You might want to ask, how do you gameshare on xbox one. In this post, I will show you how to gameshare on Xbox One. Gamesharing is a great way to save money on gaming.
Game Sharing simply means you and your friend take turns in buying Xbox one games while both of you have access to the games by switching your home Xbox.
The advantage is that when you share a digital games (unlike physical disc), both of you, yourself and your buddy can play the same game at the same time.
How to Setup Xbox One Game Sharing
- Find a friend that loves to buy his/her video games digitally. This only works for digitally purchased games so games you have on disc will not be downloadable by the other Xbox.
- Find a friend that you trust with your passwords, or that you can meet in-person to sign-in on their Xbox One. In order to setup gamesharing, your Gamertag must be setup on both Xbox One’s (and subsequently, your friends Gamertag has to be setup on both as well), so I wouldn’t just try to game share with a stranger on the internet, as you have to give this person your password in order to set this up.
- ADD NEW account to your Xbox One and sign-in with your friend’s Gamertag and password.
- Make sure you are SIGNED-IN as your friend.
- Go to SETTINGS > MY XBOX > MY HOME XBOX and select “Make this my Home Xbox”. This will set your friend’s Gamertag/Xbox as your “Home Xbox”, thus giving you access to all of his digital game purchases.
- Have your friend repeat steps 3 – 5 on their Xbox One using your Gamertag and password.
- Once you’ve set the “Home Xbox” on an individual console, you can log out of your friends Gamertag (or have your friend log out of yours), and you can log back into your own.
- All of your available games (both you and your friend’s) will then appear in the “READY TO INSTALL” section of the “MY GAMES & APPS” screen.
Once you’ve setup everything outlined in the steps above you can download and install any of the games purchased by you and your friend to either console and you will be able to play it as if you purchased the game yourself.
1) One quick note is that if either one of the accounts being shared has PS Plus active subscription then both users will be able to take advantage of that. For example, you have a 12 month PS Plus membership but your friend/family member does not. Once you put YOUR account as primary on HIS/HER PS4 then HE/SHE will have access to your PS Plus. This happens because ANY account on the PS4 that YOUR account is Primary on and has an active PS Plus Membership will have access to everything PS Plus has to offer BESIDES being able to download the free games each month. So that means since YOUR account is PRIMARY on your Friend/Family Member PS4, once HE/SHE signs in to THEIR account on THEIR PS4 they will be able to play online since YOUR account is PRIMARY and has an ACTIVE Plus subscription. Now what you will do is just sign in to YOUR PS4 using YOUR account and now you will be playing on YOUR account and have Plus for YOUR games. For the free games each month, you will need to do the steps listed above for those games. So if you use web/app you would go to the Plus section and click “purchase” for the free games and then go to download list and press the “download to your PS4” option which will start the download of those games to your friend/family member PS4. To get the games on YOUR PS4, you would just need to sign in to your account on YOUR PS4 and go to Library and then Purchased or PlayStation Plus and download those games.
I hope this helps answer any questions you may have regarding this process. It’s a pretty lengthy guide but I wanted to make sure I covered each way you could do the games. My advice is talk with your GameShare buddy and find out which way works best for the both of you and pick that path. It will be vital that each of you discuss the options and work out a situation that is going to benefit each of you so there will be no hard feelings or misuse of the accounts. If there are any unanswered questions or you need more clarification on any of the steps listed, please feel free to comment on this article or reach me on Twitter. I will be more than happy to help you through whatever problems you may be having.
Follow Us On Social Media
I am a gamer of over 30+ years. I started back when the PONG console was out and have been gaming ever since. I primarily play on PS4 but also do play on Xbox One as well. I am a husband and a father of 5, along with a beautiful granddaughter whom we are adopting. Life is great and gaming is too. (PSN ID: RAMB0_ALLSTAR)
What is Game sharing?
Game sharing is an added feature on your Xbox One that allows you to share all your digital games as well as Xbox Live Gold with one of your trusted friend.
Two of you can then share games with each other and play all the titles available on your game library.
Before you gameshare on Xbox One, here are the few things you need…
- An Xbox one console
- Xbox Live account
- Make sure you have paid all the outstanding balance on your Xbox subscription. Also, make sure that your payment option (credit / debit card) has not expired or no longer valid.
- A trusted friend or a family member. Your partner will need to share his or her Xbox Live password with you or they can sign-in themselves on your Xbox one console.
- Find a trusted partner whom you want to share game titles with. Once you have one, obtain his or her Xbox Live Login details (Username and password) or invite your partner to come over so that he or she can sign-in to your Xbox one console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. See How to sync Xbox one controller with Xbox One Console. Scroll the tab with a player icon and select Add new.
- Enter the email address and password of your partner’s Xbox Live account.
- Press the Xbox Button to open the guide once again, then scroll to to the gear tab and select Settings.
- Go to Personalization > My home Xbox and Select Make this my home Xbox.
- Visit My Games & apps from your home screen (even from your own account) and you’ll find all the games your friend owns on the Ready to install tab. Select one to download it.
- Tell your partner to the do the same process on his or her Xbox console, then two of you are ready to gameshare on Xbox one.
Unfortunately, as at now, Xbox only allow gameshare with only two people. I will update this article when I can find the tricks on how to gameshare on xbox one with more than one person.
You will definitely need home Xbox to start gamesharing. With home Xbox you can share games and other downloadable content purchased from Microsoft Store with anyone else who signs in on your console. You can also sShare your Xbox Live Gold subscription with anyone else who signs in on your console.
Do not gameshare with someone you don’t trust. Providing someone with your account login information information allow them access to your payment information attached to your account. This mean that they could go on a spending rampage on the Microsoft Store.
To be on the safe-side, I will advise you to change your password if you don’t really trust the person you are gamesharing with. You can change your passwords and gamesharing will still work fine but don’t change the Home Xbox setting and you’ll be fine.
That is it on how to gameshare on Xbox One. Hope the article was helpful to you.
Kindly share it and see more related articles below.