How to Delete Gmail Account?
It is to be remembered that deleting the Gmail address will not delete the Google Account. Follow the steps given below to delete Gmail Account you want to delete.
- Go to Google Account Settings.
- Select on Delete your account or Services. This is situated under Account Preferences.
- Click on Delete Products. To remove the entire Gmail account (search history, AdWords, Google Docs, and AdSense), click on Delete Google Account.
- Select the Gmail account you want to delete. (This is the address that you want to delete).
- Type the password to enter the account that you want to delete.
- Click on Next and then click on the trashcan icon situated next to Gmail.
- Enter an email address (to associate it with the existing Gmail account) in the sign into Google dialog box. Google might already have entered the secondary address you used when creating this account. You can also use that account id here.
- Click on Send Verification Email.
- Open the email account you newly created from Google. The email will be titled “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Follow the deletion link in the message.
- Log In with the Gmail account you are deleting if prompted.
- Select Yes, I want to delete [email protected] permanently from my Google Account under the Confirm Gmail Deletion.
- Click on Delete Gmail. After this step, the Gmail account and messages will be gone, and the step cannot be undone.
- Click on Done.
There might be a few questions that might come up in your mind after deleting the Gmail account.
Check also: How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently?
What happens to the emails of the deleted Gmail Account?
The emails will be deleted permanently and will not be accessible. However, you can download a copy using Google Takeout.
What will happen to the Emails being sent to the deleted Gmail address?
People who will mail to the deleted Gmail address will get a delivery failure message. You should introduce your new email to desired contacts in this case.
Check also: How to Set up Gmail Offline? Follow 9 steps
Check also: Best 3 Email Tracking Applications – Know When Emails Are Opened