Hickies are temporary red marks on the skin caused by excessive kissing or sucking – with enough force to break some blood vessels around the surface or under the skin. Hickies are also known as brands of passion, love of manufactures or love bites. These kiss marks can be reached on a portion of the skin, but are commonly seen in the neck area. Its effect is just superficial and never dangerous. It usually takes up to a maximum of 5 days to get rid of hickeys completely. However, you can work to speed up his demise by applying the tips below.
Peppermint can not only be used to heal capillary vessels but also improve blood circulation.
This, in turn, can help reduce the look of a hickey.
How to use:
- Spread peppermint oil along your hickey no more than twice a day.
- Alternatively, spread peppermint-based toothpaste along the hickey affected skin and wash off after a few minutes, once noticeable tingling has ceased.
- These methods are best to be used as soon as you notice a hickey.
Aloe has great anti-inflammatory and soothing ingredients that make it a great treatment to help heal capillaries and reduce the sensitivity of the affected skin.
How to use:
- Spread an even layer of aloe vera gel into the bruise, you can do this 2-3 times daily.
- Alternatively, use any aloe based lotion or cream and apply it for up to two to three times a day.
- Using this method, the hickey should lose its appearance after a day or two.
Vitamin K can help your body absorb pooled blood from your capillaries and take half the time to overall heal your hickey.
It also helps prevent blood clots and is a useful tool for regular bruises.
How to use:
- Spread an even amount of Vitamin K based lotion or cream to the affected area 2-3 times daily, until you no longer notice it.
- Alternatively, consume Vitamin K based food such as fish oil, brown rice, or spinach until you no longer see bruised marks.
- Vitamin K also comes in a pill form for a quicker healing process.
A quite effective way of how to get rid of hickeys is massage.
Massaging the affected area can help to circulate the blood and aid in the healing process.
How to use:
- Massage the affected area with two fingers from the center spiraling towards the edges.
- Continue a few times a day with the help of a warm towel which will help blood circulation.
Healing a hickey required blood clots to break down and circulation to become more active.
This can easily be done by applying a cold compress to the bruise where capillaries will heal and reduce excessive bleeding.
How to use:
- Place a few ice cubes in a ziplock bag and wrap in paper towels. Apply this to your affected skin for 10-15 minutes and repeat for as many times you need daily.
- Place a spoon in your fridge for a half hour and wrap in paper towels, applying it to your skin for 10-15 minutes. Do this for as many times you like until the hickey is no longer noticeable.
With Vitamin C, comes great healing properties.
Vitamin C contains nutrients that can help your body repair its skin, which will ultimately heal your hickey.
How to use:
- After you notice your hickey, drink orange juice. Try drinking at least two glasses daily until you no longer notice the hickey.
- Alternatively, you can take 500-milligram tablets of Vitamin C at least 2-3 times daily until you no longer see your hickey.
- Even after the hickey is gone, feel free to indulge in Vitamin C. It’s healthy for you!
For a hickey that is two or three days old, the best method of how to get rid of a hickey fast is heat.
A warm compress will assist is dilating your capillaries.
It is also quite effective at stimulating circulation by cleaning out the mess and making way for new blood to move in.
If you are unable to use a warm compress, a hair dryer or a heat patch from your local pharmacy will work just as well.
How to use:
- Place a washcloth under hot water until it is completely covered.
- Wring out the extra water so it does not drip all over the place.
- Place it on your hickey for five minutes.
- Repeat this process three times a day for as many days as needed.
This home remedy is most effective when used only a few hours after you received the hickey.
Rubbing alcohol has disinfectant properties which help to heal bruises quickly.
It is also soothing and cooling which will minimize any discomfort for your skin.
How to use:
- Pour some rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball or swab.
- Apply it to your hickey by rubbing it gently on the skin for a few minutes.
- Since rubbing alcohol can dry out your skin, apply a moisturizer to the area directly after you are done.
- Reapply a few times every day for one to two days.
Banana peels can be used in a number of home remedies for skin issues, which includes super useful hickey remedies.
The peels of bananas contain cooling and soothing properties.
This helps to minimize the more visible effects of your hickey.
How to use:
- Remove the peel from a ripe banana.
- Cut the peel down to the size of your hickey.
- Place the inside of the peel against your skin.
- Leave it in place for 10 to 30 minutes depending on severity of the hickey.
- Repeat the process two or three times a day until you see results.
Cocoa butter works wonderfully as a moisturizer for your skin.
It also aids in the process of creating new skin tissue.
The massaging motion used to apply this to the skin also helps to circulate the blood and break up the clot under the skin.
This makes it an incredibly effective way of how to get rid of hickies and other bruises.
If you do not have any cocoa butter, almond oil and olive oil have also proven to be quite effective in the same ways.
How to use:
- Place a warm compress on your hickey.
- Once your skin becomes warm, apply an ample amount of cocoa butter.
- Gently massage it in for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat multiple times a day as necessary.
How to camouflage the hickey
All of the home remedies to get rid of the hickey described above are very effective and speed up the healing process, but you should be aware that no home, pharmaceutical or medical treatment can remove the hickey instantly. If a hickey is not something acceptable in your environment, e.g. at work or if you simply don’t feel comfortable exposing it, try to hide it for the first two to three days, while it’s still highly visible.
Try covering makeup. There are hundreds of products on the market that are designed to cover blemishes and imperfections. The thicker the product is, the better coverage it provides. For a dark red hickey choose an apricot-colored concealer. You might have to apply two or three layers to cover the hickey well, but it should work. Don’t forget to blend it on the surrounding skin so that the makeup looks natural. Otherwise, it will draw attention just like the hickey would.
A roll-neck top should instantly solve the problem of the hickey visibility as it covers at least half of the neck. If a hickey accident happens to you in the summertime and wearing a roll neck is not an option, try a scarf, preferably made of a light, breathing fabric so that you don’t feel tempted to take it off in the middle of a hot, sunny day.
If you have long hair and the hickey is on the side or the back of your neck, then just wear your hair down for w few days, until the skin heals completely. If you are one of those people who constantly play with their hair, try to control yourself so that you don’t accidentally uncover the embarrassing hickey.
How to remove a hickey in seconds?
- Use cold agents to help minimize a dark hickey. Prepare ice cubes and wrap them with a washing cloth. Position gently on the top of the mark. You can also place a spoon on the freezer for about 10 minutes. After that, wrap with a washing cloth. Massage gently up and down the mark until the spoon is still hot. Remember not to press the spoon too hard as it can cause more bruising on the area. Avoid applying ice or a cold agent directly to your skin for this alone can cause ice burns.
- Lightly massage around your hickey. If your hickey is slightly bleeding, allow it to stop and apply a gentle circular massage using your thumb. Be sure to wash your hands before doing the massage. You do not want to end up having an infected hickey.
- Rub the mark lightly with a comb or soft-bristled hairbrush. Just make a slight upward and downward movement of the brush or comb around the area. Do not scratch too much or you will end up having unwanted red stripes around the Brand.
- Apply heat 1 or 2 days after your hickey is out. Get a washcloth and soak it in warm water. Spinning applies on the mark for about 5 minutes approximately 3 times a day. You can also use a tea bag to provide heat, simply re-wet and warm the bag when it’s getting colder. Do not forget to wrap the tea bag with a washing cloth to avoid staining your skin.
- Perform the technique of water and a hot toothbrush. Another application of heat is through the use of a toothbrush with soft bristles. Dip it under hot water and press it to remove drops. Apply a light sweeping motion on the mark. To do this, for about 10 minutes. You can also incorporate this technique with the cold spoon method (please talk to the first step of this method) – start with the cold spoon of the first step and then follow through applying the technique of the toothbrush. Continue to make the alternate cold spoon and technique of the hot toothbrush for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare baking powder, salt and water. Mix all these agents together until it appears pasty. Apply it on your hickey. This mixture promotes the fading of your hickey in no time. Apply this solution each morning before taking a shower and overnight before going to sleep.
- Cover your hickey. This may seem inappropriate for the summer, but if you want to cover an exposed hickey, you must wear a high-necked, long-sleeved turtle or sweater, or even a scarf to prevent others from seeing your love bite. For girls, makeup will do the trick. Just place a light green eye shadow on your hickey to cover the red spot and top it off with a concealer to neutralize the shadow. As for guys, although you can buy a band of gauze and plaster, cover your hickey, and think of a very good story about your fake injury.
Tips and Warnings
- Try to stop just to leave a Hickie on your love.
- Do not give the Hickie too much attention. It could be worse.
What is a hickey
Hickies are skin bruises on neck, face, breast, on your back, lips and on your stomach. It is caused by biting or sucking on skin. Generally people get a hickey during love making which is why hickies are also called as Love Bite or Kiss Mark.
They appear as teeth bite marks or random red dots on neck. When your partner suck on your neck or around your breast it increases the blood flow. Such suction damages the tiny blood vessels and enters into the top layer of skin.
It is not fatal but can be embarrassing in many situations. People tend to find ways to get rid of a hickey in seconds. There are home remedies and DIY tips which help cover or remove hickies instantly. However, covering up is not the optimal solution. Consider this as skin damage and treat it like that.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey Overnight
They are embarrassing and generally causes gossips and breakups. So it is obvious that people want to know how to make a hickey go away overnight. It is a skin condition caused by clotting of blood and demages skin cells. Removing a hickey in seconds is not possible but you can hide it.
How to Hide a Hickey
Use a Scarf: Women can use a scarf to hide hickey on neck. Pick a non transparent scarf and roll it around your neck. Match the scarf with your dress to avoid much attention towards your neck.
Long Hair: If you have long hairs hide the love bites with them. Wear a hair style which covers the area without making it look suspicious. You can keep your hairs open to cover the neck and upper chest.
Diversion Dress: The way you dress is most important way to hide a hickey. You can wear high neck sweatshirts or clothes. Wear a dress which attracts attention towards other body parts such as chest/breast, legs or around your toned midriff.
How to Cover a Hickey
Makeup is the key to cover any marks on body. Women are found of makeup because it makes their skin smooth and attractive. You can cover up a hickey with makeup.
Makeup is best because you don’t have to use scarf or turtle neck to cover your neck. Women are on the safest side because makeup and women goes hand-in-hand (don’t judge).
How to use makeup to cover a hickey:
- Rinse the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Let it get dry naturally for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply yellow corrector directly on affected skin.
- Apply green corrector on outside to cancel the effects of yellow corrector.
- Pick a lighter color foundation as compared to your skin tone.
- Apply the foundation around the hickey to cover it completely.
- For added advantage you can also use concealer on top to cover the hickies effectively.
How to Give a Hickey
These kiss marks or love bites has its own nasty meanings and playfulness. People often want to know how to give a hickey to someone else. These marks are used as personal methods to claim your love territory. People often fall into trouble due to hickies. It is not gender biased any men and women can get them from their partner.
If you are trying to give someone a hickey just know that it hurts. Make sure you are confident in your partner because many people don’t believe that getting a hickey is fun. First of all be considerate that you are giving it to the right partner.
No matter how do you give a hickey to someone, just know that they are going to notice it. It is not any painless skin bruise. It will hurt them and can cause pain for some days.
What are the ways to give a hickey:
- Place your lips on the neck of your partner.
- Make sure to keep your lips apart forming an O shape.
- Gently suck on the skin making sure that your partner is comfortable.
- It will sting if the mood is not right.
- Hold the suction for a while(1-2 minutes) then release.
- You will notice red skin and formation of bruise on neck.
- It will take up-to 10-15 minutes for a hickey to show up.
- The appearance will become darker with time.
- Know that it is an injury to skin.
How to Prevent A Hickey on Neck
Are you getting frequent hickies on neck and chest or areaaround breast. Then its your fault that you are not preventing this from happeing. Generally these skin bruises are formed unknowing while making love. You should know when to stop it, to prevent a hickey.
- Don’t suck on skin for more than 20-30 seconds.
- Avoid kissing on same place repeatedly.
- Ask your partner to be gently while kissing.
- Tell your partner that you don’t want hickies.
- Avoid biting on skin.
- Don’t pull lips and skin while kissing.
- Apply lite pressure while you kiss.
Just being aware of the condition can help you avoid hickies on neck and breast. Be considerate and ask your partner about the situation.
So know you know hot to get rid of a hickey fast and how to remove a hickey. These remedies are effective and many people around the world uses them. It help increase blood circulation and treat bruises fast. It also help reduce inflammation and pain caused due to a hickey.
What Causes Hickey?
What is the real and foremost cause of hickey or bruises isn’t very complicated to be answered.
- When your partner or spouse goes all kinky and tries to show affection by the help of sadist acts like sucking any part of your body and making a mark their because of no blood flow for a certain time, hickeys take place.
- Other ways to get hickeys is when you are not sure about the next step and you suddenly throw yourself on someone and causes bruise unintentionally. It also happens when the partner in bed is more into pain than pleasure.
- According to researchers, men are more active in making or giving hickeys. They are prompt, spontaneous and stern in the compassion for their female partner.
- When they take a portion of skin in their mouths and suck it hard while other bedroom activities, they leave a mark on the body.
- The harder they suck, the deeper hickey would appear which will not go in just few hours. It is also said that men are good in making hickeys and women are good in receiving them. As compared to teenagers, older adults are more prone on getting hickeys. It is because of the thin layer of skin.
Symptoms Of Hickey:
Symptoms of any disease or medical condition makes it easy for people to understand them in a better way. Likewise, hickeys or love bites have some symptoms which can make you recognize if the bruise is due to hickey or any other thing.
- The shape and size is relatively different than any other reason of bruising. It is mostly the size of the area sucked.
- At times, when teeth are hooked on the skin sucked, they leave their mark and makes it visible and less difficult for others to understand the cause of it. This also helps as to the nature of bruising.
- On the funny side, hickeys are usually found and seen in odd places where others might not get bruises. They are in the armpit, shoulder, buttocks and neck. However, other reasons of bruises can be seen on cheeks and less abnormal places.
- Another symptom which determines it of a hickey or a love bite is the timings and discoloration. When a bruise or hickey is fresh it is usually blackish purple. It means that the bite is freshly made. If the color is reddish and not blackish it makes an effect of a day old. However, if it is pale and dim in color the love bite or hickey was made more than 3 days ago.
- Medically speaking, severe sucking or biting onto the skin may make a person paralyze and can lead to very serious condition.
- Swelling, soreness, bumpy elevated skin can be taken as a symptom of love bite – hickey.
- Blood congeals and can lead its way to hematoma.
Also Read How to Get Rid of Heat Rash
Treatment Of Hickey:
Hickey or love bites are common and are also known for the mark of love. At times when they are made or given, days and the meetings or plans fixed for them are not taken into account. But what you should to avoid them or in other words get them treated holds importance in one way or the other.
There are two types of treatment to everything. First one is simply by taking pills or medical treatment. Whereas, second one deals with home remedies. Which one is better and what makes them better is frequently asked. Well, obviously home remedies are more likeable and applied as compared to medical treatments. Some basic formulas which help in treating hickeys by the help of medications are:
- When someone makes a love bite or hickey which intentionally or unintentionally results in pain certain painkillers should be taken. Aspirin is considered good in eliminating pain. Panadol fort can also work as a substitute. If pain is unbearable, you should seek doctor’s help.
- When the love bite has made a cut which is not deep, it should be washed with Dettol or any antibacterial formula and then should be wrapped with a bandage.
- If the cut is deep and it bleeds continuously, the person should go to hospital ASAP. Doctor will see the cut and decide if it needs stitching or not.
- Vitamin K, zinc and Vitamin C helps in prevention from clotting.
- If you think the blood flow is getting heavy and is not as light as it normally is, you should take Excedrin. It helps in smoothening blood around the effected bruised skin.
How Hickeys Work
When someone sucks on your neck, the small blood vessels close to your skin break. Blood seeps out and spreads into the surrounding tissue, collects, and clots, giving you a reddish bruise. It turns dark purple or brown over time. Eventually, the blood dissolves and is reabsorbed, and your hickey disappears. Depending on your body, this usually takes five days to a week, but you can speed up the process.
1. Ice Pack
As soon as you notice your hickey, apply an ice pack or cold compress immediately (within the first 12 hours). The cold will constrict blood vessels, reduce blood flow, and keep your hickey from growing. Press firmly and slowly, and move the ice around to make sure you get all affected areas. Keep the ice on 20 minutes, then off 20 minutes. Repeat as much as possible during the first day.
2. Cold Spoon
Similar to an ice pack, a spoon fresh out of the freezer can reduce blood flow to your hickey. You can also rub or massage the frozen spoon on the hickey area with gentle pressure to break up the blood. Once the spoon is no longer cold, return it to the freezer. Have a few spoons in the freezer so you can switch then out as they get warm.
3. Moist Heat
Once your burst blood vessels have healed, it’s time to get circulation going. If it’s been more than 48 hours, heating up the area can dilate blood vessels, increase blood flow, and help your body to reabsorb, disperse, and remove blood from the area. Place a warm water bottle, towel, or compress on the area for 10 to 20 minutes. The moisture will help the heat to sink beneath the skin. Just make sure it’s not too hot!
4. Massage the Area
After the first 48 hours, massaging your hickey can help to break up blood and promote circulation. Apply a moist heat for a few minutes to open your blood vessels. Then, using gentle pressure, massage in a circular motion starting from the center of the hickey outwards to the surrounding areas. Similar methods say to comb it out with a toothbrush, find toothed comb, coin, lipstick cap, or other objects… but no matter what you use, the concept is the same. Just make sure you don’t massage too hard or scratch the area, which would make it worse.
5. Toothpaste, Medicine, and Creams
Peppermint oil, mint oil, mint-based lotions, and mint toothpaste can help to increase blood circulation. Apply a layer to your hickey. It will begin to tingle, which means its working to stimulate circulation. Once the tingling has stopped, remove the toothpaste with a warm damp towel. This method works well, but should be used sparingly, because it could irritate your skin.
There are also a few medications and creams that can help get rid of a hickey:
- Aspirin, Excedrin, or Caffeine All of these methods help to thin blood, dilate blood vessels, and increase circulation. If it’s been over 48 hours since you got the hickey, these methods can help to reduce the appearance of a hickey
- Vitamin K Cream Used to treat bruises and prevent blood clots by helping your body reabsorb blood.
- Vitamin E Often found in Aloe Vera, Vitamin E can help blood vessels heal within the first 24 – 48 hours.
When you need you hickey to disappear fast and without a trace, professional makeup is your solution. Choose a thick, liquid concealer that is lighter than your skin tone. We recommend Dermablend Tattoo Concealer, or any concealer that is used to cover tattoos and scars.
To make sure the job is done right, before applying your concealer, cover the hickey with green corrector makeup. Hickeys are red, and since green is on the opposite side of the color wheel, using green corrector will immediately make it less visible. Then, use a make up brush to paint your concealer over the outline of your hickey. Make sure your concealer is slightly lighter than your skin tone to help lighten the appearance. Dab the area to spread the concealer around and blend it with your surrounding skin. Finish with a light layer of foundation that matches your skin tone, and check to make sure the area looks blended.
7. Clothing and Accessories
Sometimes, there’s not enough makeup in the world to cover a hickey. So, you’ve got to hide that bitch with anything you’ve got. Sweaters, turtle necks, scarves, hoodies… if you can put it over your neck, wear it. Avoid the gym for a few days, and prepare yourself for class, work, or anywhere you might be expected to take off your winter jacket. But, you can only pull this move off if it’s cold out, or maybe if it’s a chilly day. If it’s summer, you have to get creative. You could put on a bandaid and make up a story, like “I burnt myself with a curling iron”, “I got scratched by my cat”, or something that seems fitting… just hope they don’t ask to see the mark. You can also cover a hickey with your hair, though be careful not to reveal it when moving around. Finally, avoid wearing jewelry that draws attention to your neck, like necklaces and earrings. Opt for chunky bracelets and big rings, or an elaborate shirt that will move their eyes elsewhere.
Use a Cold Compress
If anything comes close to overnight treatment, then it has got to be icing; it is arguably the fastest way to get rid of a hickey marks. A cold compress helps to disperse the blood while constricting the superficial blood capillaries responsible for the bleeding and bruising, thus reducing the appearance of the love bites. This method is however best used ASAP since it is the most effective on new hickies. It is also best used on the neck and face. Try to use it in as fast as an hour or even minutes of getting the love bite.
As regards how to get rid of hickeys with ice, there are two ways to go about it as outlined below:
- Wrap some ice cubes in a small towel – to avoid ice burn – and then place it on the love bites for 15-20 minutes at intervals of 3 to 4 hours throughout the day.
- Alternatively, chill a spoon in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or so and then wrap it in a cloth before patting your love bites with its back side until it loses its coldness. Repeat the frozen spoon home remedy 3 to 5 times until you make the hickeys go away.
Apply a Warm Compress
I see the look on your face right now. I know it sounds just plain contradictory to the cold compress method of love bites removal. Applying heat is beneficial to hickies but is only advisable for those that have been around for a few days, say 2 or 3 days; a guideline of 48 hours or more is typically given for warm compresses.
At his point, the blood capillaries will have healed and closed and the leaked blood is responsible for the appearance of the hickies. Warm compresses help to boost blood circulation and quicken the reabsorption process for the leaked blood. Here is how to get rid of hickeys with a warm compress:
- Soak a small towel in hot water and then wring out the excess water.
- Apply it on your skin until it dissipates all the heat.
- Repeat the process over a period of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finish off by massaging the affected area gently with your fingertips.
Pat with Small Cylindrical Items
This method works by breaking down the blood clots in the bruise. From a lipstick or ChapStick cap to a pen cap, AA battery, name it, any cylindrical object will do the trick. Below is how to get rid of hickeys using this somewhat weird method:
- Place the cylindrical object of your choice on top the love bite.
- Apply slight pressure – not too much to potentially break your skin – and then twist the object as far as your skin can allow.
- Keep the object in the twisted position for a few seconds and then release to allow the object return to its original position.
- Repeat this home remedy over a period of 10 minutes several times throughout the day and your love bite will soon be gone.
Treat the Hickey with a Coin
A coin is yet another effective hickey cure that is very easy to use albeit painful.
- Place your fingers on the margins of the hickey and then pull them apart to stretch the skin around it.
- Now get any coin you can get (penny, nickel, euro etc.) and rub it on the skin as though you are literally scraping the bruise away. Don’t use too much pressure as this might break the skin.
- This method will leave your skin with notable redness but that will disappear in a matter of minutes which is faster than the love bite would have taken to go away.
Rub a Banana Peel
A banana peel is yet another amazing way to get rid of hickies naturally. It helps to soothe and cool the bruise and thus aid in faster healing.
- Cut a small piece out of a banana peel; enough to cover the love bite.
- Place it on the hickey so that the inner surface is in contact with your skin.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use this home remedy 2-3 times daily for effective hickeys removal.
Remove the Hickey with Toothpaste
A lot of people will swear to the effectiveness of toothpaste as a hickeys cure. Mint-flavored toothpaste is reportedly particularly good. Below is how to get rid of hickeys with toothpaste:
- Apply a pinch of toothpaste all over the love bite and then spread it into a thin layer.
- Leave it on until the tingling sensation goes away, then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat the process then next evening, preferably before bedtime.
Massage the Hickey
Although not a quick fix, massaging the love bite helps to break the blood clots and enhance circulation in the area which then increases the rate at which blood is reabsorbed into the body. Here are some of the best ways to use the massage method to cure hickeys marks:
- Warm the bruised area with a small towel that has been dipped in warm water.
- Now massage the area firmly with your fingertips working from the center of the love bite outwards.
- Repeat this home treatment severally in the course of the day for the best hickey healing action.
The soothing effect of rubbing alcohol is also very beneficial to hickeys. It is however best suited for use on hickies that just happened (say in a few minutes or a couple hours). Below is how to get rid of hickeys with rubbing alcohol:
- Soak a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol.
- Rub it into bruised area for a couple minutes.
- Finish off by applying moisturizer (lotion or cream) on the treatment area to curb the drying effect of rubbing alcohol.
- Use this home remedy 2 to 3 times each day over the course of 1-2 days and you will say bye to love bites.
All these home remedies for hickeys are known to get rid of the love bites effectively but don’t expect instant results; none of them is guaranteed to completely remove the bruise overnight but you are very likely to notice significant change within a short time of use. If anything, healing a love bite in a couple days is better than waiting a week or two. In case of a giant hickeys however, those that make you feel really uncomfortable, you may want to consider using makeup to hide them.
How To Get Rid Of A Hickey
1. Cold Compress
You Will Need
- Ice cubes
- Metallic spoons (alternative for ice cubes and towel)
1. Place some ice cubes in your towel.
2. Press gently on the affected area for about 10 minutes. Cold compress puts pressure on the broken blood capillaries and as a result bleeding is reduced. The ice will also help relieve any pain you might be feeling, though hickeys are generally not painful.
3. Ensure you avoid direct placement of ice on the skin. It can lead to ice burn.
4. Alternatively, you can place a metallic spoon in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Take out, wrap with a cloth and rub on the affected area with a gentle press.
2. Aloe Vera
You Will Need
1. Rub Aloe Vera extract of area2. Massage in twice or thrice daily
You Will Need
- Orange juice
- Orange fruit
1. Immediately you notice a hickey, drink fresh orange juice.2. Or you can use an orange pack on the hickey.
You Will Need
Any essential oil.
1. Apply the oil on affected area.2. Place 2 fingers on the affected area.3. Rub in circular motion in a direction for 2 to 3 minutes.4. Change direction and continue to rub.
5. It should be rubbed firmly.