Trees are a major element in adding splendor, beauty, and shade to a property. However, over time a tree may have to be cut down due to disease or a misfortunate mishap due to extreme weather. When that occurs you also have to deal with the stump that remains.
There are a plethora of methods to rid a tree stump from your property. This can include using natural means such as boiling water or ingredients you may have in the cupboard of your kitchen. It’s really up to you which method you choose.
One way to do the trick is to use bleach. The bleach method takes about four steps.
Tools you will need to perform the project include:
· Cordless Drill· Bleach
1. Drill from five to 10 deep holes in the top of the tree stump with the cordless drill. The actual number of holes you need to drill depends on the size of the stump. Drill the holes randomly around the top of the stump.2. Fill each hole with bleach. To assure that you use enough, allow the bleach to spill out of the hole. However, try to prevent the bleach from getting on any vegetation that surrounds the stump.3. Fill the holes with bleach every day for a week or until the stump starts to rot.
4. Once the stump is soft, simply dig it out from the ground to remove it.
How to Get Rid of Tree Stumps
1. Insert Epsom Salt into the Tree StumpsDrill several holes in the tree stumps using a power drill. These holes should be a quarter of an inch wide. Next, fill the holes with highly concentrated Epsom salt solution. This will speed up the tree stump rotting process. Re-apply the Epsom salt solution every few days until the tree stump starts to rot.
2. Use Rock Salt to Dry Out the WoodAn alternative to Epsom salt is rock salt. Just like method #1, drill a couple of holes in the tree stump then fill the holes with rock salt solution. This method should only be used if you aren’t growing anything within the vicinity of the tree stump.
3. Do a Controlled BurnMake sure you check with local city ordinances to see if it is legal to do a controlled burn. Also, this method should only be used if there’s plenty of open space around the tree stump.
First, drill plenty of deep holes in the tree stumps then fill these holes with combustible materials. Next, use a fire starter to ignite the material. Do not leave the fire unattended. It may take a couple of hours but the tree stump should eventually burn to ash.
If you are in a bit of a hurry to get rid of the tree stump then rent a tree stump grinder from the local home improvement store. You could even use the tree stump grindings as mulch (as long as the tree is not affected by some kind of disease).
- Get Rid of Bamboo Stumps
- Maggots in Trash Can
- Black Mold in Shower
Last Modified on 26/11/2018 | Author: Sam Choan
Organic Lesson © 2015-18 | CONTACT | DISCLAIMER | AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
The information on this site is not intended as a substitute for professional advice or for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.