Staying in shape and looking smart go hand in hand with hard work. Especially when you have a body that loves to give home to those sticky fats. It takes a few munches out of the line to gain weight but losing those few pounds could stretch over the months. The tedious task of burning that stubborn fat is best done by setting a workout routine. But the thing to keep in mind in here is to stay consistent with the workout; either you spare five minutes for it or an hour, keep it on daily basis. Be it a morning walk or a night stroll, biking or swimming, gym workout or a few crunches in your living room, consistency is the key.
When we talk about weight gain and fats, we come across the fact that women all around the world have a higher tendency to gain weight compared to men, owing to the factors of childbirth and excessive hormonal changes in their bodies. Once the fat accumulates, it becomes hard to lose and the worry starts.
The first thing a woman should know is to love her body no matter how fat she is, hating yourself is not the solution. Obesity and excessive weight invite a number of diseases and malfunctions in the body, as it affects the efficiency of the organs; diabetes and hypertension are top of them. A healthy body is much more important than a beautiful body and luckily it is no more a dream now.
Related: human studies for cumin
Fat burning workouts for women at home
Mentioned below are five simple, yet promising fat burning exercises for women that would give your metabolism a boost, are easy to practice and could be done at home without any instructor. If you keep following these five basic exercises with consistency and diet control, you can lose weight fast and get fit in even lesser time. All these cardio workouts could be done at home easily as they do not require any equipment. You could practice them during cooking or laundry washing as well. All you need is the motivation to stay in shape.
- Skip off that stubborn fat with rope: Rope skipping is known to be one of the oldest forms of cardio that boosts metabolism and increases blood flow, helping you burn calories and lose pounds. Make sure to stay light on your feet and stretch your arms, working through your wrists while jumping and inhaling. Exhale on the way down to the ground and repeat the whole thing again and keep increasing the count every day a little.
- Crunch away the saggy belly: Women with heavy fat on their tummies feel the crunches to be the easiest workout, probably because you get to lay down in this workout, who knows. Lie down on your back, stretch your legs to their full, tuck your tummy in as much as you can, put your both hands under your head, head facing the sky. Now lift your neck and put full pressure on the tummy while you do so. This will help squeeze your upper tummy. Make several repetitions.
- Pedal off the abdominal fat: Cycling does not only help get your tummy tucked, it affects your whole body and helps build up the muscle, increases your stamina and strengthens your heart. If cycling in outdoor is not a feasible option for you, then that living room rug of yours could help you a lot. Just lie down on your back, lift your legs bent at the knee, both hands behind your head, lift your head and start pedalling your feet in the air. You will feel the involvement of the whole lower body in this workout which is promising for weight loss.
- Jump to pump the heart: Turn the beat high on the stereo and start jumping on your feet, let the energy in your arms swing out, jump, kick, punch the air and make your heart beat faster. This is the most enjoyable workout. Open your legs in the air, twist the feet, enjoy the beat and bring on the heat.
- Jogging off those muffin cups: Jogging too is known to be the simplest yet one of the best ways to lose belly fat. All you need to do is to find a place in the house where you could make a little run job easily. Now inhale and start jogging forwards, taking little steps while moving your arms in a cycling motion. Once you get in a flow, start leaping a bit faster.
Related: side effects of fast weight loss
Trouble-free fat burning exercises for women in gym
The women who get to the gym for a workout, have one major advantage over the women who workout at home, which is a company. Being alone at home for the workout does not give you the motivation that you get at the gym. If you want to know how to lose stomach fat at gym faster, just get a friend along to gym and you both will keep each other motivated for weight loss. The effective weight burning workouts at the gym also depend majorly on the availability of required equipment.
If you wish to build up some muscle along with losing weight, start lifting weights. Pick little weights at the beginning and then increase with time. Set a routine for the gym and give yourself some rest days too. This will help you not to get bored of the same routine each day.
Elliptical Trainer: it is a stationary machine which imitates the staircase movement. It could be used for running, jogging and brisk walk. As it does not exert extensive pressure as that of a treadmill, starting with this basic machine would be enjoyable too.
Treadmill: Treadmill is a gym trainer that is designed mainly for running and jogging. Having a heavy belt at the foot that you have to push backwards with extensive force, the mill helps your muscle get build up in the legs and helps reduce the body fat.
Benches: once inside the gym, you will find a number of benches along the weights. Each bench is designed to facilitate fat burning. For every specific bench, you gym trainer will instruct you differently. Get the tummy tucker and burn fat on belly.
Ball: Those colorful huge balls in the gym are great for losing tummy fat. Lying down on them or using them in aerobics will boost up your weight loss process.
Related: low carb diet review
Fat burning foods for women – Food that helps to lose your pounds!
If you love to eat and run away from any weight loss programs just because you can’t starve yourself, here is the good news for you. You can eat as much as you like even for the weight loss. But change the choice of foods towards healthy and nutritious ones. You would be amazed to know that there are several foods that target your belly fat directly and help tighten the tummy. Here at MassGainSource we have compiled a list of 7 fat burning foods for women that are not only nutritious but also aid remarkably in tummy tucking.
- Grape Fruit: Top on our list here is the grapefruit-undoubtedly a magical fruit. It helps lower the insulin levels in the body which in turn promotes weight loss and a fast metabolism.
- Lemon: Not only would lemon help you look slimmer, it would help you look prettier too as it helps increase the metabolism of the body and brings a natural glow to the skin making you look younger.
- Watermelon: The role of the watermelon in weight loss is even prettier than its looks. The excess amount of water in watermelon promotes digestion and helps you feel lighter. From now on, try snacking on watermelon in place of pizza.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in protein, they kick-start your metabolism and keep your tummy feel full.
- Green Tea: This natural tea has known for its wonders in the field of weight loss. Helping one’s body get rid of toxins and keep you energised for the whole day, replacing your soft drinks with green tea could be marvellous.
- Pineapple: Like watermelon, pineapple is rich in its water content and low in calories. Take it in the form of plain juice or add other fruits to make a punch, this fruit would help tighten that saggy tummy a lot.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is the best kind of salad too and helps burn fat since its 80% water. Water increases the metabolic activity of the body and helps you lose fast.
Plain water…not so plain!
Drinking plenty of water helps a lot in weight loss; it keeps the body hydrated and helps a lot to digest food. The more water you take in, the higher will be the metabolism in your body. Drinking water on an empty stomach is known for its remarkable weight loss effects. Drinking a glass of water right before you start meal helps you feel full earlier and keeps your hand off the plate. Wherever you go, keep a small bottle of water along with you. Drink, refill and lose.
Crunches Don’t Work, Either
As you probably have already surmised, crunches – and most other conventional abdominal exercises, for that matter – aren’t the best exercises to flatten stomach muscles.
That’s because spot reducing – or exercising just a small amount of muscle at a time – isn’t effective.
When you do spot training, the working muscle does not burn the surrounding fat for fuel. Instead, fat is burned all over the body, based on genetics, age, gender and a host of other factors.
Researchers have repeatedly debunked the idea of spot reduction, but there’s one study from the University of Massachusetts that I particularly like (2).
For the study, 13 male volunteers were asked to perform a total of 5,000 sit-ups over the course of 27 days. On average, that’s about 185 sit-ups each day, every day.
If spot training worked, the subjects would have lost a considerable amount of fat from just their abdomen. But that’s not what happened.
Instead, the subjects lost weight equally across the entire body – as demonstrated by fat biopsies in the upper back, abdomen and butt before and after the trial.
Why does that matter? Because if sport training doesn’t work – and it doesn’t – then in order to get a flat stomach, you need to loss weight throughout your body. And crunches are a terrible way to do that.
Compared to other muscle groups, your abs are pretty small. Which means that they can operate on much less fuel than, say, your leg muscles.
If you’re trying to find the most effective way to burn through large amount of body fat, you’re going to want to activate as many muscle fibers as possible in the shortest amount of time.
The Best Exercises To Flatten Your Stomach
So, if the old-school cardio/crunch approach doesn’t work, what should you do?
Let’s start with replacing those long, slow cardio sessions with something a little more exciting: high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
[Related: How to Do Interval Training (The Right Way)]
Why? First, because HIIT burns more calories in a shorter period of time, and it also helps spare your muscle, which is really important not only for your health but also for your metabolism (3).
Muscle burns slightly more calories at rest than other body tissues, so the more muscle you have, the better.
Now that we’re clear on how great it is, how can you get started with HIIT?
There are numerous different HIIT protocols out there but they all have a basic principle in common: Periods of high-intensity work are broken up by chunks of active recovery.
In its most basic form, a HIIT workout might look like this:
- Sprint – 1 minute
- Jog or walk – 2 minutes
- Repeat for 20 minutes total
Total Body Exercises For A Flat Stomach
Because spot reduction doesn’t work, we need to burn fat across your entire body, and picking the right exercises to do that goes a long way to get you to your goals.
The best way to do that – to turn your body into a fat-burning furnace – is to activate your largest muscle groups, using big lifts against heavy resistance.
Key exercises include:
- Bent-over Rows
- Overhead Press
- Bench Press
[Related: The 19 Best Glute Exercises of All Time (The Definitive Guide)]
Do you see the common link between all of these exercises? They all work numerous muscles, with lots of focus on your biggest, hungriest groups.
Take the squat, for example. Of course, the large muscles of your thighs are carrying most of the weight but they aren’t alone. Your entire core – including your back, stomach, hips, and shoulders – has to work to keep you upright and stable throughout the movement.
What about the bench press? Yes, your pecs are working hard to lift that bar but your triceps are also working to support those efforts. Your biceps and shoulders also help as stabilizers. Even your core is tight, trying to keep you balanced.
If you’re limited to bodyweight exercises, the same principle can be applied. Exercises like squats, pushups, and pullups all activate lots of muscle fibers all at once.
Even though these exercises all use your core to keep your body stable, you might also want to layer in some specific core and ab exercises to keep the area strong.
If you think about how your core works on an average day, its primary function is stability – something it mostly accomplishes through isometric contractions. An effective ab workout would focus on exercises that improve your stability, strengthen your core, and mimic movements that your core has to do in the real-world.
Here are a few prime examples of useful, effective ab exercises:
- Side Plank
- Mountain Climbers
Put It Together for a Flat Stomach
Combining high-intensity interval training, resistance training working your major muscle groups, and functional core exercises won’t just get you a flatter stomach – it’ll get you a fitter, healthier, and stronger body.
And when you combine those three tactics with a healthy, clean diet, your results will only be accelerated.
More Ab-Flattening Tricks
Want to know even more about how to flatten your abs?
Discover 7 unknown ways to lose stomach fat and get flat, toned abs – for FREE! Download my Abs Secret Blueprint now by clicking the banner below.