Our 28' model is available and ready to tour!
View this model
Multiple tiny house plans and models are available, all fully customizable! Schedule your consultation today!
See more builds
Every tiny home is permanently attached to a fully certified trailer with electric brakes, running lights, & more!
Read about our trailers
Permanently attached to the trailer, our tiny houses are designed to comply with the safety standards set forth by ANSI 119.5 as well as NFPA 1192, making them easy to finance and insure.
Of course, the cost of a tiny home will vary depending on the materials and furnishings. This is why you should carefully think over your overall goal for having a tiny house before beginning the process. Needs will differ whether you're looking for a full-time residence or recreation.
It also matters what type of environment you'll be living in. Heating and cooling along with insulation needs for homes in the Northeast may be different than that of homes in the south. Here is a list of things to estimate into the cost of building your tiny house.
- Exterior trim
- Interior paneling & trim
- Heating and cooling systems
20. Move in!
One of the biggest differences between building a tiny house on a trailer and building on a permanent foundation is that you’ll most likely avoid building permits and inspections. But don’t get me wrong, it’s a very good idea to follow building codes because they describe best practices that can help you build a safe house.
The main areas you can save money are:
- Trailer – Shop carefully and save $1,000 or more.
- Exterior Siding – Consider a single layer material like Hardie Board.
- Interior Sheathing – Consider drywall over wood. It’s not as warm and cozy but costs less.
- Windows & Doors – Buy seconds at significant discounts.
- Interior Decor – Stainless steel looks great and lasts lifetimes, but if you’re short on initial cash consider the frugal route initially. You can always remodel/resurface.
- Flooring – There are many bargains to be found in flooring in the new and secondary markets.
- Appliances – Those stainless steel marine fireplaces look and function great but cost $1,000. Make frugal choices here and save a lot. You can always upgrade later.
Be sure to read our FAQ too!