by admin / May 11, 2015 / No Comments
Here is a step-by-step manual on how to drop a pin in Google Maps for your business. This is an important step in your digital marketing strategy which allows people to find you in the real world. Consider that 97% of the people are looking online to find the nearest brick-and-mortar shop!
1. Login to your Gmail Account2. Click on the Google maps icon in menu.3. Click on my custom maps (See below screen where)4. Select Create where pencil is to start a new map5. Click where it says untitled map and a pop up window will appear and fill in the name of the map and the reference for it likes below.6. Type into the tool bar the location you want to find. Your address of the property in your case.7. Check the icon button which says “add marker” then a new pop up will appear and you fill in the details as appropriate for your map and any other information you wish to have on your map. A + symbol will appear and then click on the map to select the point you wish to reference. Alternatively you can choose the existing market if the position is correct for usage.8. Click on the bucket of paint to select new icon
9. Click on the pin icon and then more icons and then a pop up window will appear like below screen.
The icon will appear in the popup menu. Be sure to select the Icon in the menu and only then click ok. Then click on the green share button in right hand corner. Make sure you do this otherwise it will not appear on the map.
11. Then click on “Change”
12. Click on radio button “Public on the web” and save
The click on the folder in the top left hand corner and select in drop down menu
14. Copy the code and paste it into the website details where you wish it to appear
15. Paste into your code onto your website – or check with your web developer – this same folder icon to create a new map or delete a map etc
Contact CDG Brand if you have any queries. Article written by Paul Mc Cann Founder and President of CDG Brand.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps:
- Open the Google maps app on your mobile phone
- Search for your desired location area and then use zoom in- zoom out to narrow down your search.
- Once you find your desired location, Tap and hold the screen on that location.
- This will drop a pin and bring-up the pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “Dropped Pin”, this will bring up the option like “Directions”, “Save”, “Label” and “Share”.
- You can either save the location or can share it with your friends. You can even start the navigation directly by tapping on “Directions”.
Read: Top 5 Powerful Laptops for Students
This feature of Google Maps is very helpful for saving the locations for quickly finding the same location next time. There are times when we travel to a remote location which are quite difficult to find on Maps. In this case, whenever we visit the place, we can drop a pin and save that location. So, whenever we want to visit that place again we don’t have to remember the route, we can directly navigate to that location by using the earlier dropped pin.
Read: How to Use Siri with Podcast for News Briefing
Let me know how you use the drop a pin on google maps feature? Share your travel stories in the comment section below.
Enjoyed reading this article? You may also want to check out other articles on the Digital Wiser.
Read: How to Fix Water Damaged Phone-[Life Saver]
Swapnil is web and tech geek. He loves to explore about technology and blogging. Feel free to get in touch with me.