Sling TV is a special service that allows subscribers to enjoy a wide collection of on-demand and live TV channels on their TVs, smartphones, tablets, and computers. Sling TV can be considered as a live TV and it works like a satellite or cable TV service, but it is only streamed over the internet.
Sling TV is a subsidiary of Dish Network, which is a popular satellite provider in the US. Despite being a subsidiary, it is operated as completely separate service, which means, no Dish subscription is required to get Sling TV.
Sling TV is currently available only in the US, and the company doesn’t seem to expand the reach of the service to other parts of the world in the foreseeable future.
In order to watch your favorite content on Sling TV, you will have to subscribe at Sling.com followed by setting up a Sling TV account. After Sling TV account setup, it’s time to install the app on a Sling TV supported device. We’ll discuss these processes in detail in next sections.
How to cancel Sling TV step-by-step
- Sign in to Sling TV
- Go to My Account
- Click Cancel Subscription
- Confirm your cancellation
- Leave Sling feedback
- Receive cancellation confirmation via email
Sign into Sling TV if you aren’t already. And if you’ve forgotten your account settings, it’s not like losing your $75,000 diamond earring in the ocean, so don’t cry. You can always use Sling’s Forgot Your Password? link.
Depending on your browser settings, you’ll have two options for accessing your account that look different. It’ll either be a little person next to Sign In / Sign Out or a little cog wheel.
Click the little human that’s between your language and Sign Out.
If you can’t find your account menu, click the settings cog-wheel in the top-right corner.
Go the My Account section
This is the section where you can manage everything about your account, including billing and subscription information. It also shows your auto-renew time and date, which is helpful for knowing when your next charge is coming, giving you time to run up your card on designer jeans.
Clicking Manage Account will direct you to the My Account page on Sling’s website.
Click Cancel Subscription
Confirm that you either want to keep or cancel your subscription when the pop-up menu appears.
Sling doesn’t want you to leave, of course, so they may give you some incentive to stay. We were offered a free HDTV antenna, but maybe Sling will cut you a different deal to keep you for at least another few months. It’s like a last plea for your love, and sometimes an HDTV antenna is all that’s needed for love to reign supreme.
Sling wants to know why you’re leaving because maybe it can solve your problems with a resource page, or improve its service in some way. Be a homie and tell them what’s up for real.
Check the email to make sure that Sling TV sent your cancellation confirmation. If you didn’t get a confirmation email, contact Sling TV directly to make sure everything went through.
After that, you’re good to keep watching Sling for the duration of your billing cycle, or you can flash Sling the peace sign forever. It’s not a big deal to renew your subscription, either, so any last-minute regrets don’t have to be permanent.
Sling TV Channel Lineup
The following channels are available in Sling Orange + Blue base service pack. If you are opting for Sling Orange or Blue channel lineup, then a few channels will be missing.
- AXS TV
- BBC America
- BET (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Bloomberg TV
- Bravo (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- Comedy Central
- Disney Channel (Not present in Sling Blue)
- El Rey Network (Not present in Sling Orange)
- EPIX Drive-In
- ESPN (Not present in Sling Blue)
- ESPN 2 (Not present in Sling Blue)
- ESPN 3 (Not present in Sling Blue)
- Food Network
- Fox (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Fox Regional Sports (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Fox Sports 1 (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Fox Sports 2 (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Freeform (Not present in Sling Blue)
- FX (Not present in Sling Orange)
- FXX (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Local Now
- Nat Geo Wild (Not present in Sling Orange)
- National Geographic (Not present in Sling Orange)
- NBC (Not present in Sling Orange)
- NBC Regional Sports (Not present in Sling Orange)
- NBC Sports Network (Not present in Sling Orange)
- NFL Network (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Nick Jr. (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Syfy (Not present in Sling Orange)
- Travel Channel
- Tribeca Shortlist
- USA Network (Not present in Sling Orange)
Besides these aforementioned channels, Sling TV also offers additional channels that it denotes as ‘Extras’.
In order to get ‘Extras’, you will have to first subscribe to one of the base services. Here are the current ‘Extra packages’ available on the platform that you can get by paying $5 per extra package per month.
- Lifestyle Extra: Lifetime Movies, FYI, DIY, Hallmark, Cooking Channel, VHI and more.
- News Extra: CNBC and MSNBC, The Blaze, HLN, BBC World News and more.
- Kids Extra: Disney XD and Disney Junior, Teen Nick, Nicktoons, Boomerang and more.
- Comedy Extra: CMT, TV Land, Logo, Paramount, MTV and more.
- Sports Extra: Golf Channel, RedZone, NFL, ESPN channels, NHL Network, NBA TV and more.
Creating Free Sling TV Account:
- Enter your email address, then create a strong password.
- You will see the base service options on the first page. You can select ‘Sling Orange’, ‘Sling Blue’ or both.
- Now, check out the extra services that are available on the platform. Once you have designed the right service for yourself, click ‘Next’.
- Enter your billing information now.
- You have now successfully created your Sling account. Click ‘Watch Now’ to download the application to your device that supports it. Click the logo of your device in order to download the app and begin streaming.
- You can scroll down the page in order to see as to what new offers are available for you as a compliment for creating an account on Sling TV.
After you’ve finished downloading the app on the compatible device, you need to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, launch the app and start watching your favorite content by clicking ‘Watch 7 Days Free’ in order to create your Sling TV account.
- After creating an account, the first page that you’ll see will be of the packages that Sling TV has to offer to you. You can select the appropriate option.
- Press ‘Continue’ to check extra services provided by Sling. Highlight over the service to know more about the channels it includes. Click ‘Add’ to add an extra to your subscription. If you don’t want to add an extra, then click the green checkmark to deselect.
- You can create Sling TV account now. For that, enter your email address and a strong password that is hard to guess.
- Enter your billing information now. You will find details of what you are supposed to pay as your subscription fee on the right side of the screen. Review the subscription before paying.
- At last, press ‘Finish & Submit’. Once the subscription has been processed, you can begin streaming your favorite content.
How To Set up Sling on Roku TV?
Roku users can also enjoy the services of Sling TV free of cost for 7 days. Roku and Sling have joined hands to make signing up process quick and easy for users.
You can easily create your ‘my Sling account’ through your registered Roku account. Just confirm the email address, zip code and the name registered with your Roku. If those are correct, then you can easily move ahead with the creation of Sling account.
- Create Sling TV account by adding a strong password.
- You can now subscribe to the service. Choose a plan that you want to subscribe to, and go through the ‘extras’ if you wish to add more channels that are not available in the plan that you’ve chosen. Click ‘add’ to select the service and any available extras.
- After selecting the service, press ‘Finish’ and ‘Submit’. The payment for your subscription will be charged through your Roku account upon completion of the 7-day free trial.
- You can now do Sling account login and enjoy the service.
How To Setup Sling TV on Amazon Fire?
On your Amazon Fire TV, download the Sling TV app, then create an account. Launch the app, then select ‘Watch Now 7 Days Free’.
- When you select ‘Watch Now 7 Days Free’ option, you will come across a page, which will have details of the available base service plans. Select the base service plan that you wish to subscribe to and then, select ‘Add’ followed by ‘Continue’.
- You can also buy ‘Extras’ that are available on the platform. You will find the Cloud DVR service, Lifestyle, HBO, Sports or Kids in ‘Extra Service’. To add an extra service, select the ‘Add’ button, and to deselect a service, select the green check mark. After finalizing the extra services, select ‘Continue’.
- You can create your account now. For that, enter your email address and create a strong password.
- Go through the subscription to check if it consists of all the services that you intend to buy. Then, select ‘Finish & Submit’.
- Enter your ZIP code to see the best local and regional channels available to you. Select ‘I Agree to continue’ when Amazon asks for your approval to send Sling TV your ZIP code.
- It is also possible to create a Parental Controls login. For that, select ‘Enable’.
- Click subscribe to activate your Sling TV service. In case, you have selected any extra services, then you will have to repeat the step for each service.
- Amazon is going to request your Amazon password to authenticate the transaction in order to finalize the subscription with Sling TV.
With this, the process of subscribing to Sling TV is complete. Just do Sling TV account login and enjoy your favorite content.
Setup Sling TV on Xfinity
Before we begin with creating Sling account on Xfinity, it is important for you to know that Sling Orange, Sling Blue, Sling Orange + Sling Blue are not available Xfinity.
- Signing up for Sling International services on Xfinity device starts with pressing ‘Xfinity button’ on the remote followed by selecting ‘Apps’.
- Locate Sling TV app in the ‘Entertainment’ or ‘Featured’ ribbon. You can search for ‘Sling’ in the Xfinity menu as well or use a voice search to find the app.
- Once you’ve found the app, select the app and choose ‘Watch 7 days Free’.
- Select a base service; add any extras as per your choice and then, select ‘Continue’.
- Next, create your Sling account by typing in your email address and a strong password.
- Enter your billing information to finish the account creation process and then, select ‘Finish & Submit’ to confirm.
Your Sling account has now been created, so do Sling TV login and start watching your favorite content.
How To Activate Your Free Trial?
- Go to gci.com from your web browser and then, sign in or sign up for MyGCI to start the process of activating Sling TV.
- After MyGCI is verified, the Sling TV sign up screen will appear on the screen. Type in your email and create a strong password.
- Select your base service plan. If you want to add any additional channel, then you get the provision to add ‘Extras’ with the base service plan.
- Click the ‘Add’ button given in blue color to add extra services. You are going to be billed for any channel add-ons you choose to add.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Type in your billing info and review your selections.
- Accept the ‘Disclaimer’ and then, check the box corresponding to ‘Finish and Submit’ button.
- Now, download the app on the selected device, and with that, Sling TV activation is complete.
If you are not satisfied with Sling TV, then you can cancel your membership. For that, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Sign into your Sling TV account.
- Enter your Sling login details, i.e., your email address and password.
- In case you are unable to recall your Sling TV email address but are logged in on a device, then go to ‘Settings’ and then, select ‘Account’ to view the email address that you are logged in with.
- If you’ve forgotten the password, then you will have to get in touch with Sling TV support providers. They will help you reset your password.
- Click ‘Cancel Subscription’ link on your Sling account page.
- A message will pop up on the screen regarding an offer. If you want to take that offer, then click ‘Subscription’. If you want to continue, click ‘Cancel subscription’.
This is how you can do Sling TV cancel account. If you come across any problem while performing these steps, then take Sling TV help from experts.
Even if you cancel your subscription, you’d still be able to watch content on Sling TV until the end of your billing cycle or for any prepaid period. If you cancel the subscription during a free trial, then it will be immediately terminated.
Sling TV is on the fast lane to becoming a successful streaming service, but chances of Sling TV hitting roadblocks are also there and can’t be written off.
Let’s find out different issues and errors that are experienced by users while accessing Sling TV and how to eradicate those:
- Sling TV not working on Roku.
- Problems in installing Sling TV on Apple TV.
- Unable to create Sling TV account.
- Sling TV account hacked.
- My device listed on the list of Sling TV supported devices.
- Sling TV error 10 100.
- Sling error 5 419.
- Sling error 10 3.
- Sling TV error 5 101.
- Sling error 10 402.
- Sling TV error 10 3.
For all these Sling TV error codes, you can log onto help Sling com. Just go through the information provided on the page for each error and then, take the necessary action.
Seeing errors on the TV screen doesn’t give any pleasure, especially when you are in the midst of watching something extremely interesting. If you encounter any problem with your Sling TV app, then you should get in touch with Sling TV customer support phone number. Let the experts assist you with the problem you’re facing. Don’t wait, and call the experts right away!
- Sling TV’s service won’t work outside the US. You can’t even access their website.
- If you are on vacation or working abroad or live outside the US, then this workaround will let you watch Sling TV no matter your location.
- We can confirm this method works to let you watch Sling TV in Canada, in the UK, in Australia or anywhere else.
- You need to set your IP address to the US, which tricks Sling TV into thinking you are connecting to their website or service from within the United States
- To do this, use a VPN or Smart DNS proxy. This method is a perfectly legal and legitimate workaround. Using a VPN is much easier because the setup process when using smart DNS can be complex.
- Use a fast VPN so streaming is smooth. Free ones won’t cut it. We recommend ExpressVPN, which is fast, works with all popular devices and has a 30-day money-back guarantee. Take advantage of an offer for 3 free extra months with 12-month plans here.
- If you don’t already have Sling TV, a 7-day free trial is included for new customers. Using this and ExpressVPN’s money back guarantee, you can try this method risk-free and cancel both if needed, or if you just want a week’s free viewing.
- Smart DNS services are harder to setup than VPNs but work on more devices. We recommend using Overplay, which we’ve thoroughly tested for this method.
Reader deal: Get 3 months free with ExpressVPN
Sling TV is a godsend for cord cutters that don’t want to commit to an all-on-demand diet of TV shows and movies. In particular, live TV such as sports and other real-time events are still best suited for traditional cable and satellite. And while almost all TV shows end up on streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime eventually, most of them still air on plain old-fashioned TV first.
Unfortunately, Sling TV is only available in the United States. Even if you buy a subscription in the US with an American billing address, users who travel abroad are blocked from watching any of the content. They can’t even access the Sling TV home page. Instead, users outside the US are greeted with an “Access denied” error page like this one: “The owner of this website (www.sling.com) has banned the country or region your IP address is in (DE) from accessing this website.”
Luckily, there’s a simple solution. All you need is a VPN or smart DNS proxy