Updating information on your Twitter and Facebook page is generally pretty easy. However, there are some elements that require approval from each network or may impact your page in ways you might not realize. Before you make the switch, familiarize yourself first with the basics.
Changing your Facebook Page Name
Changing your business name on your Facebook page usually requires approval from Facebook before it can take effect. Your claim may be denied if the proposed new name is not close enough to the current name or violates any of their page guidelines. If your Facebook page has not been used and has very few likes, the easiest thing may be to create a new page with the new name. However, this is never recommended for active pages with a large amount of likes and engagement.
For more information on how to change your page name, check out Facebook’s support section.
The unique identifier in your Facebook page url (the ending of the url as indicated by xyz: facebook.com/xyz) is called your username. If your url includes your page name with a long string of numbers, you do not have a unique username associated with your page. See examples below:
- Facebook page with a Unique Username: www.facebook.com/paperstreet
- Example of the format for a Facebook page without a unique username: www.facebook.com/The-Law-Firm-Name-123456789112345/
Things to Consider When Changing Your Facebook Username
- To select a username you can follow these steps.
- Keep in mind not all pages are eligible to create a username, especially if the page is fairly new with very little activity.
- If you want to change your username, you may only be given one chance to change it.
- The desired username may not be used by anyone else, so keep in mind you can’t always get the one you want.
- Facebook has specific guidelines on what can be in your username which you can see here.
- If you change your username, your old Facebook url will not redirect to your new url. Meaning, anywhere the old Facebook page url is linked will no longer work.
Changing your Twitter Profile Name
Changing your Twitter profile name is very easy. It does not require approval and the updated name will show immediately after changing it. However, keep in mind you are limited to 20 characters (this includes spaces). You simply just click “edit profile” while on your Twitter profile and update the name as needed.
The unique identifier in your Twitter profile url (the ending of the url as indicated by xyz: twitter.com/xyz) is called your username. It is also sometimes referred to as a Twitter handle. This also appears under your name on Twitter and is how other accounts tag and mention you. For example, our Twitter username is @paperstreet and our url is twitter.com/paperstreet. However, keep in mind you are limited to 15 characters.
Things to Consider When Changing Your Twitter Username
- Twitter usernames are very easy to change within the settings of your account
- Usernames are limited to 15 characters
- Usernames can only use letters, numbers, and underscores. That means no spaces or symbols allowed.
- If you change your username, your old Twitter url will not redirect to your new url. Meaning, anywhere the old Twitter url is linked will no longer work.
- There is a slight workaround for to help with this issue. Some people create a new account with a dummy username, edit the old Twitter username to a dummy one as well, go back to the new account and change it to the old username, and finally change the old account to the desired new username. It sounds confusing, but it basically allows them to own both usernames and put a note saying they have changed the account to something else. There is always a chance Twitter could remove the old one since you are technically not using it anymore, so keep this in mind.
- You can read more about handles from Twitter here
Related Articles in Social Media,
- Google Says Goodbye to Google+
- 2018 Social Media Marketing Law Firm Guide – Gateway to Your Success
- Facebook’s Updating Business Pages and There’s Nothing to Fear!
- Facebook’s Algorithm Update: Should You Be Freaking Out?
- Building Your Law Firm’s Business with 10 Social Media Hacks
Useful tips for Changing Page name and URL:
These are not necessary but help to Facebook why you want to change your Page name and URL:
- First Change the Facebook Fan page profile Picture and Cover Picture according to your Brand name.
- Change Website Link to new site.
- Edit your About page description that matches to the new brand.
- Block internet access to WhatsApp, facebook & other apps without root.
Change Facebook Fan Page Name:
To change Facebook Fan Page Name login to your Facebook account.
- After login click on drop down Settings menu from the top right bar and under Your Pages click on the page that you want to rename.
- Now click on About option available on the left under the page tab. You will see Page Info, In the PAGE INFO, take mouse over the right of the Name and Edit option will appear and then click on Edit link.
- After clicking on Edit, Request New Page Name box will appear. Enter a New name in New Page name box. And click on Continue button.
Note: Change the page name with caution because if you choose something wrong, then it can’t be changed within 7 days. So be careful here and as well as don’t use a name that misguides your business name. You can also Include “Official” word with your Page name if the name is using by many others. E.g.: Official Brand Name.
- On Next Confirm Name Change Request box will appear. Here you can ensure that the page name is correct or not if not then you can click on Cancel button otherwise click on “Request Change” button to change the name.
- Now you’ll see “We’re Reviewing Your Name Change Request” dialog box. Which means the Facebook team will review your Name change request and if they found it is necessary then the page name will be changed within 3 days. But mostly it completes within few minutes or hours. If not then wait up to 3 days.
Also Check this:
- WhatsApp: How to disable account information sharing on Facebook.
Changing Username-URL of Facebook Page:
After changing Facebook Page name, if you also want to change Username-URL of your Facebook page then do same as you have done for Page name.
- Click on Settings drop-down menu and choose About from left and you’ll come again on Page Info page. Here again, take the mouse over Username and click on Edit link.
- “Create Page Username” box will appear. Fill your Username in the Username box and check availability. If the username is available, then green tick (√) will be marked.
- In case the username is not available then you can mix some other words with the username such as OfficialBrandName. And also can include dot (.). After entering a right username click on “Create Username” button.
- ”You’re all set!” dialog box will appear. Click on “OK” button.
Now wait until Facebook review your Username URL change request, and when Facebook team find the change request is required then you’ll get “Your request to change your page’s name has been approved”. Message and after that, your Username will be changed.
Everything you’ve always wanted to know about your Facebook business page but were afraid to ask
You are not the first person who creates a fan page for his/her brand or business and then decides to change its name. Nor are you the only person who created two fan pages with different objectives, which over time have come to share a common one, and you now find it too time-consuming to have to update two pages about the same thing. If you are one of those persons who change up their minds (just like we do!), here are some solutions for the changes you would like to implent on your page.
1. How can I change my fan page name?
If you have less than 200 fans:
Page admins and content designers can easily change the fan page name following these steps:
- Click on “Edit page” on the top of the page and select the “Update page info” on the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Edit” next to the name, change it and save the changes.
If you have over 200 fans:
You need to fill in a form to request a change of name. Therefore, for pages with over 200 fans, you need to follow the steps above and, instead of changing the name and saving changes, you need to click on “Request change”.
When you change the name and click on “Request change“, a mechanised process will start. Depending on the reason for change (i.e. spelling mistake or a more significant change), it will take more or less time for Facebook to implement the change.
Before you request the change, I suggest you take a little look at the Guidelines for Page names.
2. How do I merge two different fan pages that serve a single purpose?
If you are the page admin for two different pages, you can merge them into a single one, in case they serve the same purpose and have similar names. To do so, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the Facebook page you want to keep and click on “Edit page”. Then, select “Edit settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “Merge pages” option from the “Edit settings” menu.
- Here you will be asked to either select a page to merge your other page into or to fill in a form (just like we explained earlier) to request the combination of your pages.
- In the second case, you will be asked to fill in the form and select the pages you want to merge and the page you want to keep.
What happens once you merge the two fan pages?
- The ‘Likes’ and ‘check-ins’ will merge.
- All other content in the page will be permanently deleted from the page you merge: this includes posts, pictures and username.
- The content of the page you are keeping will remain the same (except for the increase in the number of ‘Likes ‘ and ‘check-ins’ as a result of the combination).
- The page you merge will be removed from Facebook and the change will be irreversible.
Register with Cool Tabs if you want to make the most of your fan page >>
Procedure to change facebook name Before 60 day’s After Limit.
First Of All Go to Setting then Click On General Account Setting And Click Edit Name Then Confirm That Limit Is currently present Or Not.
If The Name Limit Is present then You are not able to click On name. and their should be a note About Name Change limit, Which are:-
You can't change your name at this time because you've already changed it within the last 60 days
After The confirming Limit If you want to continue the changing name then follow the some steps below.
- Firstly Go to here Change Facebook Name.
- Then Click On Continue Button, You are not able to click on your Name.
- Again Click On Continue Button.
- After that change the password but no need to change any other information ( Email Id’s, Mobile Number. Etc)
- After Click On next they will show message that you have Recently Changed Your Account Name.
- then all the previously used names will displayed which are you used earlier and select any of the listed name available there.
PIN:- By Using This Method You Can change your name Unlimited Infinite time. But you are not able to Use New Name. But This Is enough for Us.
Thankyou If you want any time of help or not able to change then feel free to comment here I will try my best to solve your problem. So lets follow above guide on how to change facebook name before 60 days trick.
Video Tutorial Change Facebook Name before 60 Days:
On YouTube Go here Change Facebook Name Before 60 days
So Guys, By using this Easy guide you will know the fb name change limit hack. Now have a simple look on Change Facebook Name Before 60 Days. Do i So just follow above step by step guide for change fb name after limit – & – remove limit forever. if you face any problem then simple Comment in below.