This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to install Kodi on Firestick (Fire TV Stick), Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube. This process will also work on Fire TV televisions.
This guide also works great for the new Fire TV Stick 4K, which was released on October 31st, 2018.
Kodi on Firestick or Fire TV will allow you to watch free movies, TV shows, live channels, sports, Pay Per View events and more.
Kodi is listed as one of the Best APK’s by TROYPOINT.
This page is continually updated and will always provide relevant guides with the most recent stable release of Kodi. As of today, Kodi 17.6 Krypton is the stable version and Kodi 18 Leia is currently in development.
Although Kodi 18 is still being worked on by the developers, you can still install the beta version on your Firestick or Fire TV if you would like to test it out.
I suggest using Kodi 17.6 Krypton on your primary streaming devices until Kodi 18 Leia is considered a stable release.
I have developed 5 different guides to install Kodi on Firestick and the Fire TV, which are outlined below.
In my opinion, the first method is the easiest since you don’t need a computer and it takes less than 2 minutes to complete.
The following methods work on all devices; 1st Generation Fire TV, 1st Generation Fire TV Stick, 2nd Generation Fire TV, 2nd Generation Fire TV Stick, Fire TV 3, and Fire TV Cube.
If you prefer a screenshot tutorial, you may find that below the video tutorial.
TROYPOINT Tip: You should always use a VPN to protect your identity and security when streaming free movies and TV shows with third party Kodi addons such as this.
Other Popular Methods Of Installing Kodi On Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube
Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube with ES Explorer
Step 1 – Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources within Fire TV Settings
Step 2 – Install ES File Explorer through App Store & open it
Step 3 – Input https://troypoint.com/kodistable into the URL box
Step 4 – Click the Download button and Kodi will download
Step 5 – Click the install button on the screen and Kodi will install
Refer to the video tutorial below for detailed instructions that take you through every step. Below the video is a short summary of what I teach in the tutorial.
Video – How To Install Kodi On Fire TV or Stick With ES Explorer
Install Kodi On Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube with FireDL
Step 1 – Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources in Fire TV Settings
Step 2 – Install FireDL from Amazon App Store
Step 3 – Launch FireDL
Step 4 – Type 600003 into FireDL to install Kodi
Be sure to watch the video below for detailed instructions. The information below the video provides a general synopsis of steps taken throughout the tutorial.
IMPORTANT: THE NEW CODE TO TYPE INTO FIREDL TO INSTALL KODI IS 600003
Video – How To Install Kodi On Fire TV or Firestick With FireDL
Install Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube with Apps2Fire
Step 1 – Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources in Fire TV Settings
Step 2 – Go into About tab and write down IP address of Fire TV
Step 3 – Install Apps2Fire & Kodi on Android phone or tablet through Google Play
Step 4 – Input the IP address of your Fire TV into Apps2Fire
Step 5 – Choose Kodi from the list of apps to install
The video below will provide detailed steps on how to install Kodi on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick with Apps2Fire. Steps below video will provide general outline of what video covers.
Video – How To Install Kodi On Fire TV or Fire TV Stick With Apps2Fire
Install Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube with AppStarter
Step 1 – Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources in Settings
Step 2 – Install Downloader application from the app store and open it
Step 3 – Input https://troypoint.com/as into Downloader URL box to install AppStarter
Step 4 – Launch AppStarter
Step 5 – Click the Updates button on the left side of AppStarter
Step 6 – Click the Install Button on the right-hand side of where it displays Kodi
Please refer to the video below for detailed instructions on this process. The steps outlined below the video only provide a general summary of tasks completed within the video.
Video – How To Install Kodi On Fire TV or Firestick With AppStarter
TROYPOINT suggests protecting yourself with a VPN when using Kodi to ensure that your Internet Service Provider and/or government isn’t logging your streaming activity. Use the link below to install a VPN on your Fire TV or Firestick.
Install VPN On Firestick or Fire TV
You may ask what is a Fire TV, Firestick, Fire TV Cube? A Fire TV device is a streaming media box manufactured by Amazon that you hook up to your television and it allows you to watch online tv shows, movies, etc. The Fire TV Stick does the same thing as the box but it is less expensive and easier to conceal than the actual rectangular box.
If you are trying to decide whether you want to install Kodi on a Fire TV device, here are a few things to consider. The Fire TV Stick has less processing power so it won’t be as snappy as the Fire TV or Fire TV Cube.
If you don’t currently own an Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube, you may purchase through the Amazon Web site via links here – Fire TV – Fire TV Cube – Fire TV Stick
Why would want to install Kodi on Fire TV or Firestick? Because there are endless addons that will provide free entertainment that you would normally pay for.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDEDownloaded by over 400,000 Kodi users
Kodi doesn’t do much without the popular 3rd party addons that provide free movies, TV shows, live channels, sports and more.
Install the best Kodi addons with the click of a button by using my free Supercharge Kodi guide.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDEPlease follow and like us:
How to Download Kodi On Firestick
Before you begin, go to Settings>Device>Developer Options and turn “ON” ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources. Then you must download and install ES File Explorer so you can install Kodi on Firestick device. Here’s what you need to do:
Install ES File Explorer on Firestick
To download Kodi on Amazon Firestick you need ES File Explorer app. To do that, simply follow these steps:
- Go to your Fire TV, choose Settings then System and finally, Developer Options.
- Make sure to turn on Allow apps from unknown sources.
- In the main menu of Amazon Fire Stick, click on the Search box.
- In the box therein type ES Explorer.
- Now choose ES Explorer app icon for downloading and install it.
- Initiate the ES Explorer app
That’s it! You have successfully completed the first step to get Kodi on Firestick. Now you must put Kodi on Firestick using the ES Explorer app that you just downloaded and installed. Here’s what you need to do to get Kodi for Firestick.
How To Install Kodi On Amazon Fire Stick Using Downloader
Here’s what you need to do:
- Access your Fire TV, go to Settings then Device and Developer Options.
- Make sure to Allow apps from Unknown Sources
- Now head to the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, select Search.
- In the box type Downloader.
- Choose the Downloader app icon to initiate download the installation will start.
- Downloader app.
- In the Downloader app main menu, enter the desired URL: https://kodi.tv/download
- Hit ‘Go’.
- The concerned installation file will now start downloading.
- In the meantime, Kodi app download will be in progress and once completed, select install to get it set up on Amazon Fire TV.
- Voila, you can open the Kodi app on your FireStick!
After you are done installing Kodi on Fire TV Stick, simply return to the home screen and scroll down to Your Apps & Games. You will find the Kodi icon on the list. Click on the icon to launch Kodi on FireTV Stick.
How To Install Kodi On Firestick With PC
With our assistance, you can even setup Kodi on Fire Stick device with PC. All you have to do is follow these quick and simple steps:
How To Install Kodi On Firestick Using Windows
If you have a Windows PC then this is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings>System>Developer Options and enable Apps from unknown sources and ADB Debugging
- Return to home screen and go to Settings>System>About to note down your IP Adress
- Now download Adblink for Windows from http://jocala.com/
- Download ARM APK file from https://kodi.tv/
- Launch Adblink and click on New button
- In the Description field, type in a random name for your reference
- In the Address field, enter the IP of your FireTV
- Click Save and then Connect
- You will now be able to see your FireTV IP address in Connected Devices
- Click the Install APK button and then select Kodi APK
- Click Open, then Confirm
- Now go to Apps to locate the Kodi app
How To Install Kodi On Firestick Using Mac
If you have a Mac then here’s how you can install Kodi on Firestick using Mac:
- On your Firestick, go to Settings>System>Developer Options and enable Apps from unknown sources and ADB Debugging.
- Return to System>About>Network and note down your IP address (you will need it later).
- Go to the Download AdbLink for OS X page and click on the Begin Download button.
- Go to https://kodi.tv/download/ and download the ARM file under Android icon.
- Now launch AdbLink on your Mac and click the New button.
- In the Description box, enter FireStick.
- In the Address box, enter the IP address of your FireStick.
- Press Save
- Under Current Device, choose FireStick
- Press Connect. (You will now see FireStick under Current Devices)
- Click the Install APK button.
- Navigate to Kodi APK installation file you just downloaded.
- At the confirmation prompt, click Yes to allow adbLink to install Kodi on FireTV Stick.
Once you have Setup Kodi on FireStick, simply go to Home>Apps>Kodi to launch Kodi on your Fire TV Stick device. Do remember though that you will still need to install the Best Kodi addons for 2017 to be able to stream your favorite content using Kodi on Fire TV Stick.
How To Update Kodi On Firestick
It is important to update Kodi over the said device with the latest version to be able to download the best addons. Luckily, updating Kodi over Fire TV Stick is a quick and simple task. Here’s what you need to do:
- On your Fire TV, go to Settings>System>Developer Options and enable Apps from unknown sources.
- Return to the home screen and click on Search.
- Enter “Downloader” in the search bar and hit the Install button to install it on FireTV
- In the box, add URL http://troypoint.com/kodistable and hit the Download button.
- Click Install at bottom of screen to update Kodi on FireTV.
That’s about it! You have successfully managed to update Kodi over your Fire TV Stick and you can now enjoy “Amazon fire stick with Kodi” combo. Needless to say, so you now install the latest Kodi addons on your FireStick without any hassle and stream your favorite content right on your FireTV.
How to download and install Kodi 18 Leia Alpha 2
The final and fully stable version of Kodi 18 is expected to be released sometime this year. Still, there are so many useful new features in it that you may want to use it now even before the final version is released. If you want to try out Kodi 18 Leia, here is how to install the current Alpha test version.
Note: If you already have a previous version of Kodi installed, the settings from your old version should transfer to the new version during installation. However, you should always backup your settings just in case something goes wrong.
For Nvidia Shield, Android phone or tablet, Windows or Mac PC:
- Navigate to the official download page for Kodi
- Select the icon for your operating system (Android for Nvidia Shield)
- Click the Pre release tab
- Click the installer button for Alpha 2
- On Android or Nvidia Shield, enable unknown sources. You can do this is on most Android devices by tapping settings → security → unknown sources → OK, and on Nvidia Shield by clicking settings → security and restrictions → unknown sources.
- On a PC, right-click the file and select open. On Nvidia Shield or Android phone/tablet, download a file manager program such as ES File Explorer or ZenUI’s File Manager to find the file and open it.
- A dialogue box will appear asking if you want to install Kodi. Click next to continue
- When Kodi finishes installing, you will see another dialogue box that says “Kodi has been installed on your computer. Click finish to close setup.” Click the box that says run kodi, then click finish.
- Wait a few seconds for Kodi 18 Leia to load
Related articles: How to install the Kodi Android app and how to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield
For Amazon Fire Stick:
- From your Fire Stick main menu, go to settings → system → developer options
- Turn on apps from unknown sources
- Go back to the main menu and search for the ES File Explorer app
- Install the ES File Explorer app and open it
- When the ES File Explorer app opens, select favorites
- Choose add
- In the field that says “path source,” type this url: https://kodi.tv/download
- In the space that says “name”, type Kodi
- Scroll down the list on the left side and select Kodi. The Kodi download page will now appear
- The Amazon Fire Stick is an android device, so scroll down the page and select Android
- From the tabs along the top of the page, select Pre release
- Click the ARMV7A (32 bit) button
- When the download finishes, select open file. Kodi 18 Leia will begin installing
See also: How to install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick
For iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV:
New features in Kodi 18
Here are some of the new features only available in Kodi 18 Leia.
- Music library now reads metadata. This makes it easier to organize music
- Improved support for remote controls and game controllers
- A set of features that allows for retro games (Nintendo, SEGA, Atari, etc.) to be played through Kodi
- A set of features that makes it easier to record live television using a TV tuner and over-the-air antenna
- A “skinning engine” that makes it easier for users to create unique Kodi skins
- Speech-to-text for Android devices that lets you search for movies and shows by talking
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) will make more websites compatible with Kodi
- New version for Xbox One
How to install Kodi on the Raspberry Pi using NOOBS
LibreELEC is one of the most popular methods for putting Kodi on a Raspberry Pi, so it’s no surprise that we find LibreELEC among the options in NOOBS, a popular operating system installation program for the Raspberry Pi. NOOBS works pretty simply. You just put it on a microSD card, boot your Pi to the card, and choose which operating system you’d like. For a detailed description of how to install NOOBS on the Raspberry Pi, check out our article on the subject.
Once you have NOOBS up and running, you’ll see a list that looks like the one below. LibreELEC is easy to spot – it’s second on the list, with the colorful box-top logo.
To install Kodi on the Raspberry Pi, choose LibreELEC. You can also choose OSMC if you wish – as we mentioned earlier.
If you don’t want to use NOOBS to install LibreELEC, you can choose to install the operating system directly. The method is pretty similar to one we used to install NOOBS on the Raspberry Pi. We’re going to download LibreELEC, put it on a micro SD card, and then boot the Pi to the SD card (you can also use a USB drive and follow these same instructions).
Step 1: Download and open the LibreELEC’s installer app
First things first. Hop on a computer with a SD card drive and download the LibreELEC USB/SD creator app. Just choose the right download for whatever type of computer you’re using.
Download finished? Great – go ahead and open that new app! You may have to have administrator privileges to do this.
Step 2: Download the right disc image
LibreELEC’s app makes this process very simple. When you open the creator app, you’ll see four colorful steps. We’re dealing with steps one and two here: select the right version for your Raspberry Pi and then hit “download.” The app will download the right disc image for you. Foolproof, right?
Step 3: Select your SD card
Go ahead and tell the app about your SD card (or USB drive) by choosing it from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Write to the SD card
This is the easiest step yet: just hit the “write” button and wait for the magic to happen! Once your SD card is created, eject it safely from your computer.
Step 5: Put your SD card into your Raspberry Pi and boot it up
Put everything together and boot up your Raspberry Pi with the SD card in it. You’re home free now – your Pi will boot to Kodi and hit you with a pop-up welcoming you to LibreELEC. Enjoy!
Terrarium TV on Kodi
As discussed above, Kodi is all about Addons and there are hundreds and hundreds of addons you can install. On the other hand, Terrarium TV app is simple app that let you stream videos right after installing it. You don’t need to install further addons after installing Terrarium tv apk. You download terrarium tv apk, install it on your device, and bang, you are ready to go. Just fetch the movie or tv show from the best User Interface (I mean it) and just hit the play button.
Talking about Terrarium tv in Kodi, if you are trying to find Terrarium tv addon for Kodi. Stop right there, because there is no Terrarium tv Addon for Kodi. And guess what, you don’t need the Terrarium tv addon for Kodi.
If you want to watch movies and tv shows on Kodi, there are already some of the best Kodi addons available. My all time favorite Kodi addon for Movies and tv shows was Exodus but unfortunately, Exodus addon for Kodi is dead now. But hey, there is a perfect alternative to Exodus which is Covenant. You can install Covenant addon on Kodi 17 for movies and tv shows.
Moreover, there are Kodi builds that will give you a complete package of addons for movies, tv shows, LIVE TV, Sports, Kids channel and what not. Just install a good Kodi build like No Limits Magic, Durex, Titanium and if you are using Kodi on Firestick, you can install a light Kodi build for firestick like FireTV Guru which is designed and developed keeping in mind the technical aspects of firestick.
Terrarium TV Vs. Kodi
For Movies & TV shows, Terrarium TV is indeed better than Kodi in many aspects. Here are few things that will going to help you in understanding the clear picture.
- Reliable and fast HD streaming Sources (Google Drive Links)
- Supports Android TV & Android TV boxes
- More than 50+ 4k videos
- Easy & better Subtitles support ( See guide for Subtitles in Terrarium TV )
- Easy to download videos in local storage for offline watching
- Best User Interface
- Collection of latest & Classic Blockbuster movies
- Mark what you already watched with just one click
- No “No Stream Available” issue.
- Supports Firestick/FireTV.
- Easy to Sort videos by latest, Classic, Movies, TV Shows and much more
- Inbuilt TV calender (updated Day to Day)
- Switch between the video player
See Also: Apps like Terrarium TV
Do you still need a reason to use Kodi over Terrarium tv? Kodi is indeed a great community but when it comes to user experience, I found Terrarium TV better in terms of whole interface and ease to access the content.
So, that is all about I want to say about Terrarium Tv on Kodi. There is no Terrarium TV addon for Kodi and good thing is, you don’t need it. You can install Terrarium TV on almost any device and there is step by step guide available on this website for installing Terrarium tv on different devices.
Just go ahead and install terrarium tv. I bet, you gonna love it.
If you’re using Genesis Reborn over Exodus, just repeat the same steps but in the Genesis Reborn add-on instead.
- Go to addons > Video Addons > Open Exodus
- Select Tools from the first menu
- In the next menu, choose “EXODUS: Downloads”
- Enable Downloads, ensure this is enabled
- Click “Movies” and choose a directory where you’d like downloaded files to go
- Do the same for TV Shows
- Once you have chosen a directory for both objects, press “OK”
- Now find the media you wish to download through Exodus, either Movie or TV Show
- Load the sources list, and open the context menu on one of the sources, by either Right clicking or pressing “C”
- Press the “Download” button and confirm! The file will be in your chosen directory once completed.
BEST UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVES TO KODI
While not technically free, Gears TV is an app with 500+ live TV channels. It includes league passes for live streaming every NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB games as well as all PPV events for only $15 a month.
In our experience, Gears TV was the app that felt the most like a real replacement for cable. It collects all of the popular channels and major sports in one place and provides reliable, high-quality streams for a fraction of the price. Reliable streaming in an easy to use app has quickly made Gears TV the number one choice for sports fans, cord cutters, and streamers with Fire TVs.
You can click here to sign up and see for yourself!
Learn How To Install Gears TV for Fire Stick and Fire TV
How To Jailbreak and Install Kodi on The Amazon FireStick Hack was last modified: October 28th, 2018 by