industries, it’s more likely you’ll be drug tested:
- Federal government
- State government
- County government
How do employers test for drugs?
Most employers conduct a urine test, but there are a number of other options businesses may choose, which include:
- Urine test: Urine tests are most frequently used by employers to drug test applicants and employees. You will be asked to pee in a cup, which is then tested. Depending on how much and how often you have marijuana, this test can detect THC in your urine from three to 77 days after your last intake.
- Saliva test: Saliva testing helps to determine recent weed usage and produces accurate results. Saliva testing can detect cannabinoids if you have consumed THC in the past four hours to seven days.
- Blood test: This is the most accurate test, but because it is also the most expensive (and invasive), most companies do not use this method. That said, this test can measure THC in your bloodstream for four to 12 hours post-consumption, but if you’re a heavy user, the evidence may linger in your bloodstream for days.
- Hair test: This test measures the drug metabolites that enter the blood vessels of your scalp. To administer this test, a clump of hair about 1.5 inches long, typically from the back of your head close to the crown, will be cut for the test. And, for the record, you can’t avoid this test by shaving your head as hair from the rest of your body will also work. This test can determine if you’ve smoked weed in approximately 90 days, making this a more thorough test.
- Sweat test: This is a newer method of testing and is rarely used by businesses. For this test, the recipient wears a sweat patch that detects drug metabolites that are excreted through your perspiration for two weeks.
What substances do most businesses test for?
Most businesses test for the big five illicit drugs:
- Amphetamines (meth, speed, crank)
- Cocaine (coke, crack)
- Opiates (heroin, codeine, hydrocodone, morphine)
- Phencyclidine (PCP, angel dust)
That said, many employers also test for alcohol, benzodiazepines, ecstasy, barbiturates and propoxyphene.
How long does weed stay in your urine?
The length of time weed stays in your urine primarily depends on how often you consume cannabinoids and your body. The more you partake, the more the THC accumulates in your cells. As your fat is burned, THC is re-released into your bloodstream, which is why heavy users can test positive for several months after quitting.
These factors determine how fast THC will exit your body:
- Your metabolism
- Body mass index
- How often you smoke/ingest
- How often you exercise
- How much cannabis you consume
- The strength of the cannabis
If you’re a one-time smoker, it typically takes about eight days for your urine sample to clear up. For those who smoke two to four times a week, you can test positive for more than two weeks.
What do people use to pass a drug test if they know they can’t pass on their own?
Many people try the following DIY hacks to get THC out of their system faster:
- Fruit pectin and electrolyte mix: Fruit pectin is a type of fiber made from plants and is often used in jellies. Some people try mixing fruit pectin with an electrolyte drink, like Gatorade, and drinking it a few hours before the drug test. Most of the THC in your body is naturally eliminated through your stool; the fruit pectin fiber binds to the bile in your intestines, and the fiber increases your bowel movements. As a result, the THC is excreted out of your body. This unproven method is neither healthy nor safe, and it certainly isn’t fool-proof. Drinking such a large quantity of pectin is likely to upset your stomach and cause stomach pain and constipation. Your body’s reaction may be severe, and this method isn’t likely to clear the THC out of your body in time for a drug test.
- High-fiber diet: By eating many high-fiber foods like fruits and vegetables for multiple days before your drug test, you can try to clear THC from your body. This a healthier option than ingesting fruit pectin or drinking “detox” diuretics and laxatives, but similarly, this may not be enough to cleanse the THC out of your body in time for you to pass your drug test.
- Exercise: This method hopes to burn fat cells storing the THC through cardio exercise. While this makes sense in theory, as you burn fat containing THC, there is no hard evidence showing that cardio helps you influence a drug test one way or the other.
- “Detox” drinks: These drinks are typically types of diuretics and laxatives that, at least in theory, dilute the urine and remove the THC from your body. As diuretics/laxatives, these drinks are not safe and could seriously upset your stomach and create digestive issues. They are also not a sure way to eliminate THC from your body.
- Sweating: Some believe sweating excessively by sitting in a sauna or wearing heavy clothes can help them release THC through their sweat. That said, most people report this option to be ineffective. Likewise, exposing yourself to intense heat can be dangerous, as it stresses the body and promotes dehydration.
- Midol: Midol is a diuretic that is sometimes used by those trying to urinate the THC out of their system. Again, this method is neither safe nor foolproof. Depending on a number of factors, you may not be able to rid your body of the THC in time.
- Diet Pills: These are also diuretics which will make you go to the bathroom more, but there’s a chance you could test positive for an amphetamine. Remember, diet pills aren’t safe, healthy or effective.
- Synthetic urine: Synthetic urine is a mix of chemicals that mimic the properties of human pee. It comes in multiple forms, including pre-mixed and dried powder. Successfully using synthetic urine takes planning. If you make a mistake, you could easily fail your test. Fake pee is expensive and expires fairly quickly. It’s easy to misjudge the temperature of your fake urine, as most drug tests are temperature sensitive. Synthetic urine is banned in some states, making it illegal to attempt to purchase or use synthetic urine. For instance, in New Hampshire anyone caught using or selling synthetic urines is fined a minimum of $500.
- A friend’s clean urine: Much like synthetic urine, using the urine of a friend, makes you susceptible to temperature inconsistencies. You are relying on a friend to be honest about their drug use as well. If they use prescription or illegal drugs, you will fail the test. Also, there is the gross factor.
- The safest method: The best way to pass a drug test is to stop using cannabis. It’s simple, cost-effective and foolproof. Quitting does not require your body to endure harmful processes to rid your body of THC.
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in your System?
Unlike almost every other illicit substance you can ingest, marijuana likes to stick around for a long time. Bad news for all of us out there that love to smoke up. As a quick review here is the timeframes for the most commonly tested drugs.
- Alcohol: Up to 5 days in urine
- Amphetamines: Up to 3 days in urine
- Cannabis: Up to 30 days in urine
- Cocaine: Up to 4 days in urine
- LSD: Up to 3 days in Urine
- MDMA: Up to 4 days in urine
- Methamphetamine: Up to 6 days in urine
As you can see, pot smokers have it the worst. Cannabis is detectable in urine upwards of 30 days after use! There are even studies showing abnormalities of THC after 40 days. While these are definitely rare occurrences, the heavy pot smoker should be wary.
Depending on the type of test, the timeframe also varies. We’ll dive deep into this information later, but for the time being it’s important to know that there is a massive difference between an oral swab and a hair test.
Hot Tips on How to Get Weed Out of Your System Fast
No matter how you decide to flush THC and THC-COOH from your system, there are a few general pieces of advice to keep in mind:
- Drink tons of water. Don’t stop. Your body can safely handle at least 10 to 15 liters of water a day. Keeping fully hydrated will help dilute your urine, and also dilute the THC and THC-COOH levels.
- Once you start drinking water, don’t be afraid to urinate. The more urine you pass, the more toxins exit your body.
- Keep a few test kits at home. If you are nervous about whether or not you’ll pass at work, you can easily pull out a test and try at home. If you fail, then you know it’s time to pull out the big guns regarding marijuana detoxes.
- Stop smoking immediately after receiving notice of the upcoming drug test. The more time you have, the better.