The process of canceling an order will vary, depending on the stage of the delivery process at which the item currently stands.
How to Cancel an Amazon Order After Shipping
Orders that have already been shipped cannot be cancelled. If a cancellation request is submitted at this point, the seller should contact the buyer and inform him that the item has already been shipped. The buyer has the option to return the item for a refund. Find out all the details about returns and refunds. Contact information can be found within the Order ID or in the seller’s orders list to find out how to cancel Amazon orders.
Canceling Orders That Have Not Been Shipped
If a seller needs to cancel an order either because the item will not be shipped on time or because the item is out of stock or for any other reason, and the item has not yet been shipped, he can do it through his Seller Account.
- Access the Manage Orders section, and go to View Your Orders.
- Sellers can browse through the orders manually or use either the standard search or advanced search options provided to find the specific order in question.
- A Cancel Order button should appear somewhere in the close vicinity of the order (either next to or below depending on the page view). Press this button to cancel the order.
- A Cancel Order page will pop up automatically. Choose the Reason for Cancellation from the menu provided, and then press Submit.
Orders will automatically be canceled and an email will be sent to the Buyer.
Canceling Multi-Channel Fulfillment Orders
Multi-channel fulfillment orders can only be canceled while still in the planning stage. Once an order has graduated from planning to shipping, the order can no longer be canceled, and this window is short, sometimes fifteen minutes. If still in the planning stage, the cancelation procedure is as follows:
- Find the specific order as explained above, and choose the Order ID in question to bring up all the order information.
- There will be an option for Cancel This Order within the Multi-Channel Fulfillment Order details. Press this option, and the order will be canceled automatically.
Please note that orders that are out of stock and therefore unable to be shipped will retain the status of Unfulfillable until the stock has been refilled. Unfulfillable orders cannot be canceled. Instead, when the item is in stock again, the status for that order will be changed to Fulfillable, and a new order can be placed for that specific order.
Canceling a Fulfillment by Amazon Order
Fulfillment by Amazon orders can be canceled at any time during the process while the order has a Pending or Unshipped status by following these simple steps:
- Get in touch with Amazon Seller Support.
- Give the representative the specific Order ID or IDs.
- Supply the ASIN for the order(s) as well as the quantity of items in each ASIN.
- Provide the appropriate reason for canceling the order.
The Amazon Seller Support agent will supply the seller with cancelation confirmation and send an email to the Buyer apprising them of the cancelation.
Unlike the seller who can cancel orders any time prior to shipment, the buyer has approximately thirty minutes to cancel an order they have placed. Regardless of timing, only the seller can actually cancel the order. When a cancelation request is received, see above for full instructions on the right course of action.
Other Cancellation Issues
- Orders with a Pending status cannot be canceled. Once the payment method of the buyer has been properly verified, the cancelation option will become available to the seller.
- An order that has mistakenly been canceled cannot be reinstated. Inform the buyer of the mistake, and, if they are still interested, kindly request that the order is placed again.
How to Cancel an Amazon Order Using the Amazon App
You can cancel orders from your mobile device before it has entered the shipping process.
To cancel an Amazon order using the Amazon mobile app, follow the below steps:
- Open the mobile app.
- Select menu on the top left and tap “Your Orders” from the available options.
- Tap the item you want to cancel and select View order details from the next screen.
- Tap Cancel items and choose the Cancellation reason on the next screen.
- Tap Cancel checked items to finish canceling your order.
How to Cancel an Amazon Order Over the Phone
If you want to contact Amazon to cancel an order over the phone, you should click this Contact Us page.
Amazon Headquarters Info
You can find the expansive Amazon headquarters in Seattle, Washington. The huge complex was built in an area where no one visited until the building was complete. Today the 15,000 in-house employees are a driving force in local economics with shops and street vendors showing up daily to accommodate workers.
- Address: Amazon Headquarters 410 Terry Ave. N Seattle, WA 98109
- Phone Number: Call 1-206-266-1000 to reach the Amazon headquarters and corporate office.
- Email: You will need to log in to your Amazon account to contact Amazon headquarters. There is no defined corporate email address, but there is a contact form customers can use to contact customer service – and eventually the corporate office. Once logged in, click the Help link at the top of the page then Contact Customer Service and Contact Us. You will be asked a series of questions before the Send an Email icon becomes active.
- Website: You can find corporate information on the Investor Relations side of the Amazon website [+].
Amazon Headquarters Brands
The only Amazon brand we could find was Amazon Basics. The line is a series of electronic equipment sold at extremely affordable prices and all with Prime shipping. Everything from computer keyboards to Bluetooth speakers to cable cords are available from the line.
Amazon is acquired Whole Foods in 2018.
- Amazon Headquarters Website
How To Get Reviews on Amazon Method #1: Product Inserts
Product inserts are printed messages added inside the packaging of a product such as instructions, where they can contact you, or any other important information about the customer’s purchase like how to leave an Amazon review.
Here are some quick tips for getting the most out of your Amazon product inserts:
- Focus on a single objective- getting an Amazon review.
- Be clear and concise, don’t overload them with information.
- Ask them to contact you if they have a problem (instead of leaving a bad review).
Among all the different types of product inserts such as thank you cards, we are interested mainly in asking for a product review. It shouldn’t be the only thing you care about, but it should be your main goal for the purposes of this method. And since Amazon doesn’t forbid this type of messaging, you should take advantage of it as it will help you get reviews on Amazon.
How to Create an Effective Product Insert
Frame the Ask Appropriately
The first thing you need to do is make sure you give your customer a good reason to leave an Amazon review. Simply asking for a review upfront doesn’t add any value to your customer’s life, neither is it effective. Always remember to ask yourself ‘what is in it for them?’
The best way to frame the review ask is by highlighting how your product has had an impact on your customer’s life. If you frame ‘the ask’ this way, they might be more inclined to share their experience with the rest of the world and leave an Amazon review.
Have your Insert Professionally Designed
The most important thing to remember when designing your product insert is that it should be visually appealing and your message clear. You want the customer to be able to understand in a few seconds what you’re asking for and the steps they need to take to leave a review on Amazon.
You can find some examples of good marketing inserts for e-commerce stores in this article.
After you get the design done, you need to print it out and add it to your packaging. Most manufacturers that make their own packaging can do this for you. If you, on the other hand, have a separate packaging manufacturer, they will most certainly be able to do it for you.
It’s important to note here that offering a discount in exchange for a review is against Amazon’s terms of service so make sure you are not offering anything in exchange for a review.
Not a designer or sure where to get your product insert designed? Hire a top designer that specializes in Amazon products on the Jungle Market for your product insert.
For even more tips on crafting an awesome product insert check out this Amazon Product Insert Best Practice Guide.