The Best Way To Cook Asparagus
Today, let’s talk about asparagus. I absolutely love asparagus, especially young asparagus with tender stems.
They are skinny and you can practically eat everything without having to cut off the stems and there is no need to peel away the hard skin as everything is so tender.
One of the easiest recipes to make over the stove top is garlic butter sauteed asparagus. You don’t even need to pre-heat or use your oven to roast because this recipe takes only 10 minutes and the taste is absolutely delightful.
Just saute the asparagus with some butter, lots of garlic, season with salt and pepper! If you like, add a squirt or two of lemon juice. It really doesn’t get any easier than that.
Garlic butter sauteed asparagus is a great side dish that goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, shrimp, and meat. If you like roasting in the oven, try my garlic roasted asparagus recipe.
Recipe Pairing Ideas
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE
SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.
All photos and recipes on Rasa Malaysia are copyright protected. Please do not use the photos and recipes without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words instead of copy and paste and link back to https://rasamalaysia.com/garlic-butter-sauteed-asparagus/. Thank you very much!
- 10 oz young asparagus
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Squirts of lemon juice optional
- Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 1/2 inch.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
- Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Add a squirt or two lemon juice, if using. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Garlic Butter Asparagus Recipe Calories 90 Calories from Fat 70 Total Carbohydrates 4.5g 2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.