By default, YouTube app saves your search history so you can have a record of what you’ve searched for.
But if you don’t intend to use this data or you don’t wish anyone to see what you’ve searched, you have the option to remove them easily.
So here are the 3 approaches that lead you to erase the YouTube search history.
Note: The steps below are tested using Samsung Galaxy S3.
i. Clear search history in YouTube Settings (recommended)
- On the YouTube app, go to its Settings > Search.
- Tap Clear search history. If you’re prompted for confirmation, tap OK.
- If you would like the app not to remember any search history in the future, that’s easy, check the Never remember history option.
ii. Clear Data on App info
- On your Android phone, go to home Settings > Application Manager > ALL
- Scroll to the bottom and tap YouTube.
- On the App info page, tap Clear data.
iii. Through History Eraser App
There’s quite a number of apps on Google play that help you to clean up the history data on your Android, but History Eraser is by far the most popular ones.
In the History Eraser app, there’s an option that brings you straight to the YouTube app Settings page.
- Launch the History Eraser app.
- Scroll to the bottom to find the YouTube option. Tap it and you will be brought to the YouTube Settings.
- Select Search, and then tap Clear search history.
Clear your YouTube watch and search history on Android
Deleting on YouTube app:-
If you want to delete the YouTube watch history on YouTube app then follow the instructions given below:
- The first and foremost step is to open the YouTube app.
- The next step is to touch the guide icon that is available adjacent to the red YouTube “play” icon. On touching it, the list of menu items will open. You may need to choose the “Settings” icon in some versions of the YouTube app as guide icon is not accessible in every YouTube app.
- Now you need to select history option from this list. If you want to open more options then you can click on “Menu”. The “Clear History” will delete all the watch history at once while “Remove from Watch History” will allow you to clear your desired video only.
- Come back to main screen of the YouTube app for clearing your search history by selecting Menu → Settings → Search → Clear search history. If you will choose “Never remember history” then your searches will not be stored in your history.
Deleting on mobile website:-
You can also clear the individual YouTube search history on mobile site by the following steps:-
- The very first step is to sign in your account and select History option. After this, you need to click on “Search history”.
- Now choose “Remove from Search history” option from the menu.
- Go to Account > History > Search history and click on Clear all for clearing search history from your account.
Delete YouTube watch and search history on iphone or ipad
Deleting on YouTube app:-
The YouTube watch history can also be deleted from iOs devices whether it is iPhone, Ipad or iPod with the help of following instructions:
- The process begins with opening the YouTube app on your iOs device.
- Now you need to touch the guide icon that appears like three horizontal grey bars to open up a list containing menu items.
- Tap the “History” button for observing the list of videos that you have watched recently.
- Press the trash icon for deleting all the watch history.
- Sign out from your account for clearing your search history. If you are unable to sign out then tap the Home button two times. In this way, the YouTube app will be closed.
Deleting on mobile website:-
If you wish to clear YouTube search history one by one then mobile site can help you in fulfilling this wish. You can get it done by the steps given below:
- Sign in your account, click on history option and then tap Search history.
- Go to the menu and select Remove from “Search history”.
- The YouTube search history can be cleared from your account at once by going to Account > History > Search history and then tapping Clear all.
Clear on game console, television or streaming device
You need to follow the instructions given below for achieving this target.
- Open the guide on your TV, gaming console or any other media streaming box. You can have access to guide option by any of the ways given below.
- The word”Guide” may be displayed on the screen of YouTube.
- It will look like an icon having three horizontal grey bars.
- You will also find the red YouTube icon next to it.
- Now choose settings option to see a list of all watched YouTube videos.
- After this, click on “Clear watch history” for removing all videos that you have watched from the list. If it does not work then you have to sign in to the same YouTube account by utilizing PC for deleting videos.
- You can also delete the search history by clicking on the search icon and choosing “Clear search history”.
Clear YouTube watch and search history on PC
The YouTube watch history can be deleted on your PC by the following instructions:-
- The very first thing that you have to do is log in to your YouTube account.
- After this, click on guide icon, available next to the YouTube logo for opening list of links.
- Select “history” present on the left side near the top of your list.
- You can also delete the all watched YouTube videos in one click by tapping “Clear all watch history” button.
- If you want to clear watch history one by one then move the mouse pointer to the right side of the screen and look for three gray dots. If you do not find these dots then you can try the latest version of Mozilla Firefox. On finding dots, click it and choose “Remove from Watch History”.
- The future videos can also be prevented from being stored by clicking “Pause watch history”. You can also disable this feature by selecting “Resume watch history” in the same location.
- If you want to remove entire search history then find the “Search history” link and then click on “Clear all search history” button. The single item can be removed by clicking on three grey dots. You can also choose “Pause search history” for stopping storage of your searches in the future.
- You can even delete browser history by navigating to “History” –> “Show All History” and removing each YouTube video from it.
Free download the best all in one video downloader- Wondershare video converter ultimate
Clear YouTube Search History on Android
It’s very easy and simple to do. First what you are going to do is open up YouTube with any web browser or YouTube app.If you don’t have YouTube app on your Android device click here to download YouTube application. Once you opened YouTube. On the home page of YouTube, you will see three dots sign at the upper right-hand side. Click on those dots then choose “Settings”.
Now, you have “General, connected TVs, Privacy, Notifications, Captions, and About”. Tap on the “Privacy”.
When you clicked on privacy, you will see “Clear watch history and Clear search history”. Click on the second option, clear search history. All the content that you have searched before will be removed from your device.
How to Pause Search History on Android?
You can pause search history if you would like. It means that when you enable pause history on Android, anything you search will not be saved or cached. To disable or enable “Pause search history”, simply follow the above instructions then simply click on “Pause search history“. Now search anything that you want.
Clear YouTube Search History on PC
You can also clear search history from your “PC”. Sign into your YouTube account then click on “History”.
Again you will see two options, click search history. From here as well you can Pause and clear YouTube search history.
YouTube’s history resumed even if paused
If you’ve used this feature in the past and paused your watch history, then for some reason, YouTube has resumed adding videos to the history. This history is only visible to you, but someone gaining access to your computer can easily check what you’re watching. That’s why, we’re going to learn how to view, delete and pause watch history on YouTube.