Snapchat does not have a direct button to Change Snapchat Username. But what to do if you are going to need to produce an all-new username, and you will want to do this before getting rid of your previous username. You can’t change the username associated with your Snapchat account. It is possible, however, delete your old account and then make a new account using another username. As an alternative, you may change your display name, that’s the title that your friends and other users will see if you ship a Snap or a conversation.
In the event the account isn’t reactivated within 30 days, it is going to be permanently deleted and won’t be recoverable. You are going to be able to sign into your account before the thirty days is up, and that means you are going to want to bear that in mind also. As of this moment, it’s not possible to deactivate and delete a Snapchat account right from the app.
It is possible to even use two at the moment! It may involve plenty of time attempting to find out the way to achieve that. You may set the viewing time from 1 second to 24 hours, just to make certain that the viewer gets a superb appearance of the image. The very first time was during college for around two months. If you feel like you are spending a bit too much time on Snapchat lately, it’s strongly advised that you delete your account entirely.
Delete old Snapchat account
Change Your Snapchat Username
- Click on the gear button on the upper right corner of the screen, then select the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select Support, located in the “More Information” menu.
Change your Snapchat name
- Choose My Account & Settings.
How to change Snapchat name
- Click on Account Information.
- Click on Delete My Account. If you want to take a new Snapchat name but if you do not want to delete the current one, you can create a new one.
Delete My Account
- Click on the Page button.
- Enter a password to confirm that you want to delete the account.
- Click the Continue button. Your Snapchat account will be deleted for 30 days.
- Open Snapchat. Enter your Snapchat username and password.
- Click on the gear button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Log Out.
- Click on Sign Up to see instructions on how to create a new Snapchat account.
- Enter your name.
- Click on Sign Up & Accept. Enter your date of birth and select Continue.
- Enter a new Snapchat username.
- Enter your email address which must be different from the email address associated with the old Snapchat account.
- Follow the remaining instructions on the screen.
How to change Snapchat display name
- Open Snapchat. Enter your username and password.
- Click on the gear button at the upper right corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
- Click on the Name button.
How to change Snapchat username
- Enter a new display name.
- Click Save.
Hope that the information above will help you learn how to change Snapchat username.
How to Change your SnapChat Username on iPhone or Android
So we cleared some of your doubts and if you are still reading this then we understand your urge. The basic process of changing your snapchat username involves two things
- First, You need to log out of your current account.
- Create a new one with your desired username and Delete Old account.
You might be thinking that I am crazy, right? Hear me out, There is no way to change your SnapChat username without creating a new account. But in the process, you might lose some of your snapchat friends but we got that covered as well. We will also be going to show you how to add your old friends on new snapchat account as well without any hassle. So let’s check How to logout of SnapChat iPhone.
How to logout of SnapChat iPhone/Android
If you know how to logout of SnapChat, then go ahead and do it. If you don’t know then follow below steps. If you are facing any issues then do let us know via comments below.
- Open SnapChat on your device and go to your profile. You can do that by tapping on the SnapChat logo located at the top of the screen.
- Next tap on Settings icon & Select “Logout”.
That’s it you have successfully logged out of your old SnapChat account. So let’s see How to create a new SnapChat account and add your friends as well.
Also Check: Save Musical.ly Videos without Jailbreak
How to Create a SnapChat Account iPhone/Android
The process of creating a new snapchat account is simple and easy. You can also find detailed steps to add you friends on old snapchat account to new snapchat account.
- Open the Snapchat application and make sure you logged out of your old account.
- Tap on Sign UP and fill in your details.
- Make sure you choose the correct username this time.
- After creating the account, Click on “Add friends” >> Add From Address Book & tap on continue.
- Snapchat will ask for access to your contacts, Tap on “Ok”.
- All the people in your address book who are using snapchat will be added to your snapchat friends list.
- In case if you don’t have some of your friend’s contacts, then you can log back into your old account and make a list of their usernames.
- Now you can add your missing friends on Snapchat with their usernames.
- After completing the process you can delete the old snapchat account without any issues.
That’s it, you have successfully changed your snapchat username. Although it is more like an alternate way to change your snapchat username which isn’t straightforward it works. Do let me know your thoughts about the same and share this guide with your snapchat buddies.
Can I Change My Snapchat Username With out Deleting My Account?
However, there’s a method to change Snapchat username, though it implies that you’ll have to delete your Snapchat account and create one other one. On this sense, these are the steps it’s a must to take:
- You can not delete your account from the Snapchat app. You need to entry the app web site from a pc or a tool with an web connection and enter this hyperlink.
- Initially, keep in mind to put in writing down your vital contacts if they aren’t added to your cellphone contact record. In any other case, you’ll lose them and will probably be tough to get well them, as it’s essential to know their precise username.
- When you’re logged in to the Snapchat web site, You will notice the record of Menu with the opportunity of handle your account.
- On this menu, it’s essential to go to Account Settings after which click on on Delete Account.
- At this level, it’s essential to Login together with your account username and password and click on on “Delete my account” by getting into your password once more within the corresponding field.
- You’ll obtain a message saying that the method has been profitable and that they may miss you.
- To be sure that your entire course of has labored accurately, enter the Snapchat app in your Android or iOS system, and attempt to open your session together with your information. In the event you can not, you probably did every thing accurately.
Retrieve an Outdated Username
Do not forget that after getting deleted your account, the username you had turns into out of date and won’t be out there once more on Snapchat. In keeping with the insurance policies of the app, while you delete your information, the username can now not be utilized by some other consumer, so consider carefully what you do and take care when deleting your previous account.Nevertheless, you may retrieve your username in Snapchat if you want. It would solely be seen to you, although. The remainder of the customers received’t be capable of see it. You are able to do it following these steps:
- Enter the “My Mates” menu by shifting to the left on the principle picture seize interface.
- Click on on the gear on the highest proper of the smartphone display screen.
- Now kind your username in “Edit show title“. Bear in mind that it’ll solely be seen for you.
Why the Username Can’t Be Altered?
Because of the issues of sexting and even harassment that some Snapchat customers have suffered as a result of alternative ways of utilizing and misusing the app, the creators determined that it wasn’t good to let folks change snapchat username. Though there may be one other methodology such because the account change, the coverage on this regard is kind of restrictive, as a way to shield the privateness of those that get pleasure from this profitable messaging and social community software.
This method will show you how to change Snapchat name. This name is the display name that others will be able to see on Snapchat. If you do not find this option to change the Snapchat name, you must do the method 2.
Here are the steps how to change Snapchat name:
- In Snapchat, open your profile.
- Tap on your Bitmoji to go to your personal profile.
- Under the Snapcode or the Snapchat ghost, tap on your name.
- A box will appear where you will be able to change Snapchat name.
- When you are done, tap on save.
You can also do this through these steps:
- In your personal profile, tap on the gear icon on the top right.
- Under “My Account”, look for “Name”.
- Change your Snapchat name.
- When you are done, tap on save.
This way, you will only be able to change your display name that other people will be able to see. You can change this as many times you want, but you won’t be able to change your unique username. If you want to completely change your username, follow the next method.
Method 2: Make a New Snapchat Account
This method is a little painful because it involves deactivating your current Snapchat account and making a new one. If you really want to change Snapchat name and unique username, then you should follow this method. Once you make a new account, you will be able to choose a new unique username and display name. This is how to completely change Snapchat name:
- Before you start to deactivate your Snapchat account, make a note of all people and friends you are following so that you can add them back in your new account.
- Visit this link and enter the username and password for your current Snapchat account.
- This will deactivate your account. Go here for more information.
- Reinstall Snapchat app on your phone.
- Follow the process to create a new account.
- This time enter a new username and display name.
You will have a completely new Snapchat account, with a new username and display name.
This was how to change Snapchat name. Snapchat currently doesn’t allow changing username, so you can only do that through the second method mentioned before, which may not be required by most people. Still changing the display name is easier and quicker.