It is the biggest fear of every woman: You finally get your nails to the perfect length and then, OUCH! One nail breaks and you’ve got to cut all of them back and start over again. Sounds familiar?
We have the perfect nail repair solution for you: nail glue!
The glue helps keep the nail together and intact while it continues to grow out.
How to do it:
- First, wash your hands and dry well with a clean towel.
- Soak the detached nail in warm water to make it pliable.
- Apply nail glue to the torn nail with a toothpick and spread it over one side of the broken nail, creating a thin coat of adhesive (you can also use super glue, but be careful!). Do not touch the glue with your finger
- Press the nail into place. Use the tip of the toothpick to ease the broken portion of the nail back into place. Press down on the nail with firm, even pressure, using the side of the toothpick. Apply pressure for at least 1 minute.
- Before the glue finishes drying completely, wipe off excess glue with a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover.
- After the glue has finished drying, file the nail to look even.
Back to Overview
Learn How To Fix Broken Nails Fast And Easy
Figuring out how to fix broken nails can be annoying especially if you’re trying to grow long, beautiful nails. While using nail glue, gel or silk paper are effective methods, there are also a lot of steps to remember and follow. For busy people like me, I would like to fix my broken nails in the shortest time possible.
Learn how to fix broken nails in just under a minute with this tutorial! You can grow long, beautiful nails confidently with this tip!
What you’ll need to fix your broken nails:
- Acrylic powder and liquid
- Nail Brush
- Clear base coat polish
Step 1: Prepare Acrylic Powder And Liquid
All you need to fix your broken nail is some acrylic powder and liquid, as well as a small brush. You also should prepare a base coat to protect your nails after fixing. Make sure to use the clear powder.
Don’t have acrylic powder and liquid at home? I found a complete starter kit at Amazon.
Step 2: How Much Acrylic Powder To Use?
You don’t need a lot of the acrylic powder or liquid, just a small amount to fix your nail. Dip your brush into the liquid, making sure to get rid of any excess to avoid a mess. Then, dip the wet brush into the acrylic powder. Don’t take too much of the powder, just enough to create a small round ball.
Step 3: Apply On The Broken Nail
Apply the ball of acrylic right on top of your broken nail and quickly spread it around. You don’t have to cover the entire nail but make sure it’s thin enough to avoid any bumps. However, if you put too much, the acrylic will peel off. It should be thinly spread out but also strong enough to glue your broken nail together.
If the acrylic dried up before you could spread it out, add more of the liquid to soften it up a bit. Once it dries, just buff up the surface to even out any bumps.
Additional tip: Apply a base coat to strengthen your nails more!
Learn how to fix broken nails fast with this video tutorial from Lily Zhen.
Now you know how to fix broken nails in just a minute! Applying the acrylic can last up to 5 days, depending on the chores you do use your hands.
Have you tried fixing your nails with this method? How did it go? I’d love to hear your thoughts, please share them with me in the comments section below.
Learning how to fix broken nails aside, you should also keep your nails strong! Learn how to grow strong nails here.
Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
*Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on August 2016 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Featured image via Good Housekeeping